997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

whats up with Sponsors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:09 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
whats up with Sponsors?

I dont know about most of you, and usually i am tolerable of almost anything on the site, however, i cant stand when Sponsors invade each section with the same "advertising pics of "new wheels or new whatever". If your showing a pic of a set of wheels on an F430, keep it to the Ferarri section is all I'm saying. This seems to be happening way too much lately. If you have something new by all means show it but relax with the mass threads on each section. Just my opinion, anyone agree?
Danny

PS - this is obviously not all sponsors but more and more are doing it

Old 07-28-2008, 08:22 AM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
I've seen it too, too me it's not so much that they add pics in one section with different car brands but that they start a thread in EVERY section on it.

On the flip side, I see that they want to make sure everyone sees their product...as in a Porsche guy might be interested in the wheel design that was on a F430. They assume that if it is posted in the Ferrari section Porsche people won't see it and vice versa.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Former Vendor
FLATOUTZ06 is on a distinguished road
Danny,

I know your reffering to our post about the Ferrari.

We were just trying to post some pic's of what we can offer the Porsche guys. We have done quite a few porsche wheels but unfortunately we ship the wheels away and don't receive pictures back from the new owners.

Believe me the last thing we would ever want to do is offend potential customers. All we were trying to do is post up options, and try and get some conversation going about our wheel offerings.

And as far as posting in many different sections, this is the way that the majority of the online boards are.

www.corvetteforum.com
www.mbworld.org

www.clublexus.com has a different approach to sponsor advertising where they require us to only post advertisements in a particular forum. This site is setup as the two above where the vendors are allowed to post in all forums of the site.

Just trying to put our motivation out there, as to why we did that.

Thanks,

Andy Wheeler

Old 07-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by cayenned
I've seen it too, too me it's not so much that they add pics in one section with different car brands but that they start a thread in EVERY section on it.

On the flip side, I see that they want to make sure everyone sees their product...as in a Porsche guy might be interested in the wheel design that was on a F430. They assume that if it is posted in the Ferrari section Porsche people won't see it and vice versa.
Exactly,

Since we have done a lot of different Corvettes when we post on the vette forums its very easy to post pictures, that correspond to an exact model of car, or wheel make.

Unfortunately we don't have too many pic's of our Porsches yet, so we are just trying to help you guys see what we can do for you thats all.

Andy

Old 07-28-2008, 08:49 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
This is something that we are currently working on. Stay tuned.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:53 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Danny,

I tolerate the post simply because the sponsors pay money to keep this site running, no different then Pepsi or Bud putting a commercial on during Super Bowl. The post's they are really only around for half a day and then they sink away.

It is also cool to see some of these posts, as they allow me to think about the next mod that I want to do.

Ed

Old 07-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
This is something that we are currently working on. Stay tuned.
Certainly if this is out of line or in anyway against site policy let me know and we will take care of it! We want to make you guys happy you are our customers, and I want you guys to let us know how to better advertise for you.

Andy Wheeler

Old 07-28-2008, 09:14 AM
911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about
personally, I haven't found this to be bothersome at all-Although i don't frequent any other forums, only the 997 one...hopefully some day i will have a reason to visit the ferrari and lambo sections.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:42 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLATOUTZ06
Danny,

I know your reffering to our post about the Ferrari.

We were just trying to post some pic's of what we can offer the Porsche guys. We have done quite a few porsche wheels but unfortunately we ship the wheels away and don't receive pictures back from the new owners.

Believe me the last thing we would ever want to do is offend potential customers. All we were trying to do is post up options, and try and get some conversation going about our wheel offerings.

And as far as posting in many different sections, this is the way that the majority of the online boards are.

www.corvetteforum.com
www.mbworld.org

www.clublexus.com has a different approach to sponsor advertising where they require us to only post advertisements in a particular forum. This site is setup as the two above where the vendors are allowed to post in all forums of the site.

Just trying to put our motivation out there, as to why we did that.

Thanks,

Andy Wheeler
Hey Andy,

this was not a personal attack on you or any other sponsor, only an opinion which i hoped would stir the moderators to make a change in the "mass threading". I too am a business man and I know you guys pay big bucks, I too would take every opportunity to advertise and get my products out, the only thing is sometimes I, as a consumer, feel that the "mass threading" almost does the opposite. I'm sure that most 6speeders check out many of the different sections as do I and see the thread one way or another. Again, nothing against you or any other sponsor. In addition, your wheels are awesome and look terrific on all the cars I've seen thus far, keep up the good work and hope that you understand where I'm coming from.
Sincerely,
Danny

Old 07-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor
Absolutely Danny!

I will continue to work with the mods here to make sure you guys are happy!

I am just biased because I love Porsche and want to see more pic's with them on your cars

Thanks for understanding!

Andy Wheeler

Originally Posted by dinorocz
Hey Andy,

this was not a personal attack on you or any other sponsor, only an opinion which i hoped would stir the moderators to make a change in the "mass threading". I too am a business man and I know you guys pay big bucks, I too would take every opportunity to advertise and get my products out, the only thing is sometimes I, as a consumer, feel that the "mass threading" almost does the opposite. I'm sure that most 6speeders check out many of the different sections as do I and see the thread one way or another. Again, nothing against you or any other sponsor. In addition, your wheels are awesome and look terrific on all the cars I've seen thus far, keep up the good work and hope that you understand where I'm coming from.
Sincerely,
Danny

Old 07-28-2008, 03:45 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
if you have wheel pics then put them in the wheel and tire sections..

Old 07-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Gosh !! The sponsors have already spent more post time apologizing than reading the original post took. Much ado about nothing. If the sponsors are sponsoring the site they're probably doing it to generate some business besides, an occasional post that's not pictures of the 997.2 FL whatever, adds something new to read/enjoy/look at.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
360 Forged is the worst with this. Talk about shoving their product down your throat. Turns me off big time, but I suppose that is what they pay for so I understand their perspective. Still don't like it though.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:12 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dadio
Gosh !! The sponsors have already spent more post time apologizing than reading the original post took. Much ado about nothing. If the sponsors are sponsoring the site they're probably doing it to generate some business besides, an occasional post that's not pictures of the 997.2 FL whatever, adds something new to read/enjoy/look at.
+1 enough 997.2 photo's

Old 07-28-2008, 07:32 PM
MelsM3 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Common Sense...

The PROPER place to show/sell products is The Marketplace section.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: whats up with Sponsors?