997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997S VF-Engineering S/C Came!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
REMOVE the IPD

Old 04-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor
RSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond repute
FYI to 6Speeders:

RSS has not been affiliated with the "IPD" brand for quite some time now. If you have questions, need technical assistance, or want a refund, please contact IPD directly and they would be happy to assist you.

Originally Posted by Cattman
You can very safely be at 530hp and faster and more enjoyable than a bloated, sloppy 997TT with some tweaks to your setup.

Try this:

-Remove the IPD plenum and use your OEM unit. The IPD Plenum is a known thief of HP when running FI via the VF-E SC. RSS/IPD should give you a refund since they offer 100% money back satisfaction.

-Remove the 3.8" pulley. You need to go with the 3.6" pulley to acquire the 6.1psi boost, as measured right at the TB. There is no debate there among anyone of us who have done this. As such, a C2S (stock 355hp) should be at 450hp at the wheels, or 520-530hp at the crank.

-Many guys are safely running the 3.4" pulley to produce around 7.2 psi at redline and WOT, resulting in the neighborhood of 550-560 crank hp, again probably safe for the block, but possibly more than your reflexes, brakes, suspension, or tires can handle.
CATTMAN

Last edited by RSSmike; 04-25-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:52 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Yup, will be doing that soon .

Originally Posted by vividracing
REMOVE the IPD

Old 04-25-2011, 12:00 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Yup, will be doing that soon .

anyone ever tried putting a paxton novi 1500, i'v been told fitment is the same as the vortech v3?

does anyone rebuilded head unit with this one ? :http://www.928motorsports.com/parts/...h_impeller.php

Old 04-25-2011, 02:02 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Cattman,

Good to hear from you. I'm running the 3.8 pulley from the kit. I have not measured boost at redline while at WOT. I spoke to justatoy regarding boost and it seems that the 3.8 pulley is making less boost than advertised. I spoke to VF and they say that the 3.8 pulley is making 6 psi at redline. They measure their boost at the TB like everyone suggested. They say that boost can be affected due to the plumbing (ie: Plenum, headers, cats, exhausts); however, the same 6 psi mass airflow is still going through the system. All I know is that it does not feel like a 475 HP to the crank.
would be great if you could get car on a dyno with IPD plenum and then without it. it is really very puzzling piece to understand how plenum by itself can alter incoming boost.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:03 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
It would be neat; however, the Dyno operators here in HI have more experiences with Hondas/Acuras/Domestics. I have yet to find an operator who is familiar with dynoing a Porsche and its caveats.

I think another way to do this is with Durametric testing like Justatoy and Cattman did. This will give you more real world, on the tarmac testing, IMO. They have shown there's something not right with the IPD Plenum. They can't explain it either, and VF-E recommends removing it anyway.

I'm curious as well as to why a device that is suppose to smooth and enhance air flow to the cylinders would be detrimental in an F/I application?

Originally Posted by utkinpol
would be great if you could get car on a dyno with IPD plenum and then without it. it is really very puzzling piece to understand how plenum by itself can alter incoming boost.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Could be leaking from a fitting on the plenum. When I had the IPD on my 997TT, we lost ALOT of power because of those plastic fittings. Regardless, the claims are up in the air.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:28 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Could be leaking from a fitting on the plenum. When I had the IPD on my 997TT, we lost ALOT of power because of those plastic fittings. Regardless, the claims are up in the air.
I would be extremely surprised if we would have leaks from aluminum plenum and no leaks from under plastic one. when I mounted mine i looked it all over - it is kinda very improbable to have leaks there...
but i would agree it is most probable reason.

PS. Do you still run same program WTFitsCarter used? PM me pls.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm curious as well as to why a device that is suppose to smooth and enhance air flow to the cylinders would be detrimental in an F/I application?
impossible to say until you get car under load, look at power/AFR graphs concurrenty with boost sensor data. durametric by itself is nice but it is not same as proper dyno as you cannot repeat same runs with same level of consistency, it is sort of other reason why I think it may be better to have at least final tune-up done in the good pro shop, to make sure all the pieces are up and running as they should.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Former Vendor
PM sent.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:47 PM
WTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant future
Uh oh Paul.. I think I see the wheels
turning over there. No pun intended

I would be extremely surprised if we would have leaks from aluminum plenum and no leaks from under plastic one. when I mounted mine i looked it all over - it is kinda very improbable to have leaks there...
but i would agree it is most probable reason.

PS. Do you still run same program WTFitsCarter used? PM me pls.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:59 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
That impeller is an interesting piece!

I am sure you can really go nuts with the SC if you really wanted to, and did not mind the money.

Jason

Old 04-26-2011, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by WTFitsCarter
i do not know what i want more - to get new PDK 991 gt3 car when it will come out or do an another 'upgrade' on this m96 based car. i need to clear up my head and decide on a long term plan. i just suspect if they will jerk up prices on gt3 cars another $40-$50K up it will render it off my radar completely and i will regret not getting this charger at this deal price, but if 991 gt3 price still will be what it is now on current gt3 then in 3 years or so i may be able to get it but i need to stop wasting any money now then. in ideal world would be nice to get both but, well, it is what it is.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:26 PM
WTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant future
You can always buy the SC and run the heck out of it. Then when gt3 time comes pull her off and sell it. At the price they at letting these go for you wouldn't take too bad of loss. (less install of course)

Originally Posted by WTFitsCarter
i do not know what i want more - to get new PDK 991 gt3 car when it will come out or do an another 'upgrade' on this m96 based car. i need to clear up my head and decide on a long term plan. i just suspect if they will jerk up prices on gt3 cars another $40-$50K up it will render it off my radar completely and i will regret not getting this charger at this deal price, but if 991 gt3 price still will be what it is now on current gt3 then in 3 years or so i may be able to get it but i need to stop wasting any money now then. in ideal world would be nice to get both but, well, it is what it is.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor
agreed