997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New PDK S or 4S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 03:36 PM
MTRX is on a distinguished road
New PDK S or 4S?

I think this question has probably been covered on this forum before but I can't find any related info.

Last weekend I was test driving S and 4S to see which one feel better. Here is what I noticed:

I LOVE BOTH CARS! However, when driving 4S i noticed that it was obviously doing much better on turns and in general had a better grip, however S wasn't bad ether but I definitely like the handling of 4S, but there is one thing that is bothering me is a ride quality, for some reason 4S felt more bumpy than S. 4S that I test drove had bucket seats and sales person is claiming that this is a reason why I'm feeling that 4S is more bumpy however I wanted to see what people say on this board because it doesn't sound right to me.

I do want to get 4S, however if S has a nicer ride then I wold go for S. This will be my daily driver and my wife will be driving it from time to time. Plus eventually I may even be putting a car seat on the back (that why I'm worried about 4S being rougher).

Old 10-07-2009, 03:45 PM
toddbee is an unknown quantity at this point
did the 4s have the sports pasm option? the launch cars with the sport back seats usually have the sport pasm.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:45 PM
echere88 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MTRX
for some reason 4S felt more bumpy than S
Before I went to test drive both S and 4S, my mind also set on the 4S. But when I test drive both back to back, I have exact same feeling you have. Also I felt 4S is a bit heavier than S. So, I purchase the S.

But again, This is just my personal opinion.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:01 PM
997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice
Go with what you like better especially at these prices. Current C4S's are actually close to older deals on C2S's I test drove both and did not notice an appreciable difference, but 4S was a manual and S was PDK. I have heard sport buckets are hard though. I think to compare apples to apples seats need to be the same. Also tire pressure can make a difference. I personally did not need AWD, but rather liked the wide body look as plenty of others I am sure.

I think the C2S handles great and never feel like the car is missing the front wheel grip. Difference would definitely be noticed in the wet, snow or on the track though.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by toddbee
did the 4s have the sports pasm option? the launch cars with the sport back seats usually have the sport pasm.
They both had sports PASM option and sports chrono plus.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:19 PM
I also do like wide body and this is the main reason i want 4S. But of course the AWD as I do drive a lot on the canyons but not so much on wet roads as it rains once a year in LA

Old 10-07-2009, 07:09 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I'll start by stating that I LOVE MY C2S. There's never a moment that I don't have a sly grin on my face while driving it.

But, sometimes I do wish I had gone for the C4S. Not only for the widebody rear setup, but I also do get the sensation that the front end feels a little light, especially when I hit 75+. As much fun as that might be when you're slinging it around a track, it's a little unsettling when you're on a highway bridge with a sweeping turn doing that 75+. What's great is that PASM Sport mode does improve the feel at those speeds.

Of course, my driving skills are amateur at best. I'm hoping to improve on that sometime soon, but it does play into my confidence when pushing my car around a bend.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:07 PM
EAMGC4S is on a distinguished road
C4S vs C2S....

I drove a C2S and had the complete opposite experience. It may have been the seats in the C2S. It was significantly more rough than the C4S that had full leather seats. I love my car. The wide look is great and it corners like a beast wet or dry. Someone else mentioned tires. I found that 34f and 40r on the PS2's gives me the best ride. Either way it should be a great exprience. Good luck......

Old 10-08-2009, 11:06 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Go for the 4S because it has a WIDER HIP.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:26 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
I test drove both back to back...and both my wife and I found the C4S more "planted" to use her term...we have 9,000 miles on it already and we love it! Great daily driver.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Good to know that C4S does not have a rougher ride than C2S because this is what I'm shooting for early next year.
It is amazing how slighly used C4S (under 3k miles) goes for 30K bellow MSRP... it almost makes no sense to buy a new one.. unless of course this 30k is no biggie for your pocket.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
KenMarks is on a distinguished road
I have a 4S and recently drove the S at Porsche Performance Driving School. I am accustomed to all wheel drive (coming from a Volvo S60R) and like it. But to tell you the truth, I also felt very comfortable driving the S at PDS despite the S not having sports PASM. Having said all that I do feel that in every day driving the 4S feels slightly more "planted".