997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Any 997 C4S Targas on here?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:12 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Any 997 C4S Targas on here?????

Just wondering if anyone has a 997 C4S Targa on here? These seem to be a rare car for some reason...mostly i see C4S's...and Targa 4's....but not C4S Targas! I think this is such a cool car!

Anyone? If so, post up some pics!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:39 AM
JSV_911 is on a distinguished road
997 Targa 4S

I'm glad to see another admirer of the Targa 4S. You're right, you don't see many of them around. My dealer gets about 1/mo and they're one of the higher volume guys. Here are some pics of mine.

JSV

Attached Images   
Old 03-12-2008, 09:55 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JSV_911
I'm glad to see another admirer of the Targa 4S. You're right, you don't see many of them around. My dealer gets about 1/mo and they're one of the higher volume guys. Here are some pics of mine.

JSV
Nice car. What color is that?

Old 03-12-2008, 09:56 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Just wondering if anyone has a 997 C4S Targa on here? These seem to be a rare car for some reason...mostly i see C4S's...and Targa 4's....but not C4S Targas! I think this is such a cool car!

Anyone? If so, post up some pics!!!
There aren't many Targas period, including Targa S.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:58 AM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
They are beautiful but i just don't see the point - it takes a very specific buyer for one:

Climate where winters are rough enough to validate awd, owner doesn't mind the extra weight and wants the wider hips. Owner may require the hatch for easy access and doesn't mind the extra weight.

Others may just buy it disregarding those factors as they don't like verts though want that open air feel from time to time from the targa and don't care about the extra weight of the car as they like the wider hips etc.

Josh.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:31 AM
The color is Nordic Gold.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 PM
hugo will become famous soon enoughhugo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by LABrit
They are beautiful but i just don't see the point - it takes a very specific buyer for one:

Climate where winters are rough enough to validate awd, owner doesn't mind the extra weight and wants the wider hips. Owner may require the hatch for easy access and doesn't mind the extra weight.

Others may just buy it disregarding those factors as they don't like verts though want that open air feel from time to time from the targa and don't care about the extra weight of the car as they like the wider hips etc.

Josh.
Here are a few points:

imo the targa 4S is the best looking out of the current 911 line due to the window/hip line and different back side windows,accentueted by the chrome line from the A to C frame.

the full glass roof with the screen allow for a very airy cabin most of the time while keeping the sun away when required.

AWD allows for a better stability,not necessary a weather instrument

the roof sliding mechanism is a work of art and a pleasure to watch time and again

as opposed to a cabrio,no soft top involved

+ all you have outlined in your post

to me the targa in 4S guise seem to be the best looking,elegant and best proportioned current 911 and that was the main determining factor for purchase

here are a few pics

Attached Images      

Last edited by hugo; 03-12-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
Hugo,

I agree with you regarding the vehicle aesthetically, I do infact prefer the looks (those hips) to my own C2S!

As a sports car it is still more than formidable enough, though the weight of the awd and the targa detract from the handling, nimbleness and overall speed of the vehicle. It really depends what someone is looking for out of their purchase.

Josh.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Hugo,

I agree with you regarding the vehicle aesthetically, I do infact prefer the looks (those hips) to my own C2S!

As a sports car it is still more than formidable enough, though the weight of the awd and the targa detract from the handling, nimbleness and overall speed of the vehicle. It really depends what someone is looking for out of their purchase.

Josh.
How much heavier is a Targa S than a C2S Coupe or Cab?

Old 03-12-2008, 03:53 PM
1420 KG vs 1535 KG according to Evo Magazine.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:01 PM
1420 KG vs 1535 KG according to Evo Magazine.
So any Targa is approximately 200 pounds heavier than its Coupe counterpart? What adds to the weight, just the glass top and associated mechanicals?

Old 03-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Primarily the glass roof and awd system.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Primarily the glass roof and awd system.
I figured the AWD system weight is common to the Targa and coupe. So am still not sure of weight difference between a Targa 4S and a Coupe 4S.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm talking about the difference of a C2S to a C4S.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:23 PM
The Targa 4s w/ Tip has a GVW of 4321 lbs. The coupe 4S w/ Tip is 4233, while the cab is 4354.

I you lose the awd, it drops 33 lbs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any 997 C4S Targas on here?????