997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

1 day old, slammed and 20's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:27 PM
sticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
Proof that a person can write the most polite words down so that at face value, it's hard to take offense. But the reality is that it is self righteous, condescending, and dripping with sarcasm. Taking the high road, looking down your nose...some of the phrases that come to mind when I read posts like this. Jesus, give the guy a break. Believe it or not, people of all walks of life, with all sorts of different styles/tastes have Porsches. You make it sound as if all Porsche owners come from old money with a family lineage that reads like the fine pedigree of an Arabian stallion.

J
I didn't want to say, but thank you.

It's okay, I imagine he spends his Saturday and Sundays in his best Porsche outfit rubbing down his precious baby 911 with a diaper!! Fanatics rock my world!!!!!

Old 05-02-2010, 07:28 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
in case u haven't heard..

- thats slammed!

ur car and ur money... and i am not sure about Canada , but it's a free country in the good ol' U.S. of A.

not sure how it drives.. but it looks awesome parked.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:38 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sticky4
...I imagine he spends his Saturday and Sundays in his best Porsche outfit rubbing down his precious baby 911 with a diaper!! Fanatics rock my world!!!!!
I own no Porsche outfits. I rarely am around my cars on weekends and rarely wash the 11. See how wrong one can be?

Old 05-02-2010, 10:32 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Many different schools of thought about the 997S

Proof that a person can write the most polite words down so that at face value, it's hard to take offense. But the reality is that it is self righteous, condescending, and dripping with sarcasm. Taking the high road, looking down your nose...some of the phrases that come to mind when I read posts like this. Jesus, give the guy a break. Believe it or not, people of all walks of life, with all sorts of different styles/tastes have Porsches. You make it sound as if all Porsche owners come from old money with a family lineage that reads like the fine pedigree of an Arabian stallion.

J

I don't always agree with Adias but I do think he and I share one philosophy in common being that a Porsche 997S is a very functional car bone stock. It's a car with understated elegance and class .. right out of the box.

My idea of customizing it is to enhance its driving ability . In short adding "go" above "show" . I don't care if people "drool " over my car. In fact I pefer NOT to have the attention . I don't need to affiirm my ego by having people praising my stuff .

When I see 20 inch wheels which alter driving dynamics . ill fitted suspension drop which inhibit cornering ability , tint so dark that one can't see in .. there is a snap judgement . In fact he's happy when people praise it . But making such a dramatic change to the car apprently does get attention and opinions can vary.

My first thought is that looks like a European car turned into a hip hop Porsche
"Look at me. look at me , I got da money, I got da slammed porsche on big wheels " --doesn't do much for me .. even though I wish him the best.. sincerely .. no sarcasm .

We do have the same car but we all are unique in our thoughts.

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-03-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:11 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure who needs to give who a break. I grew up taught "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything" and that's a good rule for children, whose daily associates must be assumed to have a fragile ego, but adults are presumed to want an answer when they ask what I think about something.

Is there any question we have at least three different approaches to cars? Some people buy whatever they must and would as soon have a season ticket on the city bus. I don't suppose many of them visit here.

We also have people who love cars for what they can do, and how gracefully they manage it. To them function equals beauty. To others, the beauty comes first and becomes the function of many objects: exhibiting that person's taste. Cars are especially pleasing in that role because they are such portable expressions of our taste.

Personally, where Porsches are concerned, I fall into the first camp with ADias and Christian. I think Sticky4's car is beautiful as an object expressing his taste, or just as a piece of sculpture. It looks very much like a show car in the good sense, Sticky. But those changes would ruin my Porsche, because my purposes lie in the functional line. Beauty for me comes in many flavors, but in my personal cars, I find that a slightly rock-chipped and very bug-spattered front end signifying a memorable weekend run over a mountain pass is... well, at least a joy, if not precisely beauty.

Now as for the notion that it is 'hating' to not share someone's taste... Hmmm. I think it is better to say nothing since I can't find anything nice to say about that idea.

