997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

WTB: Center console with Porsche Crest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:56 AM
NJTarga4 will become famous soon enough
WTB: Center console with Porsche Crest

Am looking for a black Porsche 997 center console cover with the porsche crest to match the crest on my black seats. Anyone have one for sale? Need a vin# with one on it to order from Porsche Exclusive.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is on a distinguished road
so your dealer is lazy?

Old 05-06-2008, 12:03 PM
NJTarga4 will become famous soon enough
asked them to order 8mths ago and thay have never followed through-thought maybe I would do better on a forum.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor
Vorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud ofVorsteiner has much to be proud of
This is part of the Porsche Exclusive Equipment and can only be ordered as a replacement unit for a vehicle already equipped with this option.

You will require a VIN# from this vehicle and provide this to your local Porsche parts counter.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vorsteiner
This is part of the Porsche Exclusive Equipment and can only be ordered as a replacement unit for a vehicle already equipped with this option.

You will require a VIN# from this vehicle and provide this to your local Porsche parts counter.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, now I get it

Old 05-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Source for Crested Center Console Cover

I believe Suncoast Porsche sells these in 2 different versions - a really expensive Premium leather version for about $800 and a more normal version for under $300

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...e=997S_Leather

Old 05-23-2012, 08:04 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Petza914
I believe Suncoast Porsche sells these in 2 different versions - a really expensive Premium leather version for about $800 and a more normal version for under $300

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...e=997S_Leather
I've had the 'more normal version' for quite some time. Bought from Suncoast. It's just 'OK'. It's not as black as my cabin leather and the stitching really isn't real. Put a little leather conditioner on it and it tends to 'blacken' it up some. Other than that it looks fine and the cost was well within 'reasonable'. I think I bought it when they had some sort of special pricing ($269.95). Bottom line it's nicer than my old plain leather one.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Boosted Josh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AP 997S
I've had the 'more normal version' for quite some time. Bought from Suncoast. It's just 'OK'. It's not as black as my cabin leather and the stitching really isn't real. Put a little leather conditioner on it and it tends to 'blacken' it up some. Other than that it looks fine and the cost was well within 'reasonable'. I think I bought it when they had some sort of special pricing ($269.95). Bottom line it's nicer than my old plain leather one.
I had this one on my cayman and bought it again for my 997.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
You will need to use leather conditioner to bring out the true color, all Porsche leather comes untreated from the factory. A little schmutz will change the color dramatically.

It is really stitching, not sure about the comment from AP_997S. It's real string! It was one of the first upgrades I did on my Cayman, makes the stock lid look terrible by comparison.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 05-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Boosted Josh is on a distinguished road
Here is a photo of mine in my cayman. It's a pretty nice upgrade for not too much money. I don't know what the more expensive one has over this one unless the leather is from the belly of a rare mountain goat or something.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:18 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by suncoastric
You will need to use leather conditioner to bring out the true color, all Porsche leather comes untreated from the factory. A little schmutz will change the color dramatically.

It is really stitching, not sure about the comment from AP_997S. It's real string! It was one of the first upgrades I did on my Cayman, makes the stock lid look terrible by comparison.

I'm going to take a closer look at mine regarding the stitching. It looks fake to me but it might be real. The leather just isn't in the same class as the cabin leather (IMHO) and although I do spread the over priced Porsche Leather Conditioner (little black bottle) it still does't appear as black as the seats, etc. It just might be the grain and quality. I'll shoot a picture today and post it.

ps. Yours looks great next to the painted console.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Dave's911 is on a distinguished road
Love mine. Also the lower cost one from Suncoast!

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
What is the difference between the $289 and the $769 lid?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
The premium version has a slightly stronger leather smell, and the Crest was slightly (and I mean slightly) different looking. It's hard to tell the difference. I only recommend the premium version for folks with full leather consoles. For everyone else, save the money and buy this one.

Every passenger I've had in the car instantly notices it, and they always want to touch it.......not sure why. LoL

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 05-24-2012, 09:42 AM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Got my less expensive version from Suncoast and love it. I see nothing wrong with quality or diff in leather.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB: Center console with Porsche Crest