997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 mod city

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:16 PM
stockid will become famous soon enoughstockid will become famous soon enough
997 mod city

Let's start up a place where we can list our mods: Current....upcoming. Talk about the benefits and minuses compare and contrast so that others may benefit from our experience and connections to get work done etc.

I am now up to Mod 4. I got a front clear bra, all weather floor mats, porsche key chain....lol and now evom software from sharkwerks. Car still there. Will pick up later.

Attached Images     
Old 07-28-2010, 09:32 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Stock I can't even list all the mods on my Turbo but i will list what I had on my old 997.1S and on my Current 997.2S .

997.1S --I had the Tubi/F77/ Ecu software upgrade. I never got up to suspension and aerokit because as much as i liked the car I really wanted the Turbo.
The system sounded like this -- I loved the rasp soyund of the 997.1 Tubi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMWLpdVrhWU

997.2S --
This car has the following :

1) Exhaust --Full FVD system which includes cats plus their software . There is a distinct power gain throughout the range along with a very crisp beautiful exhaust note. There is not even a hint of drone . Totally amazing system !!!
2) PDK Champion Paddles -- Allows me to paddle shift while still retaining my steering functions .
3) Painted seat backs and console
4) Bilstein Damptronics Coilover suspension -- It's firm, tight , and yet comfotable enough to drive distance if needed .

I have done nothing cosmetic or aerkit and won't. My goal is to keep this car understated in appearance and the next upgrade would not be on this car .. it would be a Gt3RS .

Old 07-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Ow, is that nice. Can I borrow. Check out this preminer satin turbo....

I love the finish. They say you don't have to wax anymore just wipe or light wash...awesome!

Attached Images     
Old 07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Stock --
All the Premier cars look amazing!!! It's a bit far away for me though or mine would have been there years ago.

Funny thing is that I was the one who suggested that you go out and see Sharky and Premier --you live in a great region .
I've been reading this board for years and they are awesome !!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 10:10 PM
You did and I am forever gratetful. Like Toy Story, You got a friend in me.

Sherman

Old 07-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Some pics from today

Took some shots of P-cars at Sharkwerks and Premier today..

Attached Images      
Old 07-28-2010, 11:00 PM
More

Attached Images     

Last edited by stockid; 07-28-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:46 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Good to see you today and hope the drive back was good

Still finishing up this move but busy in the mean-time... This local 2010 Grey/Red (as it was originally) themed 997.2RS came into us for a host of goodies including the SharkWerks Exhaust coupled with our larger diameter ceramic coated tips. We also tuned her with the EVOMSit software mapping. The red was replaced with silver and black giving her quite a different look indeed!

Arriving and in-line..

On the lift she goes...

Bumper cover off and on goes the SharkWerks Exhaust:

Meanwhile the Bosch Motronic ECU on the flash-bench...

A close-up of the larger diameter 88mm SharkWerks Tips:

There she is decked out in her silver motif...

But she can also wear black...

Ready to go home!

Meanwhile... another 2010 997GT3 project (with the EVOMSit, out tips, our exhaust and a few other goodies) was updated with satin-black powdercoated wheels.

Yum!

A few other goodies:

There was also a brand new 2011 997TT S that came in to get "started". The entire car was wrapped by Premier in their new Satin guard style.

The first modification is a set of factory Porsche 997GT2 sideskirts:

Moving along is this project 997GT2 with a refresh of sorts. A 997GT2 motor out isn't something we see too often. There are a lot of trick differences vs the regular TT motor (intake manifold etc..) so here you go

Old 07-30-2010, 07:26 PM
caly is on a distinguished road
WOW...I come back to fremont every year this for sure have to visit the sharkster

Old 07-31-2010, 12:30 AM
Well I picked up my car today from Sharkwerks. Now, my software is in the fire. While I was flying away on 280 a black turbo cab. Blazed up behind me saw an opening and just bolted 7 car lengths ahead. Sounded really nice, with his top down and enjoying life....
Cheers

Sherman

Old 07-31-2010, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the ride in Kermit today. It was awesome!

Attached Images  

Last edited by stockid; 07-31-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:12 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by caly
WOW...I come back to fremont every year this for sure have to visit the sharkster
Anytime
Originally Posted by stockid
Thanks for the ride in Kermit today. It was awesome!
My pleasure!!

Old 08-02-2010, 10:39 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Stock,

How's the flash with the base pdk?

Did u test drive a S with pdk and SC. Can you compare two?

Thanks

Old 08-02-2010, 11:45 PM
So, far I still in kinda feeling strange about it. I feel more throttle response, but I think that the gears somehow have to be changed earlier in PDK. Going st give it a couple more days and call Sharky if this keeps happening. For instance third gear in PDK was kinda a high band now I have to shift it seems earlier into 4th and so on for 5th.

Sherman

Old 08-03-2010, 12:05 AM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
clear side lights
AWE bypass
GIAC flashloader
Short shift kit

pending
Fabspeed CAI

on my 5 week old 997.2 S

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 mod city