997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I found my 997. What do I do next?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 01:32 PM
searayray is on a distinguished road
I found my 997. What do I do next?

So I found the black/black 2009 911 S with the options I want. NAV, Bose, PDK, Chrono. etc. 84,950.

Here's a list of the options. I'm looking to do a cash deal and have the car delivered but of course I wanna get the best deal possible.

What do you guys think of the price? I am going to ask for the DME before I make an offer.

What else should I ask for? First time making a purchase of this amount.

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S Coupe

Porsche Approved Certified Preowned Vehicle

VIN ***********720832 Stock ID 70631A Mileage 8,677 mi Transmission 7-Speed PDK Exterior Black Interior Black Standard Leather Engine 6 cyl.
3.8 liters
- 385 hp, 310 lb ft torque - 3.8 liter horizontally opposed 6 cylinder, aluminum alloy engine block & cylinder heads, rear mounted engine.
- Direct fuel injection.
- Integrated dry sump lubrication system with oil cooler.
- 4 overhead camshafts, 4 valves per cylinder, "VarioCam Plus" continuously variable inlet valve timing and lift.
- 2 stage resonance induction intake manifold.
- Cylinder specific knock control.
- High Performance exhaust manifolds.
- Stainless steel exhaust system with 2 dual brushed steel tail pipes.
Power 385 hp (283 kW) at rpm
310 lb-ft (420 Nm) at rpm Drivetrain Rear-wheel drive Brakes 13" vented and perforated rotors w/ 4 piston monobloc enclosed calipers – front & rear.
- ABS 8.0 – Anti Lock Braking System, brake pad wear indicators, hand operated parking brake. Equipment
Features Chassis and Suspension

- 8”x19” pressure cast Carrera S II wheels, 235/35ZR19 summer high performance tires - Front.
- 11”x19” pressure cast Carrera S II wheels, 295/30ZR19 summer high performance tires - Rear.
- Includes anti-theft device.
- TPMS – Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
- Puncture sealing compound and electric compressor.
- Power assisted steering with variable ratio.
- McPherson strut suspension with stabilizer bar – front.
- Multilink LSA (Light, Stable, Agile) suspension with stabilizer bar – rear.
- PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) including 10mm lowering.
- Enhanced PSM (Porsche Stability Management) with ABS (Anti lock Braking System), ASR (Anti Slip Regulation), ABD (Automatic Brake Differential) and EDTC (Engine Drag Torque Control).

Body

- Two plus two Coupe, body shell hot dip galvanized on both sides.
- Luggage compartment lid in aluminum.
- Electric sliding roof with tip open/close.
- Front air dam with air intakes in black.
- Preparation for roof-rack system installation.
- Side windows with water repellant coating.
- Heatable rear window. Automatically extendable rear spoiler.
- Rear logotype in Silver color.
- Full underbody paneling.
- 16.9 gallon fuel tank.

Lighting System

- Bi-Xenon headlights with dynamic leveling, headlight washer system and welcome home function.
- LED daytime driving lights.
- LED tail and brake lights.
- Uniform lighting concept in white for entire interior, continuously variable.
- Foot well lighting.

Electrical Equipment

- PCM (Porsche Communication Management) with 6.5’” color display and full touchscreen controls.
- AM/FM radio with MP3 playing CD/DVD drive for audio playback.
- Sound Package Plus with 9 loudspeakers and 235 watt total power.
- On board computer w/ digital continuous indication of total mileage, trip mileage, time, outside temp and speed.
- 5 dial type gauges indicating RPM’s, speed, oil pressure, oil temperature, coolant temp and fuel level, w/ aluminum dials.
- Electronic oil level measurement with map compensation.
- Power windows with tip up/tip down and anti-jamming.
- Two speed wiper system with rain sensor, wiper delay control, heated washer nozzles.
- Remote central locking w/ luggage compartment release.
- Anti theft system including passenger compartment monitoring.
- Homelink door opener, cruise control.

Passive Safety Equipment

- Fully galvanized high strength steel body w/ front & rear deformation zones.
- 3 point seat belts w/ pre-tensioners and force limiters.
- Seat belt height adjustment.
- 2 stage driver/passenger airbags.
- Porsche Side Impact Protection System (POSIP) consisting of side impact protection elements in each door, thorax side airbags integrated in seat backrests, head airbags located in door trim.
- Preparation for child seat anchorage (ISOFIX) on passenger side w/ switch for airbag deactivation.

Interior Equipment

- Driver and passenger seat with electrical backrest adjustment and manual horizontal and height adjustment.
- Split folding rear seats.
- 3 spoke smooth leather sport steering wheel w/ manual reach and height adjustment.
- Front seat inlay, front seat lateral supports, and
headrests covered in grained leather.
- Steering wheel rim, gear selector, hand brake grip, door handle, armrests in the door panels, center console storage pocket trimmed in smooth leather.
- Decorative stitching in light contrast color.
- Interior trim in soft-paint in interior color.
- Roof liner in Alcantara.
- Automatic climate control with integrated carbon filter.
- Two cup holders in front.
- Door storage bins.
- Door entry guards with “Carrera S” logotype.
- Illuminated vanity mirror, driver and passenger.
- Air vents, dashboard trim, trim strip gear lever in aluminum look paint finish, various components in Volcano Gray.
Additional
Equipment 844 - Multi-fnctn Strng Whl-Lthr-PDK
P17 - PASM Sports Suspension Package
P15 - Pwr Comfort Seats w/Driver Mem
870 - Universal Audio Interface
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color
680 - Bose High End Sound Package
640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
CUV - Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo
603 - Dynamic Cornering Lights
446 - Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
267 - Self Dimming Mirrors
250 - Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
XSC - Porsche Crest in Headrest
619 - Bluetooth Phone Interface
Price $84,985.00 USD

Attached Images      
Old 03-06-2010, 02:19 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Very nice car. Find out what the original MSRP was for the car and start @ 65-70% of that.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:45 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Nice car, nice options - no "full" leather and no XM though and cannot be easily added - may not matter to you. No heated seats and no vented seats - both would be nice in DC (heck, they are nice in GA).

