997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 S Muffler Bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 02:52 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
In regards with the MBP's, the low RPM's and cruising around doesn't bother me, that's that part I liked. The part that was particularly annoying was the lingering buzz/resonance when cruising on the freeway at speeds above 75.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:34 PM
amenasce is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
LOL- yeah that is funny, I think almost everyone on this board tried a set of bypass pipes when they first got their pcar. It's almost a "right of passage" for those of use who love to tinker with our cars...

Amenasce- Hey if you love em, great! That is what it is really all about- what you love. Most of us have found them to be too loud for normal daily driving (and we're not old folks either ). After playing with the bypass pipes, I searched for months afterwards for the "perfect exhaust" and settled on the Afterhours pipes. They give you the same wicked rip as bypass pipes at WOT with a tad more refined sound, but are much more tame at idle / cruising. Plus they are still light at only 8lbs each.
You may also want to put on a KN or EVOMS intake kit- The intake kits typically compliment the aftermarket exhausts nicely and give a bit of rumble on their own.

Yes, im thinking of buying the Fabspeed Cold air kit. Havent looked at Evoms though. Is it better ?

Thanks !

Old 04-17-2010, 03:39 PM
jon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of light
despite the bad comments, i wanted to try the Fab bypass exhaust

well.. the try is made, thank you but no thank you.

It's loud but i can live with it.
The low frequency droning at low-rpm is very annoying, and louder than expected.

The worst was the high-pitch sound that was not very nice to hear (from inside the car), i'm definitively looking for some lower tone sound...

well... it won't be easy to surpass my 911SC 3.2l sound (Bursch exhaust, cat bypass) !

I'll try the Speedtech exhaust that i have on hand next week

Old 04-18-2010, 08:43 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL- Yes, everyone warns you'll hate it but still have to DIY.. At least this makes for a good steady supply of "slightly used" bypass pipes on ebay..

You should consider the afterhours genII pipes- It's still the best sounding system I've ever heard / experienced on a 911. Plus it's very light weight and actually does increase the performance numbers by a noticeable margin. It also looks very trick under the car (all stainless).
The thing I like the best is it is tame at idle / cruising but when you floor it all hell breaks loose- Plus you'll never need to worry about doing a cat bypass, it is just not needed.

Originally Posted by jon8
despite the bad comments, i wanted to try the Fab bypass exhaust

well.. the try is made, thank you but no thank you.

It's loud but i can live with it.
The low frequency droning at low-rpm is very annoying, and louder than expected.

The worst was the high-pitch sound that was not very nice to hear (from inside the car), i'm definitively looking for some lower tone sound...

well... it won't be easy to surpass my 911SC 3.2l sound (Bursch exhaust, cat bypass) !

I'll try the Speedtech exhaust that i have on hand next week