997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Nailed by a cop on foot.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Nailed by a cop on foot.

This is a new one for me. Went for an afternoon drive down by the beach.

While driving thru downtown Del Mar, which has several stop signs in rapid succession, my V1 sounded off with laser frequency right as I accelerated from one of them. I usually ignore laser warning as its always meant that a Lexus or Infiniti is nearby (laser cruise control).

I then see a lady sheriff walk out into the road and hold her hand up to stop traffic, she then points to me and then to the side of the road. In her other hand is a laser gun. WTF!!

She then writes me a ticket for 44 in a 25. Before pulling back into traffic, I watch her go back to her hiding place on the sidewalk behind several newspaper vending machines.

I was 19mph over the speed limit; I think if I was one more mph faster, I wouldn't be eligible for traffic school.

I'll never doubt my V1 again.

Last edited by Axxlrod; 08-08-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:02 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
It's incidents like this that make me wonder what planet I am living on. What B.S.!

Old 08-08-2010, 07:20 PM
marcnv will become famous soon enough
Hypothetically.... Couldn't you have just drove off? lol

Old 08-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by marcnv
Hypothetically.... Couldn't you have just drove off? lol
Haha. The thought did cross my mind. But her cruiser was parked right there, and she could have easily read my license plate.

Plus I would have just about had to run her over if I tried that.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Isn't there some law that they have to be "in plain sight"?

Old 08-08-2010, 07:44 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
cheaper to pay the ticket

than to run her over LOL

Old 08-08-2010, 07:46 PM
marcnv will become famous soon enough
Cops are more and more acting on the verge of entrapment and being extremely sneaky c'nts.

Sorry to hear about your ticket

Old 08-08-2010, 07:57 PM
mact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
This is a new one for me. Went for an afternoon drive down by the beach.

While driving thru downtown Del Mar, which has several stop signs in rapid succession, my V1 sounded off with laser frequency right as I accelerated from one of them. I usually ignore laser warning as its always meant that a Lexus or Infiniti is nearby (laser cruise control).

I then see a lady sheriff walk out into the road and hold her hand up to stop traffic, she then points to me and then to the side of the road. In her other hand is a laser gun. WTF!!

She then writes me a ticket for 44 in a 25. Before pulling back into traffic, I watch her go back to her hiding place on the sidewalk behind several newspaper vending machines.

I was 19mph over the speed limit; I think if I was one more mph faster, I wouldn't be eligible for traffic school.

I'll never doubt my V1 again.

Not sure doubting or believing your V1 will make any difference...when you get the laser alert its too late to slow down as they already have your speed...your need a shifter...this way they cant lock on you.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:27 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Wow, sign of the times...every local government needs $$$...so the creativity is growing. Sorry to hear about your ticket!

Old 08-09-2010, 12:52 AM
ato911 will become famous soon enough
A few years ago, I spent a week at Rancho Sante Fe. I didn't see one single cop and only saw Porsche's, Benz's, Bimmers, Jags, etc etc etc. I was driving a rent a car and felt very intimidated by all of the nice cars. I didn't realize that there are cops in Rancho Santa Fe or Del Mar. Sorry to hear about your ticket.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:34 AM
essayons will become famous soon enough
driving down the interstate, yes, the interstate 65mph speed limit, traffic going about 70, a state trooper stepped out into the left lane to stop the guy next to me going 80ish.

I thought for sure that cop was dead, but the dude stopped in time. Grounded his nose in the pavement, to do it, though

Old 08-09-2010, 03:57 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: It's all about revenue generation, ladies & gentlemen...

Old 08-09-2010, 05:10 AM
dndodd is on a distinguished road
Yes revenue.

From a an excellent source in Alabama, State troopers in this state are now going to start writing tickets for anything 5 MPH over the limit.

The standard rule used to be 10.

It is all about revenue, of course they will say safety, BS.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Clay1G is a glorious beacon of lightClay1G is a glorious beacon of lightClay1G is a glorious beacon of lightClay1G is a glorious beacon of lightClay1G is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dndodd
Yes revenue.

From a an excellent source in Alabama, State troopers in this state are now going to start writing tickets for anything 5 MPH over the limit.

The standard rule used to be 10.

It is all about revenue, of course they will say safety, BS.
I drive to AL for work quite frequently so I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:33 AM
mander is on a distinguished road
On my way to work there is a stretch of 25 after a slight downhill and strech of 35. Often there is an officer with a handheld radar gun. Quite lucrative mornings for the city!

Last edited by mander; 08-09-2010 at 09:53 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nailed by a cop on foot.