997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

TODAY IS A GREAT DAY!!!! The VF Supercharger transformation begins……

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:24 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
What was the GTech reading before the install of the SL Vortech Charger?

Old 04-03-2010, 08:42 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
We did have one 308 netRWHP run....
When crunching the numbers on the few pulls we did(while driving and in my head) I made a mistake and posted and average 301 netRWHP,when in reality we were closer to the average of a few........281 netRWHP ...so I edited that original page.

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 04-03-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:29 AM
CanuckC4S has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckC4S has a spectacular aura about
Another sleepless night........

Today is the big day! I'm heading over this afternoon to Stacy's to pick up my car. The anticipation is killing me. I have a reasonable idea of what to expect with Stacy's reports and the taunting from him about his satisfaction with the gains and not wanting to give my car back. I can’t wait……..

Old 04-15-2010, 11:08 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Congratulations Vinnie. I'm sure you'll be as impressed with your car's performance as I was with Stacy's car. Now you'll need some good radar and laser protection.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:27 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CanuckC4S
Today is the big day! I'm heading over this afternoon to Stacy's to pick up my car. The anticipation is killing me. I have a reasonable idea of what to expect with Stacy's reports and the taunting from him about his satisfaction with the gains and not wanting to give my car back. I can’t wait……..
LOL...never seen a guy who is so slow to pick his car up....makes me wonder WHY he needs all this power,LOL!
I BUST my BUTT off to get this done,only to have the car sit here for two weeks......I should of gone out and put a couple of black marks on the pavement for when he shows up...!
Looking forward to returning the car to it's owner!

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Congratulations Vinnie. I'm sure you'll be as impressed with your car's performance as I was with Stacy's car. Now you'll need some good radar and laser protection.

Ken if Vinnie is smart he will heed your advice!

Stacy

Old 04-15-2010, 07:46 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Welcome to the FI club Vinnie. You're very lucky to have Stacy close by and unable to resist wrenching on your car. And in my limited driving experience with the TPC turbo, I absolutely agree with Ken's advice on the radar/laser protection!

Old 04-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Well guys bad news for Vinnie last night! I had to send him home without his car!
We went out did some pulls(I have 8 pulls)...we averages around 385 netRWHP with the Gtech,which is real close to my(401) readings.....especially since Vinnie has STOCK exhaust and AWD.Then all of a sudden our Durametric readings on the O2 sensors go wonky and the car loses 30-40 netRWHP!
I sat here until 3 am working and analyzing his car......
The car runs HARD and smooth until our O2 sensors get HOT,or at least it seems like that is when all of this happens!
AND it is all the O2 readings not just one.
It is really weird....we will do a pull get some good numbers then like I said we lose the power....then after a bit we are BACK to good readings!
I really am thinking that Vinnie has a bad O2 sensor(s) here somewhere and when the O2's get GOOD and HOT they/it is NOT reading properly....I am going to pull the O2's and hit them with a heat gun and check them that way.

Will keep you posted......BTW wish Vinnie a 'Happy Birthday' today...!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 04-16-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:44 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justatoy
Well guys bad news for Vinnie last night! I had to send him home without his car!
We went out did some pulls(I have 8 pulls)...we averages around 385 netRWHP with the Gtech,which is real close to my(401) readings.....especially since Vinnie has STOCK exhaust and AWD.Then all of a sudden our Durametric readings on the O2 sensors go wonky and the car loses 30-40 netRWHP!
I sat here until 3 am working and analyzing his car......
The car runs HARD and smooth until our O2 sensors get HOT,or at least it seems like that is when all of this happens!
It is really weird....we will do a pull get some good numbers then like I said we lose the power....then after a bit we are BACK to good readings!
I really am thinking that Vinnie has a bad O2 sensor here somewhere or at s the part that measures the Exhaust temp....

Will keep you posted......BTW wish Vinnie a 'Happy Birthday' today...!

Stacy
Heh. Means you need to start driving cars.
New O2 sensors are $40 or so, it`s a minor thing. Also I think similar issue with CEL codes required sensor extender mounts to keep them further away from overheated exhaust gas. Probably would worth to do both.

