997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

service light reset?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:46 AM
bchow83 is on a distinguished road
service light reset?

just talked to my dealer, and since i had my oil change done elsewhere, they say that they can not reset the service light... i believe i've seen other people on this forum say that the dealer will do it... is downtown la porsche just being difficult? or does anyone know of a dealer in the los angeles area that would help me with this. thanks.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:23 PM
MelsM3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bchow83
just talked to my dealer, and since i had my oil change done elsewhere, they say that they cannot reset the service light... i believe i've seen other people on this forum say that the dealer will do it... is downtown la porsche just being difficult? or does anyone know of a dealer in the los angeles area that would help me with this. thanks.
They are lying.

Yes.

I would use a different dealership in the future.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:31 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
just talked to my dealer, and since i had my oil change done elsewhere, they say that they can not reset the service light... i believe i've seen other people on this forum say that the dealer will do it... is downtown la porsche just being difficult? or does anyone know of a dealer in the los angeles area that would help me with this. thanks.
I am not sure how far Carlsbad is but Hoehn will hook u up

Old 11-20-2008, 11:24 AM
997guardian will become famous soon enough
IMO, downtown LA Porsche is being difficult. I've been there twice for service and both times did not feel any love. I had my 20k service done at an indie Porsche shop so downtown LA wanted to charge $155 for just clearing the service light. The indie shop will be clearing my light (I had the service done a month prior to actually hitting 20k so the light hadn't come on yet).

Second time I went in there were 3 service advisers with heads down; could not bother to acknowledge a customer's presence. Their service reps, including the manager, do not give the vibe that they want to go the extra mile for service. Talking to the manager made me feel like I was talking to a cop. Arrogant, not friendly, and curt. And if you have any aftermarket mods while your car is under warranty, forget about warranty service. They will charge you for everything without even flinching. Not an ounce of compassion.

I definitely will not be returning to them for service or to purchase.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:01 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Can you clear this with a Durametric OBD tool? If so, it may be well worth the price.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:07 PM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lakerholic
Can you clear this with a Durametric OBD tool? If so, it may be well worth the price.
Yup

Old 11-20-2008, 03:38 PM
kdubb is on a distinguished road
or disconnect the battery for 15 minutes

Old 11-20-2008, 04:06 PM
bchow83 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kdubb
or disconnect the battery for 15 minutes
disconnecting my battery for 15 minutes clears the service light???

Old 11-20-2008, 04:11 PM
kdubb is on a distinguished road
disconnecting my battery for 15 minutes clears the service light???
from all Ive heard and read, disconnecting the battery will clear the codes in the computer... i might be incorrect, but I believe I am right.

now if it is a code that the car keeps throwing, obviously the code will show back up rather quickly

Old 11-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Big_O will become famous soon enough
This may be worth the $287 to never have to step foot into the stealership again.

http://www.durametric.com/

Old 11-21-2008, 10:47 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by big_o
this may be worth the $287 to never have to step foot into the stealership again.

http://www.durametric.com/
exactly.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
They are not being truthful with you.

Hoehn reset my service reminder light for me in less than 20 minutes while I was waiting at the dealership on Veteran's day. No charge to me, and they were happy to oblige.

Hoehn is a long drive for you but I suggest you find another dealer who actually has a notion of customer service.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:51 AM
Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !
What a bunch of BS. I hate when some of these dealers make things difficult for absolutely no reason!

Last edited by Red Blur; 11-22-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:21 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
They are not being truthful with you.

Hoehn reset my service reminder light for me in less than 20 minutes while I was waiting at the dealership on Veteran's day. No charge to me, and they were happy to oblige.

Hoehn is a long drive for you but I suggest you find another dealer who actually has a notion of customer service.

1+ on Hoehn. I bought mine from them. Did u?

Old 11-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
1+ on Hoehn. I bought mine from them. Did u?
Yes and it was the best car buying experience I've ever had. The dealership is under construction so they're a bit of a mess right now but I've recommended them to several people and all of us are happy with our experiences.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: service light reset?