997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Center Exit exhaust Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 07:44 PM
WTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant future
Center Exit exhaust Conversion

Hi Everyone..

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any center exit exhausts out their besides GMG racings (5K) and Fabspeed's conversion?? yes i searched!

Thanks,
Carter

Old 02-26-2011, 07:48 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
WTF...

You know who to go to for this!

FVD makes one that is near OEM quality... albeit expensive.

Jason

Old 02-26-2011, 07:51 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-26-2011, 07:53 PM
WTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JEllis
WTF...

You know who to go to for this!

FVD makes one that is near OEM quality... albeit expensive.

Jason
haha i thought i bugged you enough already!! i was trying to give you a break!

lol you should have convinced me to buy yours when i picked up my suspension from you!

Old 02-26-2011, 07:56 PM
You know if your going to do this right... it can be really expensive. My conversion was really just the exhaust, the bumper, and the heat shield. However, there are lots of little bits that are needed to actually finish the look. If you do this you might want to look at a Cup CF rear bumper as its cheaper, lighter, and I dont think you need a heat shield. GMG should be able to confirm this though.

If you want to go OE level quality I would go with either FVD or GMG and then get with someone like Suncoast for the bumper and all the correct pieces.

Jason

Old 02-26-2011, 07:58 PM
hmm not bad.. but if you want high flow cats it puts you in the GMG-racing exhaust territory and you would get headers too.. any other vendors out there?

Old 02-26-2011, 08:03 PM
You know if your going to do this right... it can be really expensive. My conversion was really just the exhaust, the bumper, and the heat shield. However, there are lots of little bits that are needed to actually finish the look. If you do this you might want to look at a Cup CF rear bumper as its cheaper, lighter, and I dont think you need a heat shield. GMG should be able to confirm this though.

If you want to go OE level quality I would go with either FVD or GMG and then get with someone like Suncoast for the bumper and all the correct pieces.

Jason
can you see if the guy you sold your stuff to wants to sell it to me? lol sounds like a 6k+ bill i probably won't be signing up for. The bumper is the cheap part.. i was hoping for something a little cheaper to route the exhaust.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:04 PM
FVD allows you to use high flow cats that you can get from them or someone else. Nice thing about the FVD system is that it retains the same exhaust geometry so the stock headers and cats or any tuner product can be swapped in.

I have seen a few other setups but they were all custom.

As far as I know GMG, FVD, and Fabspeed are the only show in town.

Jason

Old 02-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by WTFitsCarter
can you see if the guy you sold your stuff to wants to sell it to me? lol sounds like a 6k+ bill i probably won't be signing up for. The bumper is the cheap part.. i was hoping for something a little cheaper to route the exhaust.
Well a custom job would be cheap if you know a good exhaust guy. Pretty sure the guy I sold the stuff to is hacking it up to go on his race car. He was anxious to get going on it so I bet it is too late now.

Jason

Old 02-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Oops realized I forgot one of the best ones

Cargraphic! They make one also.

They sell the separate retrofit (just the pipes) or a full kit.

http://www.cargraphic.co.uk/index.ph...,article,4002/

Jason

Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
You could go with Fabspeed, Cargraphic FVD or GMG. If you want to save money and utilize any mufflers (PSE, AWE,afterhours, OEM etc) you could go custom and just have the exhaust piping re-routed to the center by any legit muffler shop. I went that route as well as a few other guys.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by v35
You could go with Fabspeed, Cargraphic FVD or GMG. If you want to save money and utilize any mufflers (PSE, AWE,afterhours, OEM etc) you could go custom and just have the exhaust piping re-routed to the center by any legit muffler shop. I went that route as well as a few other guys.
Do you have pics of yours?? i was asking this question because of the bumper you have forsale

Old 02-26-2011, 09:29 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have pics of yours?? i was asking this question because of the bumper you have forsale
I don't have a picture of mine without the bumper on, but it essentially looks like this:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...p;d=1267147464

The piping is pretty much identical to the FVD and cargraphic piping. I actually showed the muffler shop a picture of the FVD system and they just copied it for under 500.00 including tips.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by v35
I don't have a picture of mine without the bumper on, but it essentially looks like this:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...p;d=1267147464

The piping is pretty much identical to the FVD and cargraphic piping. I actually showed the muffler shop a picture of the FVD system and they just copied it for under 500.00 including tips.
Not bad! what kind of mufflers your running? I sent you a PM as well.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 PM
v35
Not bad! what kind of mufflers your running? I sent you a PM as well.
I'm running afterhours mufflers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Center Exit exhaust Conversion