997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Makkassar wood interior parts opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:54 PM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
Makkassar wood interior parts opinion

Anyone with Makkassar interior pieces (steering wheel, brake, shifter, center console etc..) please comment on quality, feel and just over all thoughts..Do you like? Would you order again? Waste of money? I would love to hear opinions.

Thanks!

Old 05-12-2010, 12:58 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Do you know if it comes with an actual multi-function wheel? All of the photos for the carbon, silver and wood kits show this wheel.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:01 PM
I am not getting multi function - I have always thought that a waste..The controls are soo close already! Just my opinion

Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen it in a few cars, the finish is great, however I just feel it doesn't suit the car at all, it's the completely wrong ethos.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:32 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I saw some pictures of a car that was for sale, and IMO it looked horrible. As Dave said, doesn't suit the car. Probably look good in an old Jag or a nice sail boat.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:47 PM
this interior is ugly but the wood is beautiful

should look good with my black interior

Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2010, 03:01 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
As with many things, it's a matter of personal taste. One thing I do know for sure is that cars with the wood tend to be very hard to sell. Every car I see with it sits on the market for a long time, in fact in Orlando last year they had a top spec Turbo with the full wood, customer backed out after ordering it. It sat on their lot for 12 months and they finally sold if for $110k NEW.

If I were you, I'd hang onto the other parts for if/when you come to sell.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:05 PM
i absolutely love wood! i have had carbon on other porsches..i liked it..but wood looks soo classy especially with black interior...cant wait for install...i will post before and after pics..i doubt wood interior will deter someone from buying my car when i sell it..i know i would have paid more for it..i plan to sell the steering wheels, ebrake, center console and shifter if anyone is interested..,.,i doubt wood was why that car sat. makes no sense

Old 05-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Well I knew the manager of the dealer very well before he moved back home, he said it was down to the interior choice, put a lot of people off.

As I said, it's entirely down to personal choice, that's the beauty of being able to customize them how you like. You will like the wood, it *is* very well done and very nicely finished but don't be too naive to assume that everyone else will like it too, the vast majority of Porsche's are not spec'd with wood for a reason!

Old 05-12-2010, 03:12 PM
no doubt..everyone wont like it..agreed...but i will be keeping it until im ready for a turbo..no more NA porsches for me..next is 997.2 w/ pdk turbo or whatever the next version turbo is

I appreciate all opinions..love to hear from people with makassar

Old 05-12-2010, 04:18 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Here is a thread that I started a few years ago, it has wood and black interior.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-interior.html

Old 05-12-2010, 04:20 PM
thanks North - i do really appreciate your opinion...

Old 05-12-2010, 04:20 PM
i dont like the color wood in that link..i ordered the dark wood

Old 05-12-2010, 05:06 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I saw some pictures of a car that was for sale, and IMO it looked horrible. As Dave said, doesn't suit the car. Probably look good in an old Jag or a nice sail boat.
+1 . No wood on my cars .

Old 05-12-2010, 05:13 PM
ill show before and after pics next week..then you guys tell me which you like better...the inside (all black) just needs something to spice it up..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Makkassar wood interior parts opinion