997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 IPD Plenum Install....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Banned
IPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond repute
Wow!

Your response has been overwhelming. It has taken me all morning to address all of you who have contacted me regarding the 997.2 DFI Plenum Installation and Dyno Test invitation.

It's great to see so much enthusiasm related to the new DFI Plenums. I did forget to mention that we need a "2S", not a "4S" manual, since we are testing on a rear wheel drive dyno.

But that doesn't mean we can't offer a free installs to a few lucky customers on the same or another day. I will go through all the PM's and e-mails and contact each of you individually. Thanks again for all your interest and enthusiasm.

Stay Tuned,
IPD Greg

Old 11-01-2010, 02:18 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
IPD Greg are the DFI Plenums having a better performance than the Gen 1 Plenums?? Like I mentioned i was very satisfied with the Gen1, was wondering with the DFI is the performance increased more :P

Old 11-01-2010, 04:01 PM
eathvy is on a distinguished road
I will try to post some pics of the installed plenum soon. I will tell you one thing, it has truly made a difference. It seems to have brought all my mods together!

Old 11-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
Something smells very fishy here...
Yeah. Indie tech charged me 75$ to install the .1 version. I can't believe this is going to slide.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Banned
IPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 996CABOVA
IPD Greg are the DFI Plenums having a better performance than the Gen 1 Plenums?? Like I mentioned i was very satisfied with the Gen1, was wondering with the DFI is the performance increased more :P
That’s an excellent question. Extracting additional power form the DFI engines has proven to be a formidable feat for all Porsche tuners. Porsche did such a fantastic job of engineering the new DFI engine, they have left very little room on the proverbial performance table for after-market performance upgrades. The entire DFI package is another Porsche masterpiece and Porsche has once again elevated their game to an even higher level. This has made developing more power more difficult but not impossible.

All of the usual mods (i.e. exhaust, software and filters) on the after-market performance checklist are yielding lower gains than the same mods installed on an “equivalent” non DFI Porsche.

That being said, the IPD Plenums for the DFI applications (997.2 and 987.2) deliver a different level of performance gains when compared to previous IPD Plenums. While the non DFI Plenums delivered impressive power and torque gains across the entire power band with substantial gains in the midrange, the DFI Plenums deliver a more linear power band that has a similar shape to the factory power curves only higher and stronger.

The DFI Plenums deliver additional power and torque all the way through the rev range, never dipping below either of the factory power curves. The power gains become considerably stronger around 3500 RPM and continue all the way through redline, where we all want it most. We are still compiling dyno sessions to achieve an average gain but thus far the DFI Plenums aren’t that far behind the standard non DFI Plenums.

As always we will be posting every and all dynos we perform so stay tuned for more.

Cheers,
IPD Greg

Old 11-02-2010, 02:17 AM
herbie911 is on a distinguished road
It will be great if we have photos and dyno figures!

Just wonder whether the plenum will fit gen 2 997 with the 408ps engine

Ie the X51/GTS/Sports Classics/Speedster

I think the gain will be better as the inlet manifold was completely redesign with seperate tract to flow more air into the cylinder head at higher revs!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:11 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by herbie911

I think the gain will be better as the inlet manifold was completely redesign with seperate tract to flow more air into the cylinder head at higher revs!
This is my guess as well. Well see, Gregs got everything under control

Old 11-02-2010, 07:54 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute

I asked a few days ago, but still haven't gotten an answer. I'm assuming they are just busy and will respond soon.

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Are there any expected gains on the X51-equipped 3.8L engines (997.2)? For instance, the GTS?

Old 11-02-2010, 02:04 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
I wonder if this will bear fruit......it seems like I have subscribed to many posts like this, and a year later we are still waiting for a dyno chart!

Anyway, I would love to see a real before and after test!

Old 11-04-2010, 04:18 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by JohnM
I wonder if this will bear fruit......it seems like I have subscribed to many posts like this, and a year later we are still waiting for a dyno chart!

Anyway, I would love to see a real before and after test!
WHAT HE SAID...

And Im also intrested in a group buy

Old 11-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Im confident the dynos are coming, from what IPD said thy are waiting for a 6speed. So that would be cool to see PDK Dynos and 6speed dynos.

Then yes a Group Buy if all is good

Old 11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

Greetings Again Gentlemen,

We promise not to leave you hanging with any empty marketing hype. We are currently in the process of scheduling the next round of DFI dyno testing with a lucky 6 Speed volunteer.

As far as the X51 / GTS / Sports Classics / Speedster models are concerned we haven’t officially seen these up close and personal. I would be very surprised if the current DFI Plenum did not fit these applications but then again, I would never want to make a claim without being 100% certain.

I’m not even certain which of these models will even reach the states, and if so even when. We may need to have an IPD dealer in Europe conduct the tests and offer their expert opinion regarding fit and performance gains.

All I do know, is the geniuses at Porsche tend to engineer and design components to be multi-platform compatible for a variety of models. That being said, from all my past Plenum experience, I can only offer a “guess” that the DFI Plenums would work on the above models.

Thanks for all the great questions.

Cheers,
IPD Greg

Old 11-04-2010, 07:33 PM
J.Seven is on a distinguished road
Curious to see the results.

J.Seven

Old 11-14-2010, 07:01 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Hmm.....2+ weeks and nothing.......

Seems like "airbox" and "plenum" posts all end like this.

Hey IPD sales guys, whats the news?

Old 11-14-2010, 09:42 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
I have the exact car, but getting free installation worth $75 is not worth my time or getting my car test-fitted and dynoed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 IPD Plenum Install....