997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Nailed by a cop on foot.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Taxi!
Okay, I'll be the spoiler here. I am truly sorry that you will have to spend your hard-earned money on the ticket. But let's look at the facts. You're driving in a "downtown" area, which usually means pedestrians are present. While "accelerating" from a stop sign, you get caught going nearly twice the speed limit. I'm pretty sure the 25 mph speed limit has nothing to do with generating revenue. Finally, you don't deny that you were going that fast.

Like everyone else, one of the reasons I bought my car was for the performance. When I want to push my car past legal limits, I can always take it to the track, or at least find a large parking lot or open stretch of rural highway. If you were complaining about going with the flow of traffic on the interstate and getting a ticket for 5 mph over, I'd be alot more sympathetic. No offense intended, but I think you should man up and just admit that you got caught not being too smart.
Originally Posted by CMartin348
+1 5 mph over is one thing, but almost double the speed limit in a 25 zone?! Sorry that's just stupid. You deserve the ticket.

No offense intended. Just a bad judgement call.
Well, it seems we have some newbie's on soap boxes here.

Please re-read my original post again. I did not mention anything about not deserving the ticket or not planning on paying it or trying to weasel out of it or any other such thing.

I was speeding and will pay the ticket. No whining here, guys. The point of this thread was I had never seen or heard of LEO's on foot with handheld laser guns hiding behind newspaper stands. I thought that alone was interesting enough to make a thread. No where did I say it was not deserved, and thus your opinions on my actions are unneeded.

Would it make any difference if I mentioned that the stop sign I just went thru was the last one in the town and the speed limit changed to 45mph less than 100 yards from where the officer pulled me over?

Careful where you throw stones... you might get your glass house broken.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:49 PM
arzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Axxlrod

Please re-read my original post again. I did not mention anything about not deserving the ticket or not planning on paying it or trying to weasel out of it or any other such thing.

I was speeding and will pay the ticket. No whining here, guys. The point of this thread was I had never seen or heard of LEO's on foot with handheld laser guns hiding behind newspaper stands. I thought that alone was interesting enough to make a thread. No where did I say it was not deserved, and thus your opinions on my actions are unneeded.

Would it make any difference if I mentioned that the stop sign I just went thru was the last one in the town and the speed limit changed to 45mph less than 100 yards from where the officer pulled me over?

I've seen that in South Florida often. Not only are the cops who do that reckless with their own lives they're doing more harm than good when driver's have to stop short.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 PM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
In west central Florida we have police dressing as homeless people & using their radar guns. But the good thing is they always tell you they are the police if you read their signs. A friend of mine stopped and offered one a beer. It as a good thing it wasn't opened.
http://newsmine.org/content.php?ol=s...s-homeless.txt

http://speedtrapahead.org/wordpress/page/30/

Last edited by na011; 08-11-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:22 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ///M*Hershey
This is a nice equation BUT....city Police Dept's DO NOT GET A FULL PORTION of the citations they issue. It is maybe more like .25%, .50% or 1% and maybe 2% (for the more higher class cities) of the actual fine amount.

This all depends on how the city council negotiated that contract or budget detail with the state and PD.

Check with your city hall & inquire how much your local Police generate for the city.....but it is not the large amount you believe it is.

Believe it or not....PARKING CITATIONS...generate a higher porion/percentage for the city and the PD.
I did not say the PD gets the money. City Hall, and/or the State does- which ever is applicable. They just use the LE/PD to generate the income for them. A terrible waste of talent, when they should spend more time busting REAL bad guys- murder, theft, etc... not that I'm endorsing speeding.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:45 AM
///M*Hershey will become famous soon enough///M*Hershey will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
I did not say the PD gets the money. City Hall, and/or the State does- which ever is applicable. They just use the LE/PD to generate the income for them. A terrible waste of talent, when they should spend more time busting REAL bad guys- murder, theft, etc... not that I'm endorsing speeding.

gotcha.

That's true. I see where you are coming from. I, personally, for the city taxes I pay-want my police officers doing everything. Whether it be dealing with minor issues like speeders in my neighborhood, teenagers ditching high school or a drug bust on a legit drug deal...I am pro police and would hope they're out there doing what they're supposed to do.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Taxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really nice
Originally Posted by Axxlrod

Axxlrod, let me respond by first saying the fact that I don't have 1,358 posts like you is irrelevant. I have just as much right to voice my opinion on this public forum as anyone else. However, in the relatively brief time I've been a user in this forum, I've tried to make it a habit not to offer an opinion unless the OP asked for it. I re-read your post and realize that you're absolutely right. You might have made some implications, but you never said you didn't deserve the ticket nor that you shouldn't have to pay it. I apologize for judging you. (Sound of stones being dropped.)

Old 08-12-2010, 08:28 AM
raspritz will become famous soon enoughraspritz will become famous soon enough
Interesting. Hereabouts one never sees police enforcing speed limits anymore. I'd assumed that the economy had dictated cutbacks in the force and they'd decided they had better things to do. Though there was one cop with a radar gun in the middle divider of the extremely rural interstate last weekend during our PCA tour. Fortunately, our line-up of P-cars wasn't doing 120+ at that moment, which my wife commented would be a state trooper's wet dream.

Last edited by raspritz; 08-12-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:49 AM
mgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to all
They do this all the time in Miami. Even on the HIGHWAY. They park, usually under a overpass or on top of a hill and just flag you down.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:04 PM
CMartin348 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Taxi!
Axxlrod, let me respond by first saying the fact that I don't have 1,358 posts like you is irrelevant. I have just as much right to voice my opinion on this public forum as anyone else. However, in the relatively brief time I've been a user in this forum, I've tried to make it a habit not to offer an opinion unless the OP asked for it. I re-read your post and realize that you're absolutely right. You might have made some implications, but you never said you didn't deserve the ticket nor that you shouldn't have to pay it. I apologize for judging you. (Sound of stones being dropped.)
+1 My apologies.