997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Invoice Price on edmunds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 05:26 PM
halperin is on a distinguished road
Invoice Price on edmunds

Any one know if the invoice prices on edmunds are accurate? said 74k for a 2012 porsche carrera. I was about to pay 94k for a 2011 c2s! ill def try to negotiate up from invoice if this is accurate

Old 06-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I believe that would be a stripped base 3.6.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:21 PM
any one have experience negotiating from the invoice as a starting point?

Old 06-18-2011, 08:34 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by halperin
any one have experience negotiating from the invoice as a starting point?
whats MSRP on the one your looking at?

7k off on a 2011 would be min I would accept ..

Old 06-18-2011, 08:34 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Check the Amex Zag pricing in your area. It will also show you the invoice of a car you build. Go from there.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:46 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Any one know if the invoice prices on edmunds are accurate? said 74k for a 2012 porsche carrera. I was about to pay 94k for a 2011 c2s! ill def try to negotiate up from invoice if this is accurate
They are accurate . You on the other hand are not comparing identical cars . You claim that you looked at 2012 prices when you are buying a 2011 car plus the base Carrera is not a Carrera "S" . These things matter.

Just FYI .. Edmunds lists a 2011 Carrera S invoice at 81K . That's completely stripped of any options .

Old 06-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
They are pretty accurate, I purchases a few cars using edmund's invoice price and got almost the exact numbers, at least for the Mercedes and Nissan.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:01 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
2011 C2S invoice should be 81270 + 950 destination. For some reason Edmunds doesn't have pricing for the various options, so it's basically useless to you. Check TrueCar.com and NADA.com - they have invoice pricing on everything (although a few items were missing). Be careful because it let's you add overlapping options/packages. For instance, it'll let you add the infotainment package AND navigation simultaneously, even though the infotainment package already includes nav. And the pricing on at least one item is wrong - for instance, sport chrono costs more if you have PDK, but it doesn't adjust the price.

On average, the invoice price is about 15% less than MSRP for options.

Good luck.

On a separate note, the 991 is coming out soon. Is now a good time to buy a 997? I'm thinking 997 values (new and used) will plummet once the amazing 991 is unveiled. The 997 will turn into one of Cinderella's ugly stepsisters.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
2011 C2S invoice should be 81270 + 950 destination. For some reason Edmunds doesn't have pricing for the various options, so it's basically useless to you. Check TrueCar.com and NADA.com - they have invoice pricing on everything (although a few items were missing). Be careful because it let's you add overlapping options/packages. For instance, it'll let you add the infotainment package AND navigation simultaneously, even though the infotainment package already includes nav. And the pricing on at least one item is wrong - for instance, sport chrono costs more if you have PDK, but it doesn't adjust the price.

Good luck.

On a separate note, the 991 is coming out soon. Is now a good time to buy a 997? I'm thinking 997 values (new and used) will plummet once the amazing 991 is unveiled. The 997 will turn into one of Cinderella's ugly stepsisters.
Wow, that was very harsh.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:59 PM
Leejai is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Inglorious
Wow, that was very harsh.
+1 on the ouch. That was pretty harsh.

While I agree w/ prices dropping - can't say I agree with the 997 becoming an ugly stepsister. 911's (regardless of model) have a distinct appreciation (a la Audrey Hepburn) that stands the test of time IMO.

Last edited by Leejai; 06-19-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: changed beauty to appreciation
Old 06-19-2011, 05:20 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Leejai
+1 on the ouch. That was pretty harsh.

While I agree w/ prices dropping - can't say I agree with the 997 becoming an ugly stepsister. 911's (regardless of model) have a distinct beauty (a la Audrey Hepburn) that stands the test of time IMO.
I somewhat agree, but I think the 996 was a low point. Particularly the earlier cars with the yellow in the headlights, but that can be updated. I think it's a personal thing, obviously.

So - while I can see most other vintages being desirable to someone, I do think the 996 is an ugly stepsister, so it is not outside the realm of reason that some 911s are jettisoned in that way.

That being said, I think the 997 is leaps and bounds ahead of the 996 so I don't think the effect will be quite a bit milder in comparison.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:45 AM
llngoc is on a distinguished road
In my case, the AMEX Zag was completely useless. I am in the SFO Bay Area, when I used the Amex service to look for a C2S sticked at about $100k, it referred me to 2 dealership and one of them has really good price at >10% off MSRP so of course I went and contact them. First, the person which I was supposed to contact never got hold of me and some other salesperson contacted me instead and then this salesperson told me that he's never heard of this program but he'll "work" with me on the price. Lastly, they didn't have any C2S in stock nor coming in. (Yes, I do believe this dealership is probably leaving Porsche soon) Instead, he was trying to sell me a 911 GT3RS which is one of the only two Carreras in stock.

The other dealership only offered a meager $3k off which I was able to get (and mroe) without the Amex service.

This was at the end of last year and I was able to get 7% off sticker on a C2S. But in the end, I got a slightly different 911.

Originally Posted by ryem3
Check the Amex Zag pricing in your area. It will also show you the invoice of a car you build. Go from there.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:50 AM
llngoc is on a distinguished road
I got a 997 because I couldn't stand the new Panemera-like interior. It is just too much chrome (bling) to me.

BTW, when 996 came out, did 993 became its ugly step-sister? I found myself still longing for a mint 993 TT if I can ever find one. If you plan to keep the car for long term, model changes should never both you, in fact, I think in another month, it would be a great time to pick up a C2S with the discount and proven relability. (I swear never to buy a first year model under any circumstances)

Originally Posted by gasongasoff

Good luck.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Leejai is on a distinguished road
@Jack667 - point taken and post updated to reflect a broader aspect of 911's

Old 06-19-2011, 01:11 PM
So I got him down from 108,000 MSRP on a well optioned, carboned out, 2011 C2S to 98k. also for a 2012 with minimum options(main ones being, infotainment, and sports chrono) for 93k MSRP on this car is 99k.. both brand new. any suggestions or comments on these? decent? room to go lower?

Last edited by halperin; 06-19-2011 at 02:02 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Invoice Price on edmunds