997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Why does Porsche driving school have a "womens only" course ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 09:50 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Why does Porsche driving school have a "womens only" course ?

It may be some time before i go to a class but it does look really fun .
I see that they have a 'womens only" class . Does that mean a couple can't go together?

Old 08-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I believe there is a women only course for women who might be more comfortable if they are only on track with other women..or those who don't want to be hit on by a bunch of testosterone high wanna be racers...the other courses are not gender specific and I believe a couple could go together if they wished....hey number 7,000....got you by 68

Old 08-14-2010, 10:14 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
I believe there is a women only course for women who might be more comfortable if they are only on track with other women..or those who don't want to be hit on by a bunch of testosterone high wanna be racers...the other courses are not gender specific and I believe a couple could go together if they wished
Thanks Chuck .
when i showed my girlfriend the youtube videos of the class she wants to go too.

It looks amazing.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Go for it...there is nothing as good as sharing something you love with someone you love

Old 08-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Go for it...there is nothing as good as sharing something you love with someone you love
+1 -

It's not easy for either of us to break away and go but i really want to go eventually and so does she .

Yep -- we will do the class at some point . Shes a good driver too .
This would be a lot of fun.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by yrralis1
+1 -

It's not easy for either of us to break away and go but i really want to go eventually and so does she .

Yep -- we will do the class at some point . Shes a good driver too .
This would be a lot of fun.
I did my first DE and many more after that with my wife. We had no kids at that time and we were just shy of 2 years into our marriage and we enjoyed the heck out of the camaraderie of track driving.

I also highly encourage bringing the S.O. to PSDS or whatever event you decide to do

Good luck

Old 08-15-2010, 06:24 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
My wife attended as a guest for one day when I did the PSDS course She spent the other day getting pampered at the hotel.

She had a good time riding with the instructors and attending the classes.

Since then she has driven at a Bertil Roos one day school and a couple of members days at NJMP.

She is going to attend her first PCA DE with the Jersey Shore Region next weekend with me.

It's great to share this hobby with her.

Last edited by buck986; 08-15-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:50 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
From a female perspective, I would sign up for that class just because of the male 'intimidation' factor. But, I've done the M school with men and it was fun, fun, fun!!!! So, for me, I would go for the mixed class.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:45 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Thanks Chuck .
when i showed my girlfriend the youtube videos of the class she wants to go too.

It looks amazing.
There were both men and women is the PSDS courses I attended. Your girl and you will have a blast if you go together.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:10 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
I took my girlfriend to the ladies only course two years ago. I hung out as a spectator, and she had the time of her life. It didn't hurt that she was clearly the fastest driver in the group! She really enjoyed not having a bunch of guys in the group, said it let her concentrate better on the class itself. A year later I did the performance class while she hung out, and then went straight into the Masters class which we did together. She would have liked a Ladies Only Masters class as well, but it's not offered. Not that she didn't enjoy Masters - she was still faster than a majority of the men (including me!) in the class!

DMoore
'09 C2S
'10 P4S

Old 08-15-2010, 12:42 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DMoore
I took my girlfriend to the ladies only course two years ago. I hung out as a spectator, and she had the time of her life. It didn't hurt that she was clearly the fastest driver in the group! She really enjoyed not having a bunch of guys in the group, said it let her concentrate better on the class itself. A year later I did the performance class while she hung out, and then went straight into the Masters class which we did together. She would have liked a Ladies Only Masters class as well, but it's not offered. Not that she didn't enjoy Masters - she was still faster than a majority of the men (including me!) in the class!

In my class and group was a Canadian pro woman race driver. She was terrific. Learned much from her.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Well I did discuss the choices with her . I asked her if she might feel more comfortable being amongst women . I never really thought of anything gender specific about driving.

So we talked about which class to select when we ever get to go . One of the things that we both felt was that Porsche drivers of both genders tend to be a nice and mature crowd . With that in mind we would be happy in either class but since the "women only" excludes me as an active participant we would go to the general class.

If i had experienced it beforehand I might opt to take her to the womens class like Dmoore did but that would mean two trips and it's hard enough for us to even break away to do one .

BTW -- I must say that she saw the clips of the class .. she really wants to go .

Old 08-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Well I did discuss the choices with her . I asked her if she might feel more comfortable being amongst women . I never really thought of anything gender specific about driving.

So we talked about which class to select when we ever get to go . One of the things that we both felt was that Porsche drivers of both genders tend to be a nice and mature crowd . With that in mind we would be happy in either class but since the "women only" excludes me as an active participant we would go to the general class.

If i had experienced it beforehand I might opt to take her to the womens class like Dmoore did but that would mean two trips and it's hard enough for us to even break away to do one .

BTW -- I must say that she saw the clips of the class .. she really wants to go .
This sounds like a setup for one of those silly sitcoms where you go in a dress...

Old 08-15-2010, 05:29 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Larry, I'm tellin ya...you 2 should go together and you should do it ASAP. They will put you in groups according to your experience and they will move you around according to how you are driving with in the group. PSDS has the worlds best instructors and a great fun program. You WILL be a better driver even after 1- 2 day course.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by mdrums
Larry, I'm tellin ya...you 2 should go together and you should do it ASAP. They will put you in groups according to your experience and they will move you around according to how you are driving with in the group. PSDS has the worlds best instructors and a great fun program. You WILL be a better driver even after 1- 2 day course.
Another forum member had asked me to go and I really wanted to go yet if I delay my dental surgeries even one more time my teeth are going to start falling out . So .. I passed it up but showed the info to my girlfriend and she really wants to go.

Now in order for us both to go it includes her scheduele , plus mine, plus having someone stay at my home and take care of my pets.

I do agree after seeing the videos and reading up on it .. it looks amazing.

I figure that I will make it within the next year but I saw the two sets of classes and am glad i posted on it because it seems like many on the thread have enjoyed any and all of them .

It gives us both something to look forward to.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why does Porsche driving school have a "womens only" course ?