997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

-pics- Front Chin spoiler 997 something a little different-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:02 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
-pics- Front Chin spoiler 997 something a little different-

Hamman front chin spoiler.... I thought long and hard vs the gt3 front end which we all know is beautiful. But I wanted to try something a bit different and something no one else had. (well not many) I am very pleased with the results. My only fear is that I may not want to add my coil overs as with the Boston area roads (terrible) with this set up could be a disaster.... anyway here are some pics. I may swap the RUF center caps out for Porsche Crest but open to any other suggestions besides lowering the car as that topic is still being considered.... thanks

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RUFF2.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	70832   Click image for larger version

Name:	RUFF3.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	70833   Click image for larger version

Name:	RUFF4.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	70834   Click image for larger version

Name:	RUFF5.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	70835   Click image for larger version

Name:	RUFF6x.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	70836  

Last edited by mickfluff; 06-01-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:50 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Looks great Mick...yeah the Porsche center caps would set it off nicely!

Old 06-01-2008, 10:50 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I would put the CO's on, if it is a problem with roads go back to the stock bumper. I think performance mods are better then bling mods. Just my opinion.

BTW I think the bumper looks good.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Looks good.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:30 AM
rah79 is on a distinguished road
look great...did you consider the caragraphic lip?

Old 06-01-2008, 01:44 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
yes

yes that is an awesome lip as well..... but I wanted something that was a bit of a through back in design from porsche ...... the 993gt2 one of the best looking cars IMO....I just love this car...always have.

or those needing a clinic on "rain gutters"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alandes...n/photostream/

http://www.butzi.cz/modely/95_911_gt...2_(993)_01.jpg

http://www.florentmoulin.com/fiche.php?num=157&langue=2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_993 -scroll down to gt2-

Originally Posted by rah79
look great...did you consider the caragraphic lip?

Old 06-01-2008, 02:05 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I love it. Nice choice. Part of the reason I love the 997 is that it does have a good number of 993 cues in the styling.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:07 PM
b911s is on a distinguished road
Cant say I love it but it looks pretty nice. I'll have to look at it more to see if it grows on me.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:38 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Love the RUF wheels IMO don't like the lip. does not flow.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:06 PM
had a feeling....

Had a feeling you would surface Thats OK, when you post pics you leave yourself out there for the good and bad, so I do apprecaite the note back. I really want to add my tech art Coilovers but just nervous the car will not be practocal. Unlike the gt3 toss away bottom lip once this gets smashed its game over.... another 3 month wait and ship from germany for another.,...never mind the paint and install etc...

Originally Posted by lardog
Love the RUF wheels IMO don't like the lip. does not flow.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:13 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mickfluff
Had a feeling you would surface Thats OK, when you post pics you leave yourself out there for the good and bad, so I do apprecaite the note back. I really want to add my tech art Coilovers but just nervous the car will not be practocal. Unlike the gt3 toss away bottom lip once this gets smashed its game over.... another 3 month wait and ship from germany for another.,...never mind the paint and install etc...

That is why i went GT3 front.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:02 PM
But your cars not a gt3?

Do not take this personally, I love the Gt3 nose and even thought about one myself but.....

I love the GT3, love the nose, but like it best on the car it comes on stock .....the GT3 and while I understand and respect why people add it to a none GT3 car (cause it looks nice, better then the stock 997 nose no doubt) something about an identical part of that magnitude changing the whole front look of a lower model porsche to resemble a higher priced/better performing car (the GT3) I just don't feel right with. Kinda like adding an S emblem to a none S I guess. Again I do love the Gt3 front end, did think about getting one but opted for not....when someone looks at the front of a 997 with a gt3 nose and says, "nice GT3" what do you say? ummmmm thanks but it just looks like a GT3 doesn't really perform or cost the same? Guess you could say nothing or better yet if they can't tell based on some of the other differences then who cars..... I am not bashing it all together, as I again it looks amazing and was close to doing it mysefl but this was my reason for not.... that said I have S tips on my none S, but had them ceramic dipped black and added the bypass vale so its modded all the way around. But I could run into the same questions myself if someone thinks my car is an S based on my S tips..... but tips are one thing the entire front nose of a car is another. That said I might by swapping my exhaust tips for this very reason...

I know I know my RUF wheels not being a true VIN RUF..... well although its not a VIN RUF car the SC set up is in the makings, plus the RUF wheels for years have been put on none true VIN RUF cars. But I guess I could also see someone taking this point.....

Wow that sits low, you must have coil overs? How much a drop on your set up as the tech arts I have are 3/4 at stock ride height from tech art. Can lower or heighten as needed but this is how they come set up...

Originally Posted by lardog
That is why i went GT3 front.

Last edited by mickfluff; 06-01-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:44 PM
shooterguy is on a distinguished road
Looks very good. I like it maybe more than the GT3 and I think that is a great look.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:49 PM
mysticalec is on a distinguished road
No need to 'drop' the car if you feel like you will scrape or bottom out. Porsche stock ride is already quite low compared to most of other cars IMO

lip looks excellent, could you please post more pics of the direct front shots of it?

Old 06-02-2008, 03:38 AM
Michael2364 will become famous soon enough
It really looks great. IMO some kind of subtle rocker skirt would finish that off nicely.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: -pics- Front Chin spoiler 997 something a little different-