997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

1 day old, slammed and 20's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 07:47 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sticky4
This car is my daily driver, I will in fact drive it in the winter.

Yes it's low but the KW's are awesome and the car still drives really well!! I can hit potholes and even "pebbles"!!

I even lowered the back more. I spun the front up about 1/8 of an inch.

I have had many nice cars with serious drops: Cayman S, Cayenne S, Benz CLS, BMW 535... And many other. I'm used to people thinking my cars are too low but it's a personal taste thing. In person it looks sick... If I wanted a track 997 I wouldn't have bought a 4wd with a glass roof. I bought it cause I think it's beautiful, so bring the hate, I welcome all comments...
My hat is off to you because you are honest and upfront about your intent. The increasing frequency of posts like this still surprises me in the 911 community, as it is more typical of a Vette/Stang/Camaro forum, but I see it's coming here too as these cars become more popular outside the core 911 enthusiast.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:00 PM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
Looks like a quebecers kinda thing.

I think the look is wild and will no doubt draw alot attention. Not what I'll be doing but nonetheless has a place in the car world.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:04 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Best wishes with the car. It's new .. enjoy it.
I would not do this to my car (for a variety of reasons) but if you are happy and if it's in any way safe to drive then good luck.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:16 AM
sticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura about
Once it's out of the body shop I will post new pictures of it...

Old 05-02-2010, 07:10 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

In The Grass

Makes my car look like a 4 wheel drive truck! LOL Like the look though

Old 05-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Can you turn the front wheels left to right without rubbing the fenders ?

Old 05-02-2010, 02:28 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
In The Grass

Makes my car look like a 4 wheel drive truck! LOL Like the look though
It does not look like a truck. At least mine does not. My wheels (997.2S) show an even gap all around. Slammed wheels look strange as they squash the top gap compared to the sides. And i am just talking looks as clearly suspension compliance and performance is out the window. In the '80s that was the low-rider look and it was frowned upon. On a properly set sports car it simply does not belong. But as the OP, with full honesty, said, it's for the looks he cares for.

Originally Posted by Dadio
He can, but he must drive slow.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:30 PM
sticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dadio
Yes I can, no problem at all.

And for the record I have driven the car all weekend, no rubbing a little scrapping and at which ever speed I want. I was just on the highway doing 165 kph...

It's just a car, whether it be a Honda or a Porsche, I enjoy modifying my cars to my style. If they scrape or bottom out oh well. I hate those fanatical people who are like you can't do that to this car... I can f$&k with whatever car I want and the cooler the car the better!!

After 2 days I'm loving my 997 and watching peoples jaws drop when I go by is a bonus!!!

Old 05-02-2010, 03:45 PM
G6OON will become famous soon enough
Dope setup on the 997. It has a nice low aggressive stance and great choice of wheels.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:05 PM
P997S will become famous soon enoughP997S will become famous soon enough

And for the record I have driven the car all weekend, no rubbing a little scrapping and at which ever speed I want. I was just on the highway doing 165 kph...

It's just a car, whether it be a Honda or a Porsche, I enjoy modifying my cars to my style. If they scrape or bottom out oh well. I hate those fanatical people who are like you can't do that to this car... I can f$&k with whatever car I want and the cooler the car the better!!

After 2 days I'm loving my 997 and watching peoples jaws drop when I go by is a bonus!!!
Good for you! your car - enjoy it anyway you like!

Old 05-02-2010, 04:57 PM

Of course you are free to do whatever you like. It's just interesting to notice that what was the domain of Vettes/Stangs/ricers is creeping into the classic european sports car, that is all! But at the end of the day there's taste - good and bad. I do know you think it's good taste, so all is well for you.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by adias
Of course you are free to do whatever you like. It's just interesting to notice that what was the domain of Vettes/Stangs/ricers is creeping into the classic european sports car, that is all! But at the end of the day there's taste - good and bad. I do know you think it's good taste, so all is well for you.
Tell me the truth, you consider a Porsche shirt, hat and jacket fashion too?

Old 05-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Tell me the truth, you consider a Porsche shirt, hat and jacket fashion too?
Of course not.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by adias
Of course not.
I'm just busting, to each his own i say!!

We can both agree that the 997 is a sweet car and that's enough...

BTW here is the car with the suspension dialed in to where i will leave it.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:20 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Proof that a person can write the most polite words down so that at face value, it's hard to take offense. But the reality is that it is self righteous, condescending, and dripping with sarcasm. Taking the high road, looking down your nose...some of the phrases that come to mind when I read posts like this. Jesus, give the guy a break. Believe it or not, people of all walks of life, with all sorts of different styles/tastes have Porsches. You make it sound as if all Porsche owners come from old money with a family lineage that reads like the fine pedigree of an Arabian stallion.

J

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1 day old, slammed and 20's