997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

i am out.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:30 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Best of luck and congratulations with the family!!
When you get the time, we will be here waiting!

Old 09-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I couldn't have said it any better. Best of luck.
And should you return to ownership, you'll relish it even more.

Originally Posted by GTSilver997
Nothing to be sad at all. A 911 is nice, but having a family (if that's what you want) is much more rewarding. To me, life is full of compromises...but you chose the path that suits you now.

There will always be better 911's. It's only been evolving for the last 40 years, and I'm sure that the next one you get will be better than the last. Congrats on the next stage of your life!

Old 09-10-2009, 07:05 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Sorry to see you go...BUT on a better note...CONGRATULATIONS on your future family!

I too have received a bonified offer last week BUT can't seem to fully commit.Plus the guy is jacking around,so I may just tell him to hit the bricks!

The thing that killed me was I held the deposit and the car,so being this close to a sale HURT like h#ll!
I know your situation is different(planning a family) but any regrets with the sale?

Again congrats and good-luck,

Stacy

Old 09-10-2009, 07:31 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
After owning the 2008 P-911 C2S for two years, I finally sold the car as of last friday. It was a very hard decision for me to make but I did it as I am planning the next phase in my life <family>. This will allow me to save more before we have a baby sometimes in the next 12-16 months. From Carerra to Carriage - not the ideal situation, but i have been lucky enough to enjoy a Cayenne S and Carerra S in the last 5 years. The 911 is definately one of my favorite cars I have had and look forward to getting one in 2-3 years again. Until then, adios.

You have your priorities right. More power to you!

Old 09-10-2009, 07:34 PM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light
My 997 makes a great family car and will continue-probably until my kids are 10-12 yrs old. They love riding in it.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:52 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
My son is turning 2 in November. I'm returning my leased 06 Boxster S (lease is up in 2 months) and have leased an 09 Carrera because I wanted to be able to to take the 3 of us in my car and of course this isn't possible with a 2 seater.

I've always wanted a 911 but felt it was too much money but an opportunity came up (good deal on an 09) and I snagged it. Just picked it up July 30 and had a Britax car seat installed in the back.

My son absolutely LOVES riding in the back. He has the biggest smile on his face when I roll down the windows and give the car some throttle - he loves the sound of the exhaust !!!

Now we have a choice in what car to take. Before it was just my wife's A4 and the Boxster was for commuting.

With a 911 you can have your cake and eat it too. The most practical TRUE sports car on the planet. I love it.

You have your priorities straight as it is expensive to keep the 911 especially if you're not getting the enjoyment out of it if you're not driving it regularly. Best of luck as having a child is one of the most amazing experiences - enjoy ever minute of it.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:29 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
It is unfortunate that you will have to let go of your Porsche; however, I can see your point. Best wishes.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:10 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
i too sold my 997s two years ago when we decided to have a baby. it made sense since my wife refused to ride in the carrera and it was an extra car. i now have a 1 year old son who gives me more joy than any car can ever. life will go on and there will be no regrets. he now rides in a cayenne GTS and laughs loudly when i step on it!

Old 09-11-2009, 12:47 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
haha well a Cayenne GTS is the suitable replacement for a family.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:19 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I have two kids, one on the way, and frankly my car 'hobby' is taking a backseat more and more. Kids are just as expensive but you will find them tons more fun than the car. Besides, its just a temporary leave of car absence right?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:13 AM
reewrd is infamous around these parts
been there done that, as i am sure many on this board have. i remember having to sell a cobra when i found out our first child what on the way. i need the money to help buy a house.

when the guy who bought it showed up with the check, his 10yr old son was with him. i was like "damn, you lucky sob" - you're getting my car, plus you've got a kid who is totally into it. i remember thinking how many diaper changes and other stuff i had in front of me before i'd ever get to where he was at. that day sucked, badly.

i was without a car for a few years, but eventually got back into it. the only part better than enjoying it yourself, is sharing the experience with your kids. now i cruise around with my 10yr old son and 8yr old daughter, and my car hobby is better than ever.

Last edited by reewrd; 09-11-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:08 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by reewrd
88 5.0 notch - 1,200rwhp
Hmm, like, seriously, 1200 horses?

Old 09-11-2009, 01:27 PM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
strollers look great with sport classic wheels ;-)) Good luck and see you soon

Old 09-11-2009, 03:11 PM
reewrd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Hmm, like, seriously, 1200 horses?
yea, but that was a long time ago, and it really wasn't a street car - it was a race car with plates

today vipers and gt40s make that kind of power with a set of turbos. not to mention you can drive a big hp viper or gt40 on the street...my car didn't compare to what's out there today

Old 09-11-2009, 05:00 PM
155mph is infamous around these parts
I never had to make a decision between a car and a family. There was no way I could afford a 911 before I had kids. Fortunately, my kids are grown and I earn more today than my modest income when I had kids. So, nothing wrong with your approach. That said, I don't know how you go backwards from driving a car like this to driving a lesser car. Ouch!