997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Bold Mod- Custom Sport Chrono Pod with Multi Gauge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 02:01 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
That will be a nice setup!
Thanks, Doc. Did Jeremy tune your GTO at one point? The Cayenne has since received the Turbo S tune from EVOMS as well as a primary cat delete. Once Julio from AlkyControl installs the meth kit and I get some gauges, this thing should do very low 12s.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:32 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
They are made out of titanium aren't they?

Old 01-17-2014, 07:22 PM
firefisher is on a distinguished road
Just can across this . Great thread

Old 01-18-2014, 03:24 PM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
You took a saw to the dashboard of your 997?? Must be hard walking with ***** that big.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Happy to see this thread is still alive.
Yeah, big brass ones. Still loving this modification, and as tech evolves, there's more and more I can put through the gauge.
CATTMAN

Old 01-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Someone asked me about this a few days ago. It is a great mod.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:24 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
amazing work!

Old 01-20-2014, 02:46 PM
bootsy is on a distinguished road
Very nice. Good set of tools and a lot of guts.

Anyone done similar but just with an old school tach or speedometer?

Old 02-22-2014, 08:20 AM
eNVy997tt is just really niceeNVy997tt is just really niceeNVy997tt is just really niceeNVy997tt is just really nice
Just came across this, do you have any pics or video of how your set up ended up? Specifically what some standard gauge designs look like and perhaps some detail about it in use?

Old 04-15-2016, 08:31 PM
babygriz is on a distinguished road
Asking for extra inginuity!!!

Originally Posted by Cattman
Pretty sure this is a first.
After my SC installation, I wanted a way to keep on eye on certain OBDII data, as well as AFR and Boost. Since I knew I'd need to install a gauge and 2 controllers to measure the new parameters (AFR and Boost), I figured, well, might as well install a multi-gauge and put it where the OEM Sport Chrono would be- if I had that option, which I don't.

So I ordered the Sport Chrono housing/ shell from my boys at SunCoast, and a 60mm OLED multi-gauge from PLX Devices, along with control units for OBDII, WideBand AFR, and Boost.

Since I didn't already have a dash made for a Sport Chrono unit, installation required a bit of ingenuity.

Here are some pics.
CATTMAN

I do have to thank you so very much to give me the energy to install my chrono pod. Because what I did find when I was installing my cdc4, I finally found the plug-in needed from the harness. Did you happen to find that plug-in to the stock chrono pod or did you have to do some other wiring slits? Thanks again for all your help!!!
babygriz

Old 04-16-2016, 06:42 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
awesome mod... well done