997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

how to reset "Service due now" warning message?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 01:43 PM
colonel is on a distinguished road
how to reset "Service due now" warning message?

Hi all,
Is there a way to reset the "Service due now" warning message?
Thanks.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
It requires a OBD2 compatible device, such as PIWIS or Durametric software. There is no switch or bypass to turn it off.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:45 PM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
My dealer was happy to have me stop by and kill the message (no charge) until I was ready to come in and do the annual service.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:53 PM
drkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to all
how about, get your service done?

Old 01-21-2010, 05:01 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drkside
how about, get your service done?
Thanx for your advice. I don't know about colonel, but in my case, and according to my dealer, the car I purchased sat on the lot for 2 - 3 months before I came along. The service clock starts ticking from when the car is activated at the dealership; according to my dealer, it would be preferable to wait until the full year of actual service has happened rather than short cycle the year because of the time sitting on the lot.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:04 AM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
My service now light is also on (7,500 miles, 7 months) and I was told the exact same thing, that the car was on the lot for several months and the that light had come on much earlier than the service was needed.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:55 AM
colonel is on a distinguished road
I do my own oil change. Just wondering if I can reset the service message myself.

Last edited by colonel; 01-21-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:55 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by colonel
I do my own oil change. Just wondering if I can reset the service message myself.
as previously stated you need the PIWIS or durametric, I do my own services as well but this is the only way, once the dealer tried to charge me $90 to reset the light

Old 01-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
My dealer in Bellevue, WA indicated they would charge about $70 to reset the service indicator. If figured the Durametric software would be paid for easily enough with the cost savings of my doing my own oil changes.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:05 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Get Durametric. It will come in handy on more than one occasion.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:25 PM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
How much is a basic Durametric software (one that can reset the service reminder)? Thanks.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:31 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TooSixy
How much is a basic Durametric software (one that can reset the service reminder)? Thanks.
http://www.durametric.com/buyus.aspx

Direct from Durametric, $287

Old 01-21-2010, 02:54 PM
VTach is on a distinguished road
If you have a Softronic cable you may have it upgraded to work with Durametric software for about $240. They failed to honor the price I was originally quoted!

Last edited by VTach; 01-23-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: price change
Old 11-06-2016, 12:42 PM
douirc is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm curious if anything's changed since 2010. Amazon has a OBD2 WiFi dongle and I was hoping to use with DashCommand for iPhone on my 997.1 to clear the code for oil change reminder since I do it myself.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:42 AM
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
my service light has been on for months. I just ignore it. it only stays on a second. I do all my own service...more frequently than required.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how to reset "Service due now" warning message?