997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What ECU is everyone running?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:02 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
What ECU is everyone running?

about to splurge once again on intake and ECU. I have decided to go with the X51 intake but what's everyone running for their ECU?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:11 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
I have X51 intake, fabspeed bypass pipes, fabspeed 200 cell high flow cats, EVOMS headers, and plenum so I now want the ECU

Old 01-27-2009, 10:13 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
We use the EVOMSit software here.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:18 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I am not sure if the EVOMSit is there own technology. I know that they use to sell GIAC (which I had on my first 997 from them). I know a lot of people also run softronic www.softronic.us and APR is another www.goapr.com that I hear a lot of people talk about.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:22 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I am not sure if the EVOMSit is there own technology. I know that they use to sell GIAC (which I had on my first 997 from them). I know a lot of people also run softronic www.softronic.us and APR is another www.goapr.com that I hear a lot of people talk about.
Absolutely it's done in-house by Todd@EVO. We took our Cayman S there, 3.8L GT3RS and 996TT 3.8 out there all for custom tuning on the dyno It's been great because we've gotten specific files for the hardware configurations we run (e.g. our exhausts or 3.8 kits).

Old 01-27-2009, 10:26 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Absolutely it's done in-house by Todd@EVO. We took our Cayman S there, 3.8L GT3RS and 996TT 3.8 out there all for custom tuning on the dyno It's been great because we've gotten specific files for the hardware configurations we run (e.g. our exhausts or 3.8 kits).
That is great news, as I found the GIAC chip did nothing to help the NA engine in the 997 (only had a 91 Octaine flash). I know that Evo has a great name and I an sure that they are producing a good product.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:36 AM
That is great news, as I found the GIAC chip did nothing to help the NA engine in the 997 (only had a 91 Octaine flash). I know that Evo has a great name and I an sure that they are producing a good product.
We're happy that it's done in-house now in order to support their own hardware as well as ours

Here's an example of a GT3 with our exhaust (and NA engine) on 91:

Here's a lot with 93

Old 01-27-2009, 10:43 AM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
Softronic,easy to do and great support

Old 01-27-2009, 11:34 AM
We're happy that it's done in-house now in order to support their own hardware as well as ours

Here's an example of a GT3 with our exhaust (and NA engine) on 91:

Here's a lot with 93
Nice numbers Alex. When you are doing the test, I notice that the time between the 91 and 93 octaine was nothing. Did you run 93 with a 91 program?

Old 01-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Nice numbers Alex. When you are doing the test, I notice that the time between the 91 and 93 octaine was nothing. Did you run 93 with a 91 program?
Correct using the IST within the ECU it adjusts to use a higher ignition map

Old 01-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Correct using the IST within the ECU it adjusts to use a higher ignition map
What is the IST? Does it switch like the APR?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:44 PM
What is the IST? Does it switch like the APR?
http://www.evomsit.com/Services.htm#ist

It's not like APR's which is user controlled through the stalk I believe? I've only seen that on their Turbo Audi set ups. Trick tho!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:27 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I ran Revo in one 997S I had and Softronic in the other. I would do Softronic again!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
I ran Revo in one 997S I had and Softronic in the other. I would do Softronic again!
Hello,

I'm glad you have enjoyed the Softronic multi layer mapping or also known as adaptive software. We originally re-introduced it several years ago and many companies are moving in that direction. I can recall getting many questions on it and being told it couldn't work. Well Bosch started it almost 20 years ago and look at us now.

Best,
Scott

Old 01-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Arzo is infamous around these parts
+1 for softronic. Scott is very knowledgeable and helpful. He has tons of experience with PCA and understands the programming. Easy/self install and noticeable improvement in throttle response and just feels like it pulls intake and exhaust upgrades together.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What ECU is everyone running?