997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Will Wide body wheel fit on a narrow body?

Old 06-16-2009, 06:50 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Will Wide body wheel fit on a narrow body?

I've been looking for a used set of wheels for my 997S and keep coming across deals for Turbo and Carrera 4 wheels. I assume that these won't fit my car with or without spacers. Is that correct? Thanks

Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
use the search bar a member here had them installed on his narrow body 997. they fit perfect but the rear one stick out of the finders a little bit. something like 4-6mm

Old 06-16-2009, 07:01 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Short answer is: it depends

If it's a factory wheel, then most likely yes. Factory C4S/Turbo/GT3 offsets are ET51 on the rear, versus ET67 for a narrow body S (front offsets are the same or negligible if different).

What this means to you is that the rear wheels will stick out 16MM further than your stock S wheel. This SHOULD BE no problem as a lot of people (including myself) run 15MM spacers on the rears to "fill the wheel well" and the car looks good. Another MM shouldn't make the tire/wheel stick out of the fender.

Now, if it's not a factory wheel and something of the aftermarket variety, the rear wheels will probably not fit as the rear offsets will be even more aggressive than 51MM (I've seen ET25) and those wheels will FOR SURE stick out and not fit.

So, if you're upgrading to a factory wide-body wheel, you should not have any problems.

I think user Bara just added GT3 wheels to his S and the wheels looked great (if I'm not mistaken)... he might post in this thread and, hopefully, include a picture or two.

Good luck!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:08 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Thanks - The wheels that I am looking at are Techart Formulas. The fronts are listed as 8.5x19 et 40 and the rears are 11x19 et 25. I guess I am out of luck.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
to answer your question, yes, the stock WB wheels fit the NB BUT, the car has to be lowered or it will look like its sticking way out.

the stock GT3 wheel sticks out 12mm past the stock NB wheel. GT3's also run a 5mm spacer in the rear for a total of 17mm past the NB wheel. lowered to GT3 spec, it looks perfect and aggressive.

your specs above wont work. most after market WB wheels are set aggressive for the WB

below is gt3 wheels, lowered to gt3 spec, w/ 5mm spacers in rear

Last edited by Bara; 06-16-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Kurt RSF is on a distinguished road
GT3 wheels on a NB

Bara,

Thanks for your informative post. BTW, your car looks terrific!

I can see that you did your homework regarding the wheel offsets. I didn't realize the GT3 utilized 5 mm rear spacers, but I see now that spec is buried in the GT3 brochure.

I'm curious what you did to lower your car: lowering springs, or coilovers? Would you mind sharing what setup you did?

Did you utilize front wheel spacers, as well?

Also, did you need to roll your rear fenders to make the GT3 wheels fit?

Thanks, Kurt

Old 06-17-2009, 08:42 AM
pogoteurfou is on a distinguished road
Hi ,
yes it will fit : i have oem C4S wheels on my C2S , no problem
As told , it's like having stock C2S wheels with 16mm spacers --> looks clean
Here is a pic from the back and side :
See ya all and have fun
@+
Nico

Attached Images   

Last edited by pogoteurfou; 06-17-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:12 AM
stardoc is on a distinguished road
I'm running 20x11 with 325-25 tires with no issues. I do agree that the car should be lowered as tires will stick out a bit.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:30 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't run more than ET50 on the rear of a narrow body (like having a 17mm spacer on the C2/S. I have an ET55 offset wheel with 5mm spacer and any further would look quite odd even lowered and possibly have issues with rubbing.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Kurt RSF
Bara,

Thanks for your informative post. BTW, your car looks terrific!

I can see that you did your homework regarding the wheel offsets. I didn't realize the GT3 utilized 5 mm rear spacers, but I see now that spec is buried in the GT3 brochure.

I'm curious what you did to lower your car: lowering springs, or coilovers? Would you mind sharing what setup you did?

Did you utilize front wheel spacers, as well?

Also, did you need to roll your rear fenders to make the GT3 wheels fit?

Thanks, Kurt
1. im lowered using the PSS damptronic coil overs set to GT3 height. my car has PASM so had to go with these as they plug into the computer and provide infinite adjustment on the fly via pasm software. do it right the first time, go coil overs. if you dont have pasm, do the V3 coil overs.

2. no spacers in the front and none is needed in front w/gt3 wheels. the GT3 wheel is 1/2" wider and uses a more aggressive offset than the C2 (53mm vs 57mm) for a total 10 mm past the C2 wheel. most c2/c4 guys that run spacers on the front use a 7mm so you can see the GT3 wheel by itself is 3mm farther out than the C2 wheel+7mm spacer.

3. GT3 wheels fit the NB at stock height. they also fit my C2S at GT3 height without any problems. im also running the gt3 issue pilot cup 305 thats quite a bit wider than the street pilot sport 305.

i have been told that the Gt3 comes with rolled rear lips. My C2S also has rolled lips in the rear at the top of the arc. no i did not roll them and it came this way. so im curious to see a gt3 up close to see what other rolling they have done. basically, my c2s is rolled at the rear at the right place. its rolled back out at the front and the rear of the wheel arc.

i think that all C2's come rolled and the gt3 might have the entire lip rolled front to back.

in any event, im not the first to try the gt3 wheels on a C2 and have never heard of any contact even on lowered cars and no problems with mine

Old 06-17-2009, 05:28 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Great thread.

Does anyone know if the GT3 wheels (997) will fit a Cayman S the same way they fit BARA's 997S???

Thanks.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Great thread.

Does anyone know if the GT3 wheels (997) will fit a Cayman S the same way they fit BARA's 997S???

Thanks.
the cayman really has room enough to run a 10.5" rear wheel. some run the carrera S 11" wheel with a spacer to bring it out so it doesnt hit the inner liner but thats a pretty aggressive offset, though doable.

the gt3 is a 12" wide in the rear and wont fit a cayman no matter how you offset it

Old 06-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Jetpilot is a jewel in the roughJetpilot is a jewel in the roughJetpilot is a jewel in the roughJetpilot is a jewel in the rough
I have wide body wheels on a narrow body. 51 offset carrera classic 5 spokes. I lowered mine with HR springs and it looks sick! Right Bara?

Attached Images  

Last edited by Jetpilot; 06-17-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Kurt RSF is on a distinguished road
Excellent, Bara. You've answered all my questions!

Old 06-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Jetpilot
I have wide body wheels on a narrow body. 51 offset carrera classic 5 spokes. I lowered mine with HR springs and it looks sick! Right Bara?
yes it does. and i have seen this car in person. sweet ride, but dont try it without lowering and jetpilot has his lowered just right.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will Wide body wheel fit on a narrow body?