997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PSS10 Damptronic are here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:57 AM
BoostJunkie is on a distinguished road
PSS10 Damptronic are here!

Thanks to Myles at RaceComp Engineering for getting these for me, one of the first sets of PSS10 Damptronics for 997 C4S They look amazing, I'll be installing them, along with GT3 control arms next week. RaceComp is traditionally well-known as suspension experts in the Subaru/Evo world but Myles has had a love for Porsches ever since he began racing a 944 Turbo way back when, so they have recently expanded to do a lot more Porsche, Mercedes, etc. They know their stuff when it comes to suspension!

Old 11-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
BoostJunkie-

I want to clarify something that we just recently learned.

Officially these are not really called PSS10's, but just simply Bilstein Damptronics. PSS10's are what the PSS9's are being replaced with. PSS9's and PSS10's have external ***** on them and the end user can click to 9 or 10 different settings. What you have is the Damptronic for PASM cars. There is two settings both of which are controlled on the dash just like the factory. It works just like the OEM with no lights or faults on the dash. I also want to note that Bilstein was contracted by Porsche to help design the OEM system. They have the most intimate knowledge of how it all works.

I'll admit, we were calling them PSS10 Damptronics when we first heard about them, but we have been corrected. We are fixing our web site and our accounting software to show the correct nomenclature.

Either way, you have purchased the latest and greatest offering from Bilstein for your PASM equipped Porsche. Please don't take this as you having purchased the wrong thing. It's just an educational post.

Any questions, please email or PM me.

Thanks!

FYI, I have more of these in stock and can ship asap. Please contact me if you have a
C4S.

http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...nsion&IL=pss10

Old 11-08-2007, 01:37 PM
BoostJunkie is on a distinguished road
Thanks for clarifying Mike, it makes sense since the 10 is meant to indicate 10 levels of damping adjustability and these instead work like the stock system. Either way they look gorgeous, can't wait to get them on the car

Old 11-08-2007, 05:53 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Well I have the Bilstein kit that doesn't have the ***** but works with PASM. Full coilover kit. I've always heard that they were PSS9s for PASM, and later were called PSS for PASM. Could this kit be what I have?

Old 11-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blakt out
Well I have the Bilstein kit that doesn't have the ***** but works with PASM. Full coilover kit. I've always heard that they were PSS9s for PASM, and later were called PSS for PASM. Could this kit be what I have?
Even though everyone called what you have PSS9's for PASM, they aren't really PSS9's. The proper terminology for what you have is, Bilstein Damptronic Coilovers. The Damptronics are for any car that has PASM from the factory.

Any car without PASM will use an externally adjustable PSS9, or PSS10 when they are finally released.

Hope that helps.