997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Spare wheel set info - Pics inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 06:48 PM
photogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nice
It could be handy, but otoh it takes trunk space which is usually needed for longer trips, no?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:50 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
+1 on the group buy.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:19 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by motosport3
I was just thinking that, but then I noted the spare set was for a C4S. Are the PCCB brakes actually bigger than the reds?
The rotors are bigger in diameter. IIRC 18" is the smallest diameter wheel that fits over PCCB rotors.

These are 19"s

Last edited by lig; 09-30-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:24 AM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
My spare tire setup.

Here are the pics of my setup. I had it installed not long after I bought the car. The funny thing is that the only time I've gotten a flat tire was prior to getting the setup as I have never needed it afterwards.

But I keep it in there just in case... As you can see, I had to weld one screw to another, back to back, to clear the cover for the compressor, tool kit and goo canister. It has not incovenienced me the least. On the tan colored bag I have the plastic bag for the dirty, flat tire and a pair of nitrile gloves so my hands don't get dirty.

Attached Images   
Old 10-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
+1 for group buy of the C4 factory provided kit.

But as Suncoast pointed out... the key missing bit is the mounting point on the USA cars. So if there is a part for that, or clear instructions of what needs to be made and installed or pop-riveted to the car, I'd want that as well. I wish the 4 had the frunk space of the 2 as in the pic above.

For long trips.. the luggage goes on the back seats folded down. Easy peasy. One benefit of the Targa... the glass hatch means getting it out is easier too.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:21 PM
hardracing will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PT Doc
If you have 19's, what do you do then?
or if you have PCCB. Then what?

Plug kit works great to get you home.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cibergypsy
I was about to post the pics of my setup but my camera wasn't charged. As soon as I get it charged, I'll take some and post them here. I got the collapsible tire from the 996 C4S, the complete tool kit including the plastic bag to put the flat in it etc. on my trunk. I got it secured by riveting the securing screw from the 996 series cars to the area behind the cover for the goo canister and compressor and made a small hole on that cover to let the screw go through. I got somewhere the receipt with all the part numbers. All I needed was to do a little homework and bought everything from my local Porsche dealer at a 20% discount since I am a regular customer. It's not that difficult at all to source all the parts and have it done. By tomorrow, I'll have the info here for all who want it.
Do you have the Nav unit and the CD player in the trunk ? On my '07 C4S there's not a lot of room in there for much of anything.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:14 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hardracing
or if you have PCCB. Then what?

Plug kit works great to get you home.

My car is an S and does have 19s. As far as I know, the S carries the brake setup of the 996 TT. Therefore, there should be no problem with my setup as the tire I bought is for a 996 C4S/Turbo. I guess, if I am with company, they would have to call a taxi so that I can put the 19 on the front seat inside the plastic bag. Hopefully, if that happens, the puncture won't be too bad so as to render the sealant useless.

Now, as far as if one has PCCBs... well, you're on your own on that one!

By the way, the kit I have has the pegs one screws onto the holes on the hub to guide the removal and installation of the tires so as not to damage the rotors in case of it falling of your hands.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Sezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to behold
+1 on group buy.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Dadio
Do you have the Nav unit and the CD player in the trunk ? On my '07 C4S there's not a lot of room in there for much of anything.

I have the CD changer in the trunk. I don't have SatNav, though.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:58 PM
hardracing will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cibergypsy
I have the CD changer in the trunk. I don't have SatNav, though.
Sat/Nav and CD fit side by side, so should be same amount of room.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:31 PM
VMM
VMM is on a distinguished road
I would do the group buy as well!

Old 10-06-2009, 12:29 AM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
+1 Im in the group buy too... deff need a spare

Old 10-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
I have some parts on order, they should be here by the end of the week. I may have found the mount, still trying to verify that. If it is correct, I'm estimating a group buy around $750.. I will keep you posted, and let you know when I have them.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 10-06-2009, 11:19 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by suncoastric
I have some parts on order, they should be here by the end of the week. I may have found the mount, still trying to verify that. If it is correct, I'm estimating a group buy around $750.. I will keep you posted, and let you know when I have them.
$750 for a spare wheel is... Well, not my business, anyway.

I would investigate if any other brand fits, like one from Volvo sure looks very similar to this Porsche one. All you need is same bolt pattern and core internal dimensions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spare wheel set info - Pics inside