997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Wash and wax on C2S...some thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 PM
muerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to all
Wash and wax on C2S...some thoughts

I got out and did a pretty thorough cleaning on my C2S and put a coat of wax on it. It is a 2005, Arctic/black with the lobster claws. A few observations:

1) You hear lots of talk about silver being boring...but man is silver easy to maintain. Looks great clean or with a coat of dust. Small imperfections in the paint are almost impossible to see even in late afternoon direct sunlight. You can't spot small dings or chips without getting up close.

2) The lobster claws also get a bad rap, but I have to tell you...they are soooo easy to clean. Great access to the inner rim surface and calipers, only 5 spokes to clean. When I first bought, I was a little skeptical about the looks. At this point, I am coming around to them. I am starting to get really tired of seeing 996 and newer with turbo twist wheels...

3) Black interior is also great to work with. Doesn't stain, looks great and gives the car a more aggresive look. The full leather (or at least what they call "full" leather) is a real plus. It really adds some interest to the interior. I would not buy another without this option in the future.

4) Moe from the detailing page recommended a synthetic wax called Einsetts Glanz (not sure on the spelling here...). It is a joy to work with. Easy on, easy off. Gives a nice deep shine and lasts 2-4X what I am used to for carnuba. I recommend giving it a try.

That's about all for now...will try to get some pictures up soon...

Old 02-23-2010, 11:24 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Agree all the way around (other than 4 - no idea there). And the Lobster Forks (why people call them claws???) are a classic look.

Although proper form, if celebrating a detailing, is to post a pic.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:13 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by muerdeme
I got out and did a pretty thorough cleaning on my C2S and put a coat of wax on it. It is a 2005, Arctic/black with the lobster claws. A few observations:

1) You hear lots of talk about silver being boring...but man is silver easy to maintain. Looks great clean or with a coat of dust. Small imperfections in the paint are almost impossible to see even in late afternoon direct sunlight. You can't spot small dings or chips without getting up close.

2) The lobster claws also get a bad rap, but I have to tell you...they are soooo easy to clean. Great access to the inner rim surface and calipers, only 5 spokes to clean. When I first bought, I was a little skeptical about the looks. At this point, I am coming around to them. I am starting to get really tired of seeing 996 and newer with turbo twist wheels...

3) Black interior is also great to work with. Doesn't stain, looks great and gives the car a more aggresive look. The full leather (or at least what they call "full" leather) is a real plus. It really adds some interest to the interior. I would not buy another without this option in the future.

4) Moe from the detailing page recommended a synthetic wax called Einsetts Glanz (not sure on the spelling here...). It is a joy to work with. Easy on, easy off. Gives a nice deep shine and lasts 2-4X what I am used to for carnuba. I recommend giving it a try.

That's about all for now...will try to get some pictures up soon...
There is a really good site about detailing if you have time to read it. Autopia.com
However, with regards to the wax, I love Klasse. However, some guys who do show cars believe in using a synthetic wax like Klasse and also apply a coat of Carnauba as well. If you live where it's very hot (CA or FL), Carnauba can literally melt off whereas a synthetic wax will last a bit longer.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 02-25-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:31 AM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light
Have you guys tried using any of the wipe on walk away stuff?

I put Paint Guard Plus on-it's so easy and effective you can't go wrong. I apply after every other wash wash (once a week-black car) and the paint stays looking awesome. I can do the entire car in about 3 minutes.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:05 AM
Atxjaz is on a distinguished road
Hey MLindgren, how long have you been using Paint Guard Plus? I just looked it up and it seems like something I may wanna try. Also, where exactly is Mobotsuland? (sorry for the thread jack)

+1 on seeing some pics!

Old 02-24-2010, 10:29 AM
sullivas is on a distinguished road
I talked to a rep at Autopia about getting max shine and depth on a lighter colored car and was told to first clay the car (pita) then apply Klasse AIO, then a coat of Klasse sealant then a coat of P21S Carnauba. Good this these are not large cars.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:37 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MLindgren
Have you guys tried using any of the wipe on walk away stuff?

I put Paint Guard Plus on-it's so easy and effective you can't go wrong. I apply after every other wash wash (once a week-black car) and the paint stays looking awesome. I can do the entire car in about 3 minutes.
I use Sonus detailing spray after every wash and between waxes. I never used this brand you mention, but Sonus works really well and it's spray, wipe and walk away. It brings the wax shine back up to where it was when you first waxed it.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Flying Cat will become famous soon enoughFlying Cat will become famous soon enough
I too use Klasse All-in-One with a coat of PS21 carauba wax at the end. Very easy to apply, and gives amazing shine and wet look. With Klasse water beads much longer than with other products I used in the past.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:41 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
I have been using Zaino products for several years with great results. I have tried other "synthetic" waxes and polishes that claim to hold up but none can equal the shine and durability of Zaino.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Flying Cat will become famous soon enoughFlying Cat will become famous soon enough
I have read good reviews about Zaino. However, doesn't it require multiple steps?

Old 02-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
Zaino is ok, lot of steps to make it pop. I use Zymol Glasur & Concours waxes. Glasur wax is specifically for Porsche's paint.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:45 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Big fan here of their CR Spotless DIC20........... amazing results in keeping the car clean.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:05 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
do these synthetic waxes require a cleaning step 1st or is there cleaner already in the wax?

Old 02-24-2010, 04:15 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Flying Cat
I have read good reviews about Zaino. However, doesn't it require multiple steps?
Two steps initially. You apply the "Polish Lok" and allow it to haze. You do not wipe this product off. Then you apply the polish in a very thin coat. Too much will streak or require an extended wait to remove. Allow the polish to dry completely. The polish will build coats so you can apply as many as your arms can take. You should wait a day between coats unless you add their accelerator product to the polish which speeds the cure time. They have a large selection of products for just about any detail issue you have. Check out their web site.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:45 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
i've been using swissvax carnuba and the Einsett stuff for the interior. I am currently using the swissvax leather cleaner and conditioner. It's the best stuff I've used. I like the depth, clairty and color with the carnuba. i used zaino on my seal gray Boxster s and it was excellent, but on a darker color, carnuba is the bomb!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wash and wax on C2S...some thoughts