Gary

Old 05-03-2010, 12:15 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I don't always agree with Adias but I do think he and I share one philosophy in common being that a Porsche 997S is a very functional car bone stock. ...
We always exchange views but we mostly agree and we are always friends.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:19 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
We always exchange views but we mostly agree and we are always friends.
Yep -And I just so happen to agree with you on some of the tweaks on this car too!!

Old 05-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by simsgw
I'm not sure who needs to give who a break. I grew up taught "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything" and that's a good rule for children, whose daily associates must be assumed to have a fragile ego, but adults are presumed to want an answer when they ask what I think about something....
Be that as it may, I might have followed the good rule, let it pass and stay on the sidelines. If people like it and I do not, so what. What this clearly shows - and that was the point I was making - is that there are 2 camps about this. A traditionalist camp respecting the car as is and an emerging camp that was not here before, and I am not talking about perf mods.

Last edited by adias; 05-03-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:00 AM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
thats fresh...love the drop on the KWs, I thinkkk my kw drop is just as low but mine sits more level

Old 05-03-2010, 01:05 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
I agree the car comes stock ready to rock and roll, but hey if the man wants to put anything on his car to make him happy, then so be it, you could go on and on about this, but as long as your not driving it and it isn't coming out your pocket, hey lets not worry about it. "CAN WE ALL JUST GET ALONG....."

Old 05-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Saleh 911 is on a distinguished road
MAN the wheels are just WOOW…
and you will raise that baby after the GT3 bumper
NICE looking car

Old 05-03-2010, 04:26 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
[quote=crazycarlitos;2825455]in case u haven't heard..

- thats slammed!

ur car and ur money... and i am not sure about Canada , but it's a free country in the good ol' U.S. A

Thats what u think.....As far as Im concerned , Im tired of my silent partner.

\\\\\

Old 05-03-2010, 07:33 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Yup two camps

I see Two camps alright....

Camp 1 = Tend to be open minded and true car enthusiasts.... if they do not agree with another's car they post with tact....They do not pass judgment on other camps and respects all others from Modders (for looks or performance or maybe a blend), Purists, Track hounds, etc....and then there is the camp 2....

Camp 2 = The ******* camp

Each are free to join.....

Be that as it may, I might have followed the good rule, let it pass and stay on the sidelines. If people like it and I do not, so what. What this clearly shows - and that was the point I was making - is that there are 2 camps about this. A traditionalist camp respecting the car as is and an emerging camp that was not here before, and I am not talking about perf mods.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:40 AM
sticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura about
On 5 pages of responses most people love it and a few hate it. I do respect everyone's opinion, good or bad.

I can just do without the holier then thou act... I see tons of stuff on the net I don't like but why bother wasting my time telling someone I don't like there car. It's a lott easier to just move on with my life.

Either way I asked, at least I'm showing you guys not just another 997 with the same mods as almost everyone out there.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:22 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
What this clearly shows - and that was the point I was making - is that there are 2 camps about this. A traditionalist camp respecting the car as is and an emerging camp that was not here before, and I am not talking about perf mods.
Can there be a camp in the middle? I just ask because I think I (and a few other I know) fall in the middle.

My car has a GT3 front, Rinspeed rear bumper, TechArt side skirts, and red seat belts. These are all cosmetic mods.

My car also has a plenum and full AWE exhaust (headers, cats, and mufflers). These are for performance (and some could say for the sound as well but I believe many would call this a performance mod).

Finally, my car also has HRE P40's and a small 15mm drop with TechArt springs. These last two mods could be both considered cosmetic and performance.

So in my case, I did a few mod's for performance (but not as far as some go as I don't ever track my car) and a few cosmetic changes to help my car stand out a bit. So at the end of the day, I guess I fall a bit in the middle, kind of like a moderate Republican/Democrat

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1 day old, slammed and 20's