997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Maintaining Guards Red - scratches

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Sub
Sub is on a distinguished road
Maintaining Guards Red - scratches

All of the guards red cars I've seen (circa 2006) are very scratched with swirly marks. Is this paint softer than the others, or am I just seeing carwash cars? Also the paint looks faded, not rich. Is the guards red a deep color, or are they all sort of faded looking?

Last edited by Sub; 03-16-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:25 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
If all the guards red cars have swirls then you are not getting a good representation of the color.

Jason

Old 03-16-2009, 12:26 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
5000 miles now on my 2009 Guards Red and I have clayed, polished and sealed and waxed it when I got it. I put on anohter coat of wax this weekend and the paint is swirl free.

It is all how you take care of the car. I have owned many different colors of cars through the years and they all looked great.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:33 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
5000 miles now on my 2009 Guards Red and I have clayed, polished and sealed and waxed it when I got it. I put on anohter coat of wax this weekend and the paint is swirl free.

It is all how you take care of the car. I have owned many different colors of cars through the years and they all looked great.
Wow, 5000 miles already Mike. You drive your car a lot, I am envious.

I agree, taking car of the finish is important regardless of the colour. Black is the worst for showing off the swirls, whites, silvers and gray's are the best at hiding them.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:48 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sub
All of the guards red cars I've seen (circa 2006) a very scratched with swirly marks. Is this paint softer than the others, or am I just seeing carwash cars? Also the paint looks faded, not rich. Is the guards red a deep color, or are they all sort of faded looking?

They have not been maintained properly. Give it to a detail shop and it will pop. Trust me with this ....look at my color You can do it yourself with patience and becoming ****

Old 03-16-2009, 12:49 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Black is the worst for showing off the swirls, whites, silvers and gray's are the best at hiding them.[/quote]

Ed ,
you got that correct

Old 03-16-2009, 01:48 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Black is the worst for showing off the swirls, whites, silvers and gray's are the best at hiding them.

Ed ,
you got that correct[/QUOTE]

That is why I will never own a black car

Old 03-16-2009, 04:36 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Wow, 5000 miles already Mike. You drive your car a lot, I am envious.

I agree, taking car of the finish is important regardless of the colour. Black is the worst for showing off the swirls, whites, silvers and gray's are the best at hiding them.
Lots of good weather here. I'd have more but I've been out of town a lot.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:47 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
All I have to do is look at the black car and it can swirl yet mine has none . Correction --it may have a hint of some but nothing bad. I am careful to use special loofas and gentle car soaps and absorbers but I can not take all the credit . My car is detailed every time it gets a set of upgrades .

Now that you already have swirls which are really small scratches you face the task of removing them . Find a detailer in your area and learn from him after he repairs the car . I doubt he will have to wet sand it but if its really bad he might so its very important to pick someone who has talent rather than bargain hunt .

Old 03-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
i allways wax my car.