997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Who bought their 997 w/ the "you only live once" attitude?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 05:46 PM
911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about
this thread is making me cringe. sorry.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bosco42
Beat me to it

I would save on the car and get my own apartment.

When I was your age ( I assume you are still young) I would rather have my own apt and a cheap car then live at home with a nice car !!
No kidding.... the p-car is too small inside for getting laid in :-)

Old 08-05-2010, 06:15 PM
caly is on a distinguished road
to me it doesnt matter where u live the biggest thing is u got to know how to invest before pleasure(if u have good relationship with yur parent stay with them)...dont matter how ol my kid is she can stay with me for the rest of her life if she want n I'll support her any way that I can

Old 08-05-2010, 06:19 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Seriously.....are we on Candid Camera ??

Let me see by a show of hands if:

1. You would rather be in bed in ur own apt spoonin' with a hot chick or

2. Driving around yourself in a hot car and go home to sleep with ur parents.

C'mon now .....I love Porsches as much as the next guy BUT......

Old 08-05-2010, 06:20 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
It took me 11 to get to the 997, buying it and fixing it up, then selling it buying a little newer one.

ChuckJ

Old 08-05-2010, 06:37 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
I am not dying to get into a 997. I am saying the opportunity is there.

And people are forgetting (or ignoring, or both) that I ALREADY HAVE a place to move into at the end of the year... and it's 30 minutes closer to work (from a 40-minute commute). My question is for people who have had to ask themselves if they were ready to put a relatively big DP on a car... especially since there is potential to lower my overall monthly payment on a car.

As for the Lambo comment; I begged for a Murcielago; only got a Gallardo... some parents...

Old 08-05-2010, 06:44 PM
BoxsterG is on a distinguished road
You guys cant be taking this serious.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:48 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bosco42
Seriously.....are we on Candid Camera ??

Let me see by a show of hands if:

1. You would rather be in bed in ur own apt spoonin' with a hot chick or

2. Driving around yourself in a hot car and go home to sleep with ur parents.

C'mon now .....I love Porsches as much as the next guy BUT......
Ahahaha, this is great. Perfect.

And in terms of the OP saying he really can't see himself driving anything after a 997 and if he buys one and driving it until it explodes, doubt it. There's always the GT3, GT3RS, Lambo, F430, etc. to drive next.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:49 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[quote][and live at home as long as u can or seriously, until u can afford to buy a house/QUOTE]

I am seeing this trend more and more and I find it pathetic . There are guys in my town who live with their parents and they are 30 years old . Some of them even make decent money--certainly enough to move out --- but they blow it on stupidity (like going to clubs , cars, jewerly, clothes ,BLING) and they have nothing saved.

In fact they go home after a night of hard partying (wasting time) and their grandmother is cooking them, steak telling them how great they are, In fact when they finally do get married some of them don't even move out then and they can't figure out why their wife wants to leave them.. The few who do move out are so accustomed to BLING (and having their ego stroked by his parents and grandparents) that they end up in foreclosure , debt, bankrupcy, divorce and then right back home with grandma at 40 or even 50 saying "oh poor baby --don't worry "

I grew up in an entirely different planet I suppose . I wouldn't even own a 335i above my own apartment (that I paid for) . Independence is the most important aspect in becoming an adult . I would feel ill if I was 30 years old living like a spoiled child as an adult.

I think some of the parents like keeping their adult children dependent on them too . I don't unnderstand that either . If I had a 25 year old living in my house like some sort of adult in extended adolescence I would evict him because its time for him to grow up and be a man.

Yeah --I did buy my first Porsche with a "you only live once" attitude but I was 34 and had my own house.

Last edited by yrralis1; 08-05-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:52 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=yrralis1;2933445]
Yeah --I did buy my first Porsche with a "you only live once" attitude but I was 34 and had my own house.

Best sentence I've read in a long time.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:26 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=yrralis1;2933445]
[and live at home as long as u can or seriously, until u can afford to buy a house/QUOTE]

I am seeing this trend more and more and I find it pathetic . There are guys in my town who live with their parents and they are 30 years old . Some of them even make decent money--certainly enough to move out --- but they blow it on stupidity (like going to clubs , cars, jewerly, clothes ,BLING) and they have nothing saved.

In fact they go home after a night of hard partying (wasting time) and their grandmother is cooking them, steak telling them how great they are, In fact when they finally do get married some of them don't even move out then and they can't figure out why their wife wants to leave them.. The few who do move out are so accustomed to BLING (and having their ego stroked by his parents and grandparents) that they end up in foreclosure , debt, bankrupcy, divorce and then right back home with grandma at 40 or even 50 saying "oh poor baby --don't worry "

I grew up in an entirely different planet I suppose . I wouldn't even own a 335i above my own apartment (that I paid for) . Independence is the most important aspect in becoming an adult . I would feel ill if I was 30 years old living like a spoiled child as an adult.

I think some of the parents like keeping their adult children dependent on them too . I don't unnderstand that either . If I had a 25 year old living in my house like some sort of adult in extended adolescence I would evict him because its time for him to grow up and be a man.

Best post in the thread.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
I think there ought to be a law that in order to get into the P-dealer you need to show your ID at the door to make sure you are over 30. The same goes for 'Vettes, 'Stangs, Merc-AMG's, BMW-M's, etc. In most cases (notice I said most, not "all") putting high powered cars in the hands of teens or 20-somethings is dangerous. It takes a good decade or so after you get your license to really call yourself experienced. I once worked for a limousine co. and the owner wouldn't hire anyone under 28.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
I did not buy my car with that

attitude. For me personally I never felt right about buying an expensive car before buying a house. I have lived on my own since I was 17 and I grew as a young adult in the bush era where buying a home was just what you did first.

It sounds like the OP is very lucky if his parents are going to give him a house. I don't have a clue what his financial status is, but if you feel comfortable buying a Porsche then go for.

As for the Lambo comment I'm not sure what that means. I know lots of Lambo guys that are also Porsche guys

Old 08-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Larry nailed it right on the head, I agree 100%!!

Jay

Old 08-05-2010, 08:53 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Independence is the most important aspect in becoming an adult .
Don't mean to disagree Joe, but I think this is the best sentence in the thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who bought their 997 w/ the "you only live once" attitude?