997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

X51 intake AKA engine art

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:46 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
X51 intake AKA engine art

Installed the X51 intake over this past weekend. Took me longer than I thought to get it in. Getting the alternator out wasn't too difficult, but getting it back in was a major PITA. Cutting the decklid for the second intake tube was fairly easy since it was on the aerokit decklid which is fiberglass. Just thought I would share some pics I took of the finished result.

Matt

Attached Images   

Last edited by ///MJFDDS; 03-08-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:50 PM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
Agreed, I detailed a Targa with the X51 intake and it was gorgeous!

Nice mod,
Brendan

Old 03-08-2009, 09:56 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McDBrendan
Agreed, I detailed a Targa with the X51 intake and it was gorgeous!

Nice mod,
Brendan

Thanks!

Old 03-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Outstanding...I know who will be helping me install mine now Since we are local...

Gave you a little lovin as well...

Dave

Old 03-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Outstanding...I know who will be helping me install mine now Since we are local...

Gave you a little lovin as well...

Dave

Be glad to help, I'll let you cut the decklid though

Thanks for the love. We need to set up a cruise. Seems like there are a few who are interested.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:15 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Nicest intake for sure. Very nice.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:41 PM
jabed92694 will become famous soon enough
How does it sound? Any performance gains with this mod? Is this an OEM intake? I have been looking into intakes and a couple of aftermarket/performance shops have told me to stick with the original and not to modify the stock intake. Strange advice coming from 2 reputable performance shops!

Jon

Last edited by jabed92694; 03-08-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:42 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Just beautiful. A work of art and function.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Installed the X51 intake over this past weekend. Took me longer than I thought to get it in. Getting the alternator out wasn't too difficult, but getting it back in was a major PITA. Cutting the decklid for the second intake tube was fairly easy since it was on the aerokit decklid which is fiberglass. Just thought I would share some pics I took of the finished result.

Matt
What method did you use to connect the larger X-51 intake hose to the smaller non X-51 throttle body? I'd like to do this mod to my car, but I'm not sure of the best way to achieve this

Thanks

Old 03-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Nicest intake for sure. Very nice.
Thanks Ed!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by jabed92694
How does it sound? Any performance gains with this mod? Is this an OEM intake? I have been looking into intakes and a couple of aftermarket/performance shops have told me to stick with the original and not to modify the stock intake. Strange advice coming from 2 reputable performance shops!

Jon
Sounds similar to when I had my EVOMS installed, but then again I have AWE cats and PSE so it's hard to tell. I doubt any performance gains hence the title "engine art" and it is OEM.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Just beautiful. A work of art and function.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Ian_UK1
What method did you use to connect the larger X-51 intake hose to the smaller non X-51 throttle body? I'd like to do this mod to my car, but I'm not sure of the best way to achieve this

Thanks

I purchased the kit from Suncoast and they supply a pice of silicone tubing to act as a spacer between the smaller throttle body and tubing. I have heard some have used a Hoover vacuum belt to take up the space as well. You could also just swap to the larger throttle body.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:10 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Looks awesome! I'm loving my EVO Intake as well. Glad to see we're both satisfied customers!

Old 03-09-2009, 11:42 AM
mnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant future
that is exactly what I wish I saw when I opened my engine bay. I am just not willing to pay the price in labor and parts to do it! Thanks for sharing your engine ****!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:13 PM
alicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mnmatt
that is exactly what I wish I saw when I opened my engine bay....s
I agree - I would like to do that and the X-51 headers. Probably difficult to answer, but about how much could I expect labor to be to install? I have a feeling my dealer might be reluctant to do it. I'm not much of a DIY'er, but I would be willing to help (hinder) a friend who can do this sort of thing. Depending on how much trouble I am, I would know how much hazardous duty pay to offer him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: X51 intake AKA engine art