997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 06:12 AM
ahmadof is on a distinguished road
Dension Install

I instatlled the GW500 (Great write-up in DIY section) I do not have nav or CD changer, so the compartment in front of the battery is empty. There is carpet, then metal underneath. I don't want to drill, how is everyone securing the unit / BT adapter? Double sided tape to the metal? Does it hold ? (metal is not flat, has many indents). Velcro to the carpet? How are you attaching to the carpeted side?

I would also add, I did not need to remove any of the panels in the trunk. It is much simpler, if you have 1) a power source intended for the CD changer or Nav. It is accessible just by opening the compartment for the CD changer- just tap into that for unswitched power, and 2) Amp- just pull the fiberoptic cable from that to break into the ring. You can feed the wire from there up into the compartment in front of the battery under the carpeting- it's only about 12" away.

Makes it a very easy install, with no removal of plastic panels.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Flying Cat will become famous soon enoughFlying Cat will become famous soon enough
Hi ahmadof, I am glad you found my write-up useful. ;-)

My CD changer compartment was empty too. So to secure the Dension I simply put Velcro on the bottom of the Dension unit (I used Velcro side with "loops" instead of "furry" side). The Velcro "loops" hold very tight to carpet on Porsche CD compartment.

To secure the flash drive and/or iPod, I put Velcro on iPod and Velcro on plastic area in CD compartment without carpet.

It has been over 6 months and so far so good.

Cheers.