997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 Bose System - No Bass?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
Bose has improved somewhat over the years with Porsche applications. Something must be wrong if you have no bass at all. Bose isn't really the best product in the world, they just have good marketing. If you're not under warranty and it's turns out to be something expensive, don't waste your money fixing it. Dump the whole system (head unit, amp, speakers etc) and start over. It will sound better, have more features, and be much more ergonomic.
I did have base.... too much, in fact. That is why I turned it down.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Gator Skin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mike87
I have a 997.1 with the Bose surround sound system, and when the bass is turned all the way to +9, I still barely feel any bass... is this normal?

Would it be covered under warranty if there is a problem?

Try the Bose Subwoofer stuffing hack below. It helped mine a lot.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2868353

Old 06-01-2011, 10:36 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdrums
Take it to the dealer...but good luck. Maybe go listen to another Carrera with Bose with the same CD to compare. Bose just does not have a lot of tight bass/thump. Bose is very loose bass and odd sounding to me.

I put a little system in my Mini....used the stock head unit but hooked up a Alpine processor, JL Audio digital amp and 10" sub and replaced the speakers in front with Hertz Audio speaker. Now this thing has some natural solid punchy bass, smooth mids and clear highs.
mike, what did you do to tune that alpine processor? does it come with a software and microphone? can it be used with any head or does it need an alpine control unit?
or even better - can you pls just list all those parts? that is somthing i want to do in my car during next winter - to keep stock head unit but put in processor, new amp and new door speakers.

Last edited by utkinpol; 06-01-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
I'd like to try stuffing the subs. I have an '06 coupe - are there any DIY for removing the subs in a coupe?

Thanks

Matt

Old 06-01-2011, 12:14 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
mike, what did you do to tune that alpine processor? does it come with a software and microphone? can it be used with any head or does it need an alpine control unit?
or even better - can you pls just list all those parts? that is somthing i want to do in my car during next winter - to keep stock head unit but put in processor, new amp and new door speakers.
The Alpine processor allows you to hook up speakers and amps to any head unit and tune your system via parametice eq's. It comes with a mic and you place this mic in various parts of the interior and the Alpine unit cuts a flat freq curve and it also takes note of any pre eq the stock head unit might have built into it. It is a must have and a cool piece. It comes with a remote control so you can play around with balance and sub settings plus bass mids and treble. You can actually set the freq of each bass mid and treble control too...very slick.

I'm selling my Mini cooper S and/or trading it in and will be taking out the JL Audio amp, sub, Alpine processor and Hertz speaker in the door. If your interested I'll make you a sweet deal on them.