997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

P zero

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 12:45 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
P zero

Hi All,
When I am attacking the corners, I heard high pitch sound from the tires. Not squeaking badly, but just a high pitch sound following me. I have a cab so that I can hear it clearly.
Is that normal? Also happened to you? PS2 have no such things?

by the way, there is a bubble came out on my front tire.... is that dangerous? the car only have few hundred miles, should I claim Pirelli?

Old 03-03-2008, 01:17 PM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
A bubble or blister on your tire is not good. Ask your dealer for advice.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:23 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
The pitch you hear may be from the shoulder design of the tread. Some tires may sing a bit when rolled over that far (hard cornering).

As for the bubble, this time of year it's likely from a road hazard (pothole). If your dealership can't (or won't) help you go to a local Pirelli dealer. They are required to honor defect warranties I believe. If they won't help you, call our customer serviced dept.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 03-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Thank you
I never hit anything hard on the road... and I believe it is possible from the road, but it is also possible that is defective?!
And I planned to buy from tirerack again, you guys are out of stock....

Old 03-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
The tire is dangerous. Get it fixed/replaced immediately.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Yea, will not take the car out anymore.
Dealer asked me to refer back on the booklet...?!
I will call Pirelli asap.

For the singing, I started liking it more and more, but in the beginning, i was scared.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Pirelli should replace the defective tire. The singing of the tires is a sirens call urging you to drive. Enjoy.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Damon,

What's the truth about the 355/25-19 P Zeros?

No one has an honest answer, you show constantly backordered, and Pirelli USA will not respond to the question.

Is it a discontinued model?

Old 03-03-2008, 11:25 PM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Pirelli has told me the 355 has no definite production date. The reason being they arent in high demand. I constantly bug my Pirelli rep to see what he can find out on these, and see who he can convince to make them. If they made them, I know I could sell them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.