997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

A Fremont California Porsche Dealer Anger Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 08:46 AM
brewster16 will become famous soon enough
Yes, car salesmen can be hit or miss. I think it probably has more to do with the individual than the dealership.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:15 AM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
One advantage of living where you do is that you have choices. Multiple Porsche dealers and uncountable independent shops all within a 15 mile radius.
The best thing is to try several and then find the one who works best with you. If the car has a CPO warranty then any dealer should be able to take care of it for you.

As for Fletcher Jones, I bought my first Porsche from them back in 99 on an impulse. Since then they have missed out on my last three (Boxster, Cayman S and my current 911S) purchases because their sales reps were so rude. I figure that my giving $220,000 worth of my business to someone else is the best way to show my displeasure.

Who knows, maybe they have staff that reads these boards and can learn something.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:20 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
I gave up a while ago about sales people and their knowledge on the products they sell, at any dealer. I do expect them to be polite, friendly and nice, and If they can give me a fair deal. Some of the sales pitch they have is unbelievable, some of the “facts” they have can be shocking too. But I try to find humor in that. It is a shame how bad some of the sales people are, but I think you can find one that is good in any of the dealer. That said, I do understand that experience can be painful.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:06 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Fremont! Home of Shawon Dunston. Anyway, yeah, I can relate to being "bent over" on trade-ins. When I traded in my 2008 Boxster S I looked all over, and got up to $6k variation from dealers in IL, IN, and OH. So beware!

Based on this I'm not getting rid of my 911 until either it dies or I can make some $$ on it. Not getting "bent over" again anytime in the near future.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:16 PM
leed012 is on a distinguished road
I, too, have had similar bad experiences with Porsche Dealerships. The latest being Porsche of N. Olmsted. It was an out of state purchase and everything seemed like it was going smoothly until I received the car.... They hid a defective natural grey leather dash which had not just one, not two but three major defects in the dash which they just so happen to have forgotten to mention. They shipped my car to me with a defective dash and then took an additional 4 months to send me a license that I could have done in a days work. A word the wise to Sales Managers, GM's and Owners is to remember we are your bread and butter. Treat us fairly and we will market your dealership and recommend your dealerships to other porschephiles. Take us for granted and we come to the boards and internet and tell the truth which does more damage than good. Think about it!

Last edited by leed012; 01-16-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:56 PM
vexed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by leed012
I, too, have had similar bad experiences with Porsche Dealerships. The latest being Porsche of N. Olmsted. It was an out of state purchase and everything seemed like it was going smoothly until I received the car.... They hid a defective natural grey leather dash which had not just one, not two but three major defects in the dash which they just so happen to have forgotten to mention. They shipped my car to me with a defective dash and then took an additional 4 months to send me a license that I could have done in a days work. A word the wise to Sales Managers, GM's and Owners is to remember we are your bread and butter. Treat us fairly and we will market your dealership and recommend your dealerships to other porschephiles. Take us for granted and we come to the boards and internet and tell the truth which does more damage than good. Think about it!
I thought you were going to share about the local FJ store.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:17 PM
leed012 is on a distinguished road
haha careful R, the service department just did a fantastic job installing my new dash. Kudo's to the mechanics, parts and service guys and of course, the young service advisor.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:53 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I bought a Mercedes AMG from them and sold my GT3 to Greg Nickle. They were good on that deal. However I wanted to sell my AGM back to them 1.5 years later and buy a 997 from them and they were very disinterested. Deal never happened. They came with really good references (Fletcher Jones) from some of my best Porsche buddies.
I can see where Michael would have had an issue. I dont know if it matters but before the credit crash they were very good, after the credit crash disinterested.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:59 PM
phoebe is on a distinguished road
About 15 years ago when I was in college I had my car stolen during finals week of the spring semester. When the police located it in July and called me I was home on the other side of the country so I made arrangements to have it towed to a Fletcher Jones dealership to be checked to see what repairs would be necessary. I had been in several times for repairs over a two year period and the service manager was always polite and remembered me whenever I came in. I explained I wouldn't be back in the area for about a month and asked that he check the car and give me a call and fax me an estimate.

When I got the call he said the wheels were all damaged, tires slashed, there were numerous mechanical problems and the interior was gutted, estimated repairs about 8k, which I approved. When I returned back to school a week early and popped in to check on my car's status, not only had they not even started on it, the only thing wrong with it was the radio was missing and it needed a wash. The radio even looked like it had been professionally removed, no damage to the center console at all. It goes far beyond a lack of product knowledge or rudeness with Fletcher Jones, they are crooks I wouldn't trust to service even the smallest repair.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:15 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Service

Their service department is making an attempt at trying to make amends at least on my battery issue. I look forward to their coming to get the car and bringing it back to me in great working order. This will certainly be a good start at calming me down.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:24 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by simsgw
If you're going to be offended, you should read what was written first. It's more fun that way. What I said is that it was laughable to suggest adias is an employee of a car dealer. Publishing his credentials is certainly not my place, but adias is not that, and it would be obvious if you read anything else he posts.

You know... if you considered that my friendly post an attack, it becomes more likely that the problem was yours that day, not the dealer's.

Gary, who isn't a car dealer either
nor did he ever work for one
Go take a flying leap geez. You seem to feel the need to get on me, so even if I get kicked off this thing, I'm getting on you!

Last edited by michaeldantep; 01-17-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:26 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Unfortunately many Porsche dealers are near the top of the 'snob-o-meter' scale. However, not all of them. My salesman not only knew everything about the car but also races them. I just got lucky.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Update: The service department came through the second time. They actually came and picked up my car and delivered it back the following afternoon. They changed the cable running from the battery to the alternator citing too much voltage drop. Also, I called the finance guy that I thought was incompetent with a basic question (aside from the GM, his was the only phone number I had) and he no longer works with Fletcher Jones.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:44 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
Update: The service department came through the second time. They actually came and picked up my car and delivered it back the following afternoon. They changed the cable running from the battery to the alternator citing too much voltage drop. Also, I called the finance guy that I thought was incompetent with a basic question (aside from the GM, his was the only phone number I had) and he no longer works with Fletcher Jones.

I told you so. Gunter is a class act.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:29 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
Their service department is making an attempt at trying to make amends at least on my battery issue. I look forward to their coming to get the car and bringing it back to me in great working order. This will certainly be a good start at calming me down.
I just wonder - is it a singe available dealership in your area? If so it is sad, but if it not - why to bother? I found great place here in MA - just got water pump replaced there no questions asked, service manager Sean McGuire is a great person, and overall experience was very positive every time I was there.
It`s Prime Porsche in Westwood, to be specific.

My point is - I had bad experience with 2 other dealers in my area and then came to this place. Try to find alternative ways if it didn`t work out in first place, why to torture yourself?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Fremont California Porsche Dealer Anger Thread