997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Lack of 305/25/20 tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:36 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Lack of 305/25/20 tires

Just posting because I need to vent !
Why is it so hard to get the 305/25/20 tire from Pirelli or Conti ?
Supply and demand,obviously they have demand now let's get the supply !
This is ridiculous,I have phoned sooo many places to come up empty handed on the Conti's.I also do NOT want to run a mismatched pair(badluck in my mind).
Short of buying Falkens,Yokahama Advan Sport,or Nitto Neo Gen,and a full set at that. I am starting to think I am S.O.L !
I need these to finish my project.

Sorry just needed to vent.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:25 PM
hidesert will become famous soon enough
Same story w/Pirelli 19s...tough to find.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:44 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Only good news I received today was that the wheel co. I received the wheels from DPEngineereing has gone out of their way to send me some inside hoops,at a wicked deal,to turn my 11 inch wide wheels into 10's.
So at least now I can run my 295/25/20 without streeeetch.Then when the 305's do come available I will just change them back to make tham 11's again.
At this point I have exhausted ALL my other options.
Funny thing though,my stock 295's seem wider than the new 295's !
Aren't they suppose to be about the same width overall?
I do understand a bit of variance but about an inch difference !??!
I never dreamed tires would become this hard to get,retailers must be going nuts !

Stacy

Old 04-07-2008, 04:08 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Did you check with Tirerack? They are the largest tire reseller in the world, they probably have some pull.

Ed

Old 04-07-2008, 04:15 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Did you check with Tirerack? They are the largest tire reseller in the world, they probably have some pull.

Ed
I'm looking for the same size of tires and they are Nowhere available not even tirerack. I have been running my stock wheels in the back for almost 3 months now . I ended up buying Falken but I'm not sure about them as they look different and I haven't tried Falken tires before.

I might sell the Falken tires. Let me know if you are interested 305 25 20

Old 04-07-2008, 04:16 PM
OHHH yes !!
Tire Rack
Discount tire (Az)
My buddy who runs a MHT wheel wharehouse who buys a ton of tires !
Tire Rack has Pirelli rears but not the fronts I want.
So I phoned another buddy here in Abbotsford(tire shop) and he has 20 fronts but do I really want to buy a whole set again!?
The Conti's ARE BRAND new.
so I decided to buy the narrower hoops,this way I can use the tires I have now and if this ever happens again I have more of a selection.I would imagine rollin' around on a 25 series tire there would be a good chance of damaging a tire and to go through this again,NO THANKS !
Like I said with having the two sized hoops I have more selection so that my car will always be ready to go !!
See you soon ED !

Stacy

Old 04-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
I'm looking for the same size of tires and they are Nowhere available not even tirerack. I have been running my stock wheels in the back for almost 3 months now . I ended up buying Falken but I'm not sure about them as they look different and I haven't tried Falken tires before.

I might sell the Falken tires. Let me know if you are interested 305 25 20
Falken is not my first pic either but thanks !
I am good,my friend,as I posted above !
I made it so I have options,after all my car is just a "boulevard cruiser".
Thank goodness for three piece wheels !

Old 04-07-2008, 04:29 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
what do you think about the Falken should i use them or wait ?

Old 04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
what do you think about the Falken should i use them or wait ?
That is up to you.I wouldn't touch the falken's but then again I do not know much about them.
After all if you are just rolling around town I am sure they will be fine.
I just can't run mismatched tires,something about it !
I was hearing June for the Conti's though !
Just an update on this,I managed to secure a set of Pirelli's !
That's right a whole set front and back.Now I guess the conti's will be a back-up set.

Last edited by justatoy; 04-10-2008 at 08:41 PM.