997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How do you guys deal with the bird #!^%@#?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:43 AM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
^ that's the best thing I've seen in a looooooong time.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by type997
I replaced Speed Shine with Griot's Spray On Car Wash. It seems to work even better than Speed Shine for bird poop and bug strikes. The bottle describes Spray On Car Wash as "Highly Lubricious." It feels that way too, very slick stuff, highly recommended!
+1 ... My ML320 drew the short straw as to our 2-car garage, so I keep a spray bottle of both Speed Shine and the aforementioned Spray On car wash AND a stack of soft microfiber cloths in the vehicle. It's a daily routine.

I've even heard of sonic bird repel devices, but I doubt if they are battery operated.

Good luck and keep fighting the good fight against your avian adversary!

Old 05-12-2010, 09:18 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by henrysko

LOL

Old 05-12-2010, 03:55 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by type997
I replaced Speed Shine with Griot's Spray On Car Wash. It seems to work even better than Speed Shine for bird poop and bug strikes. The bottle describes Spray On Car Wash as "Highly Lubricious." It feels that way too, very slick stuff, highly recommended!
I like that stuff too, particularly if your car is a bit dirty. I note though that the stuff is about 30% more expensive, so I use it for when things are really dirty.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
Now THAT'S what I call a bird strike . . . . . . although I know Captain "Sully" (the "Miracle on the Hudson" pilot) may not agree. P.S. I'm also into flying so Captain "Sully" is a personal hero to me.

ryem3,

Now I'm going to have to get some Spray On Car Wash and the recommended extra thick micro fiber green towels on my next order. I have NEVER been disappointed with anything I've ever ordered from Griot's. He definitely has me as a "customer for life" just like he wants.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:30 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
You're really going to like it. I usually go for the Speed Shine for the quick bird poop removal though. Those fluffy green towels are the perfect thing too - better than what you thought was a soft micro fiber towel. I'm dreamin' about the small polisher now...

Old 05-13-2010, 08:25 PM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
I gotta tell ya, you could spend aaaaalot of cash at Griot's Garage if you aren't careful...it may actually be a good thing I don't have a place to wash and wax the car, i'd buy em all.

-Alex

Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ryem3
You're really going to like it. I usually go for the Speed Shine for the quick bird poop removal though. Those fluffy green towels are the perfect thing too - better than what you thought was a soft micro fiber towel. I'm dreamin' about the small polisher now...
I purchased the 3" orbital a few months back and I highly recommend it. Some of the spots where it really comes in handy are the entire front bumper, the compound curves behind the headlights, the sunroof (it's easier to control so it keeps the polish/wax off the felt) and my favorite spot the rear bumper and especially those "bumperettes" which are difficult to get with the 6" machine.

I also bought the new paint glaze and I'm totally in love with that stuff, especially for the front and rear bumpers which (in my opinion) you really don't want to polish that often if you can help it. I follow the glaze with Best of Show and the results are simply stunning!