Illuminated Door Sills - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
Sponsored by: HRE Wheels

Illuminated Door Sills

Old 01-16-2010, 10:08 AM

brewster16 will become famous soon enough
Illuminated Door Sills

Wow, what a cool little feature.....I just had these illuminated door sills installed. I know it's not something alot of trackers care about, but it's really a nice feature when you open your doors. Classy.

Last edited by brewster16; 01-16-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-16-2010, 10:23 AM

dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
did you need to replace or add anything else other than the door sills themselves. I want to replace my bland ones on the turbo, as I miss the illuminated ones I had on the S
Old 01-16-2010, 10:38 AM

Epik151 has a spectacular aura aboutEpik151 has a spectacular aura about
Nice, it's like riding in a Hyundai :P

Last edited by Epik151; 01-16-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:01 PM

chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
hey Brewster - what did you pay for this ? And were they carbon or stainless ? Or other?
Old 01-16-2010, 04:37 PM

Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
you just need the door sills and splice then into the door lighting.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:43 AM

brewster16 will become famous soon enough
Hey Epik....we like your Hyundai but this board is for Porsche owners. Anyway, mine are stainless "Carrera 4S". The total job (parts and install) is about $1000.00 for the pair of them. It's a big job as the wiring has to be run by the dealer. It's not a splice in job and the rocker panel is not pre-wired for it.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:48 AM

Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
Sure it is, you can get the door sills for just under $600. Take the side door panels off, pull the door wiring harness out, insert the door sill wire and feed it back iinto the door and attach the door panel. Pain in the a$$ for sure. if you' ve done it before maybe 1 hour per door. If not you are looking at 3-5 hours. I have it on two cars, done it myself only on one of mine.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:10 PM

keninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond repute
I never thought they would be very important until my last car that had them. It was amazing how many times I got a little lift when I opened my door at night and saw that welcoming "Targa 4S" illuminated in my SS sills. I don't have to have it on my next car, but it would sure be nice to have again.
From what I've read in these forums. it is apparently a PITA to remove the old ones and do the wiring. Sure would be nice if the pre-wiring could have been provided so we could more easily implement an accessory that is available on a Hyundai (likely for a fraction of the cost).
Old 11-11-2010, 04:20 PM

XLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone know the part# for the carbon illuminated sills?
Old 11-11-2010, 04:25 PM

keninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond reputekeninirvine has a reputation beyond repute
Call Sunset Porsche or Suncoast.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:27 PM

michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Sills

These are my first and I'm really happy to have them! Sorry, I only have dealer pic handy.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldantep View Post
These are my first and I'm really happy to have them! Sorry, I only have dealer pic handy.
Yours are stainless sills, which I like also, as opposed to the carbon fiber sills.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:32 PM

stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Seems like the Stainless Steel would be easy to scuff up if my oven and fridge are indicators? Are these treated with something like coating to protect them?

The look nice - even on a Hyundai.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:40 PM

C4SxM5 has a reputation beyond reputeC4SxM5 has a reputation beyond reputeC4SxM5 has a reputation beyond reputeC4SxM5 has a reputation beyond reputeC4SxM5 has a reputation beyond reputeC4SxM5 has a reputation beyond reputeC4SxM5 has a reputation beyond reputeC4SxM5 has a reputation beyond reputeC4SxM5 has a reputation beyond reputeC4SxM5 has a reputation beyond reputeC4SxM5 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwabe View Post
Sure it is, you can get the door sills for just under $600. Take the side door panels off, pull the door wiring harness out, insert the door sill wire and feed it back iinto the door and attach the door panel. Pain in the a$$ for sure. if you' ve done it before maybe 1 hour per door. If not you are looking at 3-5 hours. I have it on two cars, done it myself only on one of mine.
You are also forgetting the resistors that need to be installed. Logically it seems easy but done the right way its not that straightforward...

I have the instructions if anyone needs it but I gave up on this mod when it required removing the door panels and slicing into harnesses. My dealer also quoted about $400-500 for install alone.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:41 PM

michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepow View Post
Seems like the Stainless Steel would be easy to scuff up if my oven and fridge are indicators? Are these treated with something like coating to protect them?

The look nice - even on a Hyundai.
I haven't scuffed them yet, but I was going to get clear bra put on them and forgot when they did my car. I usually scuff the plastic piece that is after the sill going into the car.