From my own experience - I run my car pretty hard with fabspeed 200 cell cats and get engine temperature quite high and exhaust pipes creaking like crazy when they start cooling down, but never had O2 related CELs yet (knock on wood). But I spoke to some people who had to do those O2 sensors mount extenders.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:44 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you and Vinnie. I am sure that you will figure it out, and on the bright side, this is one more thing that you have learned about.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Heh. Means you need to start driving cars.
New O2 sensors are $40 or so, it`s a minor thing. Also I think similar issue with CEL codes required sensor extender mounts to keep them further away from overheated exhaust gas. Probably would worth to do both.

From my own experience - I run my car pretty hard with fabspeed 200 cell cats and get engine temperature quite high and exhaust pipes creaking like crazy when they start cooling down, but never had O2 related CELs yet (knock on wood). But I spoke to some people who had to do those O2 sensors mount extenders.
I have no CEL's,that is what bothers me.we even have a low MAF reading when things are hot and I have tried 3 MAF's....both in his car and my car!
In my heart I believe it is an O2 sensor...
Where do you find O2's for that price and do you have a part #?

Originally Posted by NorthVan
I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you and Vinnie. I am sure that you will figure it out, and on the bright side, this is one more thing that you have learned about.
Ed,
This was the most FRUSTRATED I have ever been in my 41 years.....NO kidding!Because it is nothing to do with VF's kit or my install.......judging by Vinnies stock Durametric charts this problem may have existed before....BUT now it is amplified with the boost!
Poor guy comes over and we rip in his car.....it runs HARD,idle great but with this O2 sensor issue.....I feel soooo bad for Vinnie right now.

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 11-11-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:00 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
I have no CEL's,that is what bothers me.we even have a low MAF reading when things are hot and I have tried 3 MAF's....both in his car and my car!
In my heart I believe it is an O2 sensor...
Where do you find O2's for that price and do you have a part #?

Stacy
It is a common Bosch part. Part Number: W0133-1646907.
Look at replacements as well. It is just a sensor, they are all alike.

Check if you need to replace before or after cats ones - which one gives you bad readings?
I do not remember who makes those extenders but it should be easy enought to find.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...:Oxygen+Sensor)

I was looking for something else and saw direct OEM replacements with harnesses before cats sensors for $56 or so, alternatives are even cheaper but you will need to solder it to wires and that is additional work, but I cannot recall what site it was. Search it up, you should be able to find.

Last edited by utkinpol; 04-16-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
It is a common Bosch part. Part Number: W0133-1646907.
Look at replacements as well. It is just a sensor, they are all alike.

Check if you need to replace before or after cats ones - which one gives you bad readings?
I do not remember who makes those extenders but it should be easy enought to find.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...:Oxygen+Sensor)
Thanks Paul......
I am going to try and do this,this weekend.......

Stacy

Old 04-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Thanks Paul......

Stacy
Yep. I also suspect you may find those matching sensors extenders in your local home depot store in the plumbing department. Just check out what is the thread on those O2 sensors - may be it will match one on standard pipes. That will save you quite some $.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Ed,
This was the most FRUSTRATED I have ever been in my 41 years.....NO kidding!Because it is nothing to do with VF's kit or my install.......judging by Vinnies stock Durametric charts this problem may have existed before....BUT no it is amplified with the boost!
Poor guy comes over and we rip in his car.....it runs HARD,idle great but with this O2 sensor issue.....I feel soooo bad for Vinnie right now.

Stacy
Your 41, wow no wonder your for head is expanding!

Too bad you have to deal with this after the charger is installed, it would likely be a warranty item that would have been covered. I guess this is a peice of good advice, for anyone doing an install. Have the dealer inspect all pieces that may cause an issue before...if there is a warranty in place.

Good Luck, let me know if you want me to call you and give you some moral support!

Old 04-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks Paul......

Stacy
BTW Stacy, I have the extenders in my car, if I get if from the dealer today, you are welcome to take mine out and try them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TODAY IS A GREAT DAY!!!! The VF Supercharger transformation begins……