I think a few people got new cars for close to that price at the end of the year, so it might just be an OK deal or a touch high.

Rule of thumb to consider: "New vehicles lose an average of 20% of their value the instant they are driven away from the dealership. When coupled to the average yearly depreciation of 7% to 12%, your first year's loss is anywhere from 25% to 35%."

That may be too pessimistic for a 911, but still...

Say it lost 20%, that puts it at $106k new - sounds about right for MSRP. Though, I doubt anyone paid near MSRP for an '09 and may not for '10s either.

Similar CPO'd car in ATL for 79K (although more adventurous color) with a few more miles and no Sport PASM: http://hennessy.porschedealer.com/20...46734/info.php

Old 03-06-2010, 02:55 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
No Nav or did I miss it? (I wouldn't want it.)

May 2008, new 2009 911S Msrp $86,200.
options that count about $10,000.
less 5% (?) disc ($4,700)

So, $91k would have bought it

July 2009, now still new but a year old, knock off another 7% ($6700), so maybe $84k would have bought it.

March 2010, now used and going to be 2 model years old in 3 months. I'd say about 10% further depreciation ($8,400) and another ($4,300) for the mileage.

You aren't going to buy it for that, but you asked.

Last edited by tejoe; 03-06-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:24 PM
More info...

Thanks for all your input guys...I love this board. The dealer chick wrote me back. original sticker was 99,895. Thanks for pointing out that the car comes without NAV

I wonder what a NAV installation would cost. anyone done it?

I think I will make a cash offer for 75k and ask them to flatbed it to my house. First time spending this kinda coin...Am I gonna be spending 5k on sales tax too? I guess there's no way around this if I"m working with the dealer, huh?

Here's what she wrote:

Below you will find a copy of the Original Window Sticker along with the Vehicle ID number for your auto insurance company. Please call me when you have a free moment to discuss the price.

I look forward to welcoming you into our Porsche family.

VIN
WP0AB29999S720832

Original Retail Price $99,895

Option Class
Option
Option Class Description
Option Price

BSEMDL
BASE
Porsche Base Model
TOPCLR
A1
Black Top
INTERI
AN
Black Standard Leather
OPTION
CUV
Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo
OPTION
XSC
Porsche Crest in Headrest
OPTION
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
OPTION
Self Dimming Mirrors
OPTION
Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
OPTION
Dynamic Cornering Lights
OPTION
Bluetooth Phone Interface
OPTION
Sport Chrono Package Plus
OPTION
BOSE Surround Sound-System
OPTION
Floor Mats in Interior Color
OPTION
Universal Audio Interface
OPTION
P15
Pwr Comfort Seats w/Driver Mem
OPTION
P17
PASM Sports Suspension Package
BDYCLR
A1
Black
OPTION
Multifunctn Steerng Wheel-Lthr

Old 03-06-2010, 04:44 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Don't have time right now to research it but the listed price seems very, very, high. I'm thinking this CPO car should be $72-74k, 75k tops.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Frank A. is on a distinguished road
Don't have them open flatbed it. Have them send it in an enclosed transport. Good luck!

Regards,
Frank A.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:45 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
I cant believe that this car doesnt come with Navi, thats is just crazy to me, and it is the S model as well.....hmmmm.....

Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 PM
nav?

does seem strange that there's no nav listed. Can you guys tell from this picture of the PCM...probably not.

Ah well. I've been looking for a while now and I may have to go without GPS or add it later, if possible. I got heated seats in the Cayenne so I'll justify the loss that way. heh.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:38 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
NAV would be on the options list if present - I don't think that one I linked to had NAV either - some people don't want it.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:43 PM
ChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud ofChrisC-AZ has much to be proud of
if resale is a factor for you, I'd be concerned that no NAV would make it hard to sell in future years...

Old 03-06-2010, 07:10 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
I cant believe that this car doesnt come with Navi, thats is just crazy to me, and it is the S model as well.....hmmmm.....
Don't know what the S model has to do with it? My speced out 09 (which I never bought) didn't have it either; at least up to 08 it had a midling reputation at best. The few times I need directions to some place I take my Garmin - much cheaper, easier to use, and much more reliable - and I don't get the least bit concerned if someone thinks I'm a dork for having it hanging on my windshield.

On late model used it does add about a grand to the resale price, so I have to admit that most people think I'm fos.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:14 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
No need to DME a PDK car . It can not over rev .
Is this a Miami car ? I saw a listing locally .
If it is .. they ONLY keep pristine cars as there are many independent lots.
Without CPO I woild say 74K but with it 77K (closing price)
The used car manager is very firm on price. I walked on a car and ended up buying a new car two weeks later .

Old 03-07-2010, 12:17 PM
gordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Frank A.
Don't have them open flatbed it. Have them send it in an enclosed transport. Good luck!

Regards,
Frank A.

I second this comment, closed container transport only.
GLWS!

Old 03-07-2010, 04:14 PM
RUFLUV is on a distinguished road
Trust what yrralis says, his observations are right on. If you are going to pay $84k+ for a used 09 you sure better get a CPO, the colors and all the options. At that price you can get a nice 07 TT.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I found my 997. What do I do next?