997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 S Muffler Bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:50 AM
raffi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
NOOOO!!! Please buy a set of AfterHours sport pipes. You'll get all the wowness of bypass without the headache inside the car, and you'll actually pick up TQ and HP. They weight 8.2lbs each. I had bypass pipes for about a week- forget it!

Click link in my sig to see vids- go to www.afterhoursautomotive.com for pics, dyno etc.
Call Brian, owner, tell him Kurt sent ya. All pcar and 6speeders get $50 off. Located in Wilmington / San Pedro, installation is avail but it's an easy DIY.
997 pipes will be available 1st week in Sept. Order now to get in on the current production run.
i fully agree, i have had pretty much all the mufflers including awe, fabspeed, pse modded my oem, and the real pse.
the afterhours muffler is the only one that looks like it is worth $1k, you can probably pick up a used bypass for 100-150 and if you dont like it just sell it back, but if you are thinking of spending alittle more for mufflers i wouldnt reccomend anything besides the afterhours. All the others (besides pse) didnt even feel like anything much more than oem (in terms of sound), and they all made my tips crooked...

Old 08-21-2008, 12:02 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
do you have afterhours?

just curious.... the cans/mufflers seem so much smaller then many of the other makers on the afterhours? Smaller I have found sometimes can = way to loud with less sound deadening materials used. Any other data on them as a buyer and owner of their muffler set up for the 997. Anyone else with afterhours please chime in....
Thanks

Originally Posted by raffi
i fully agree, i have had pretty much all the mufflers including awe, fabspeed, pse modded my oem, and the real pse.
the afterhours muffler is the only one that looks like it is worth $1k, you can probably pick up a used bypass for 100-150 and if you dont like it just sell it back, but if you are thinking of spending alittle more for mufflers i wouldnt reccomend anything besides the afterhours. All the others (besides pse) didnt even feel like anything much more than oem (in terms of sound), and they all made my tips crooked...

Old 08-21-2008, 01:57 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
0 complaints on my 996, straight up awesome all around. Did you watch the vid in my sig? I too thought the cans were a bit small but they seem to do the job just fine. I'll have my 997 set on in a week or two.

As far as I know there are not "many makers" of this style exhaust. Don't confuse it with a regular muffler, totally different.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:38 AM
IXIXVII S is infamous around these parts
Installed muffler by pass pipes yesterday. To loud in the car at low rpms!! Sounds great after about 4500 . Loss of low end power, let off the gas and you get less drag from the exhaust. I had a 95 993 with cat by pass and the stock muffler and it sounded great.
Muffler by pass pipes have a place just not on my car. I think they would work great on your car, i will sell you my set for cheap! Just make me an offer! Plus you are not a true Pcar owner if you have not tried muffler by pass pipes

Last edited by IXIXVII S; 09-11-2008 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:32 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL- Yeah, I think this is a very common path... buy pcar, install bypass pipes and play around for a few days, sell bypass pipes.

If you want wicked sound at WOT, actually add power and have no in-car headache go for a set of sport pipes from www.afterhoursautomotive.com - Video of them on my 996 in my sig below.

BTW welcome to the six! post some pics of your ride.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:17 AM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
The afterhours exhaust sounds/looks great - can't wait for the 997 version to be released.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
p0rsche3 - what is your cut from the sale of the AH mufflers? You seem to be overly zealously marketing them. if not, my bad.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:38 AM
My "cut" is the enjoyment I get from helping other pcar enthusiasts find cool mods.

Yes your bad for trying to be a poo-head towards me in a public forum.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 09-12-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
drestless is infamous around these parts
My "cut" is the enjoyment I get from helping other pcar enthusiasts find cool mods.

Yes your bad for trying to be a poo-head towards me in a public forum.
I checked the afterhours website and it is priced $950. Is that the only place we can buy it? Thank you!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Yep, they make them by hand so that is the only place - I heard talk from them about securing a production facility, so sometime soon they may be looking for distributors.

Don't forget- If you call to order, talk to Brian (owner) and say you are a Porsche forum or club member- You'll get $50 off!! -I see you are in SoCal so you could even stop by their shop if you want (San Pedro).

Old 09-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Does anyone have the afterhours muffler on a 997?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
drestless is infamous around these parts
Yep, they make them by hand so that is the only place - I heard talk from them about securing a production facility, so sometime soon they may be looking for distributors.

Don't forget- If you call to order, talk to Brian (owner) and say you are a Porsche forum or club member- You'll get $50 off!! -I see you are in SoCal so you could even stop by their shop if you want (San Pedro).
Got it. $50 is better than $0 discount. I'll take care of my CEL first then I'll consider purchasing it.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche Boy
Does anyone have the afterhours muffler on a 997?
I think only Raffi so far (how did he pull that one off, getting it so soon???) - Mine should be going on next week.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Raffi you have to upload the clip we all want to hear how it sounds on the 997.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:09 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Yes, we need video clips please. I'm happy with my Tubi's, but I'm curious about the AH's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 S Muffler Bypass