997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche willing to pay off last 12 mo of lease!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:24 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Porsche willing to pay off last 12 mo of lease!

I have less then 12 months left from the 36months on my 911. I have been getting these email offers saying that they will pay off the last 12 months of my payments up to 1500/mo if I lease a new car. I called my sales manager at my local dealer and he verified it and said he would even put me in a 12'TTS.
Up till now I was actually content with the idea of keeping my car another year. Now they have planted the idea in my head and the only thing keeping me from moving forward is we are in the middle of purchasing a house so can not mess that up with car purchase.
If this offer is still available when I finalize buying the house then who knows.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:18 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I have been getting these email offers... Now they have planted the idea in my head..
the email worked..

BOL

Old 05-19-2011, 01:06 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Best way to get out of lease is to get into a new one...

Old 05-19-2011, 01:33 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
I think I read somewhere the promo was till June

Old 05-19-2011, 01:42 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
the email worked..

BOL
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
LOL this is why auto companies love leasing. Best of luck with the Turbo, 2 years from now they will be dangling the carrot with a 991 Turbo

Old 05-19-2011, 01:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I have less then 12 months left from the 36months on my 911. I have been getting these email offers saying that they will pay off the last 12 months of my payments up to 1500/mo if I lease a new car. I called my sales manager at my local dealer and he verified it and said he would even put me in a 12'TTS.
Up till now I was actually content with the idea of keeping my car another year. Now they have planted the idea in my head and the only thing keeping me from moving forward is we are in the middle of purchasing a house so can not mess that up with car purchase.
If this offer is still available when I finalize buying the house then who knows.
Translation --
One year of yoir remaining payments plus the attractiveness of yoir end of l;ease buyout is not as much as they can profit on YOIR current car with the high used car market and CPO . So they do you a favor and take it off your hands onlt to do you another favor and lease you a Turbo S which costs more .

Old 05-19-2011, 02:07 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1

no kidding, but if you had a decent or low previous rate and the new rate is not as good, then they may not be doing you any favors - being the pessimist I am, I don't think they are doing you any favors no matter what - unless you just really wanted to get out of your car anyway

Old 05-19-2011, 02:48 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
fyi

the dealer's final numbers (down and monthly pymt) will reflect any negative equity from ur early lease trade-in.

trust me.. dealership will keep their profit margin even with the factory's special rates and incentives.

however, if u can keep the same payment for three more years without any money coming out ur pocket in the beginning for a same kind of car or better.. i'd say go for it !!

BOL

Old 05-19-2011, 02:54 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
I understand that they are forgiving the payments ( less excess miles and abnormal wear and tear) if you get a new one.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Well, they aren't really 'paying off' anything. What they should say is they will let you break your current contract if you assume another lease. And I imagine if the current payments are over $1500/month, they will gladly tack any excess onto the new lease.

Other than the occasional pen or keyring, car dealers don't give away anything!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:02 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Dr. Bill almost touched on it. This is NOT like they are making payments on a LOAN. You will simply stop your RENTAL payments. Well, you won't have the car either. IF the car value is close to the residual, which it might be given strong used car values and a lack of Porsche supply from a couple of year's ago, they are probably about even. Even if they are slightly less, the roll out a NEW car (adding to their sales) and probably finance at a higher rate (as suggested earlier). Lease BUY outs are not buy outs at all. There is no benefit from the buyout because you don't get any benefit once you stop making the payments. IF they wanted to "buy out last 12 months" AND let you keep the car - that's a different story! Ah, the auto biz is just filled with BS.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:05 AM
saeyedoc will become famous soon enoughsaeyedoc will become famous soon enough
They will buy you out of a lease from another company though, 3 months worth. In that case, they are just eating what it costs them to get you in one of their cars. If the program is still in place when my Cayman comes in, I plan on doing that with the 350Z my wife has, she doesn't drive it much anyway, has another car to drive and just had knee surgery.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
They will buy you out of a lease from another company though, 3 months worth. In that case, they are just eating what it costs them to get you in one of their cars. If the program is still in place when my Cayman comes in, I plan on doing that with the 350Z my wife has, she doesn't drive it much anyway, has another car to drive and just had knee surgery.
i can't stress this enough.

dealers don't eat anything.

dealers don't care what u drive.. but if the product happens to be Porsche, dealers will do their best to maximize dealer profit from selling it to u.

if u don't believe me.. go work a deal on your car.. when the numbers have been agreed, bring up ur lease-ending 350z and tell them to buy it out as per promotion..
i'll be shocked if ur payment numbers stay the same..
(cause the only way that is happening is if the dealer made a killing on the deal to begin with and has a ton of haggle room..)

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 05-20-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:47 AM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
I think your fortunate to be in the middle of a realestate transaction. Gives you more time to make a decision you'll be comfortable with long-term. IMO...If you're not at exactly the mileage allocated I wouldn't do it. You've paid and are paying to use up X amount of mileage. Some lease and turn in with many thousands less than they paid for...your loss here = their gain. It gets CPO and higher resale. The opposite happens too. Some drive over the mileage and get out before the term is up attempting to avoid penalties. In the end dealers get the $$$ but at least it feels better to those in the situation.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:49 AM
saeyedoc will become famous soon enoughsaeyedoc will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
i can't stress this enough.

dealers don't eat anything.

dealers don't care what u drive.. but if the product happens to be Porsche, dealers will do their best to maximize dealer profit from selling it to u.

if u don't believe me.. go work a deal on your car.. when the numbers have been agreed, bring up ur lease-ending 350z and tell them to buy it out as per promotion..
i'll be shocked if ur payment numbers stay the same..
(cause the only way that is happening is if the dealer made a killing on the deal to begin with and has a ton of haggle room..)
I already have a lease deal worked out, agreed to % off MSRP, markup over base MF rate. They don't know if the lease pull ahead program will be available when my car comes in, if it is, they will do it. I'm fairy sure the lease pull ahead deal is subsidized by PFS, not the dealer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche willing to pay off last 12 mo of lease!