997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sharkwerks muffler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 03:56 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
Sharkwerks muffler

Look what arrived compliments of Alex. Install was easy. Haven't really tested the car too much but initial impressions were that it sounded great.

Call him up and buy, buy, buy.

I will post video clips soon.

Attached Images  
Old 01-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor
Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !
Hey there,
Glad to hear the installation wasn't too bad. I hope the instructions made sense and I've made a few revisions since sending yours out based on feedback. We're looking forward to the video!

Old 01-28-2009, 07:16 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mass
Look what arrived compliments of Alex. Install was easy. Haven't really tested the car too much but initial impressions were that it sounded great.

Call him up and buy, buy, buy.

I will post video clips soon.
Cheers mass and as I said on the other board, I am laying myself off and in you step Glad you like tho!

PS Folks, we've got a bunch leaving tomorrow (will Email you tracking #'s) and thanks for waiting!

Old 01-28-2009, 09:01 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Mass, by pass pipes...not muffler...ya freaked me out thinking they came out with something like a muffler set for the 997.2! ha ha

Get that by pass pipe installed and now you have a great reason to go drive your car in those AWESOME California hills you have....man Florida roads are boring!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:36 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
Mass, by pass pipes...not muffler...ya freaked me out thinking they came out with something like a muffler set for the 997.2! ha ha

Get that by pass pipe installed and now you have a great reason to go drive your car in those AWESOME California hills you have....man Florida roads are boring!
Hehe thanks mike and you're right about our roads. It's important for us to remain smog legal on these daily driver cars... It's getting tougher and tougher to even bother with headers or cats. The fines are scary...

Old 01-29-2009, 07:59 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Alex are 200 cel cats legal in Cali? Florida is like the stone age...we do not have car inspections. So many guys here run without any Cats.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Alex are 200 cel cats legal in Cali? Florida is like the stone age...we do not have car inspections. So many guys here run without any Cats.
Nope sadly NOT. Any cat modification is illegal sadly (unless you can get a CARB cert). On the NA cars I've also had such bad luck with aftermarket cats I've honestly pretty much given up. We all go to the track here and a lot of guys end up with cats that come apart and flap around in the exhaust somewhere at the end of the day (not to mention a CEL). The gains are also so minimal for how much they end up costing I/we end spending it in other areas

Old 01-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Nope sadly NOT. Any cat modification is illegal sadly (unless you can get a CARB cert). On the NA cars I've also had such bad luck with aftermarket cats I've honestly pretty much given up. We all go to the track here and a lot of guys end up with cats that come apart and flap around in the exhaust somewhere at the end of the day (not to mention a CEL). The gains are also so minimal for how much they end up costing I/we end spending it in other areas
I have seen aftermarket cats on a 997S failing at the track. I have read about failing aftermarket cats on the forums and that is absolutly why I have never ever done aftermarket cats.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:41 PM
I have seen aftermarket cats on a 997S failing at the track. I have read about failing aftermarket cats on the forums and that is absolutly why I have never ever done aftermarket cats.
I read you loud and clear... the last thing I want for anyone that comes to us (and yes it often means we loose a sale etc...) is to have their track day ruined by cats failing and CELs, especially for such a marginal gain. Honestly, we've tried for years, on the 986, 996, 997 and Caymans and changing cats for a California car is not top of my list!

Because of the different dynamics associated with turbo cars we so rarely (if ever) get cats failing and the gains are so significant that I'm still obviously all for them on the Twin Turbo platforms obviously