997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Driving a 2010 PDK equipped 997S with the wife

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 09:07 AM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Originally Posted by P997S
why did you let the salesman sit in the passenger seat??? BIG mistake -= you should sit next to your wife and he should have been squeezed in the back or he should not have come on the drive.
I've never test driven a car without the SA. I may ask next time I do test drive. I still want to check out a PDK Cab myself. How do you like yours?

Old 06-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Krashdoc will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by adias
I would be embarrassed to report such an exploit, and would that have happened, I would think that my wife should not touch a car she has no skill or respect to handle.
Give me a break. Skills?? respect?? As much as I love my cars, they are just cars (flame away). I see two problems from the OP's experience.
First, the salesperson should have pulled the car out of the lot to a "safe" drive out location rather than having the test driver tease it out of a tight spot.
Secondly, the dealer needs to fix the ramp.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:21 AM
shuffles will become famous soon enough
I remember when I bought my car it was exactly 2 days after my birthday, and it was at a vacation spot about 120 miles from home. That year, my drivers license just happened to expire on my birthday. I forgot to put the new license in my wallet. Well, the SA wouldn't let me drive! I tried to make it clear that the license was only expired and it was a clear mistake for me to not bring the new one, and I wouldn't buy a $117k car without driving it. I had my friend with me, and so we had my friend drive. Until we got out a little about 5 blocks, then I pretty much muscled out the salesman. Literally told him to STFU, quit his whining, and get in the back lol... he begrudgingly obliged. He was a nice guy but was visibly a little unhappy by this move... but I did buy the car at the end!

Old 06-11-2010, 10:31 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
+1. When I purchased my Porsche, the dealer gave us the car for over 4 hours and said,"Bring it back before closing."
My local dealer let me keep the car over the weekend and bring back Monday. Unfornately, I didn't buy that car from him and I feel really bad.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:40 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by newsong

i don't think any married man would disagree with this.
aye.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Krashdoc
Give me a break. Skills?? respect?? As much as I love my cars, they are just cars (flame away). I see two problems from the OP's experience.
First, the salesperson should have pulled the car out of the lot to a "safe" drive out location rather than having the test driver tease it out of a tight spot.
Secondly, the dealer needs to fix the ramp.
Agree with above.

It is just a car. Anyone who can afford it can request the test drive. Sex, age, skills doesn't matter. The dealer will sell it to whoever who can pay the bill.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:07 AM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by NewSong
I think you're right. I am sympathetic to the Porsche Dealership, but it's not like my wife purposefully scratched the bottom. It was just inexperience.

I think buying a PDK Porsche would be my way of showing I'm not "selfish" since all the sports cars we own are 6MT.
There is NO reason in the world for you to have any feelings for the Porsche dealership or the Porsche salesperson. They have only one job to do. That job is selling cars and making money. That is their sole purpose for being there.

They have no feelings or sympathy for you. They dont see past your wallet-checkbook-bank account-FICO score. So, why should you give a rats a$$ about them?

You shouldn't! I hope you slept well that night and every night forward and dont give it a second thought.

There is a reason why they are fondly (not really fondly) referred to as "STEALERSHIPS".

Enjoy your wife and enjoy your cars, dont give it a second thought.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:13 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
I sure as hell would never sit in the back of a 911 - or even a Cayenne for that matter. PDK 997 is a nice car. Better off getting her a CLK. Cheaper, easier to drive and she'll like it better anyway. Spending 100k plus on a 997 cab would be a huge waste of money. If you've got money to burn, better off buying a Bentley.
What's wrong with back seat in a Cayenne?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:04 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
[quote=

I HATE when my wife makes impromptu decisions that mess with my carefully-laid mental plans. [/quote]

Wow, I am so glad other guys feel this way "carefully-laid mental plans".
I love it!
Its as if she can read my mind and then purposely muck up my plans.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:41 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by socalsteve
There is NO reason in the world for you to have any feelings for the Porsche dealership or the Porsche salesperson. They have only one job to do. That job is selling cars and making money. That is their sole purpose for being there.

They have no feelings or sympathy for you. They dont see past your wallet-checkbook-bank account-FICO score. So, why should you give a rats a$$ about them?

You shouldn't! I hope you slept well that night and every night forward and dont give it a second thought.

There is a reason why they are fondly (not really fondly) referred to as "STEALERSHIPS".

Enjoy your wife and enjoy your cars, dont give it a second thought.
Thanks for the kind words.

"Stealership"... haha.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:00 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
I am guessing you went to that dealer in Newport beach?

When I was shopping for mine a year ago, I just drove up to Walter's in Riverside. Never been there before, didn't make an appointment. Saw a nice C2S and asked for a test drive, they put it out on the drive way and ask to make a copy of my license, and then let me wife and I took off with it without the sales guy. Unfortunately I didn't buy it from them, but they did leave me a good impression which will be a factor in my future purchases.

Luckly my wife has no interesting in driving the Porsche.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:14 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
I had a heart attack just reading the opening post.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by steph280
I am guessing you went to that dealer in Newport beach?

When I was shopping for mine a year ago, I just drove up to Walter's in Riverside. Never been there before, didn't make an appointment. Saw a nice C2S and asked for a test drive, they put it out on the drive way and ask to make a copy of my license, and then let me wife and I took off with it without the sales guy. Unfortunately I didn't buy it from them, but they did leave me a good impression which will be a factor in my future purchases.

Luckly my wife has no interesting in driving the Porsche.
I find overall, luxury car dealers tend to treat their customers a lot better than your average Honda or Toyota dealer. No dealer drama shows, no pushy "take the deal" attitudes.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by jherbias
I had a heart attack just reading the opening post.
That first "scape" sound made me grind my teeth...

Old 06-13-2010, 07:20 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I lightly scraped the front bottom of mine last night - it's underneath - no big deal. Definitely the sales guy should have pulled the car around to a safe location, that was really dumb of him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driving a 2010 PDK equipped 997S with the wife