997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fuse size for Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 09:17 AM
llngoc is on a distinguished road
Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
To make it even easier - save yourself time and money... skip the add a fuse completely as you don't need particularly when using (which I recommend) the V1 fuse. Instead, just use a .25" male spade terminal connector. There are plenty of unused, switched and un-switched fuse locations in the panel to plug into (they vary depending on coupe or cab so see your fuse guide inside access door for which one you'd specifically like). As I recall, they generally seem to be in the C row... It's how I did mine and now issues what so ever.

Just hit your local parts store, Lowes, or radio shack for one of these (on the right) ...

Good luck

Last edited by Burg Boxster; 06-27-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:11 AM
llngoc is on a distinguished road
That sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
To make it even easier - save yourself time and money... skip the add a fuse completely as you don't need particularly when using (which I recommend) the V1 fuse. Instead, just use a .25" male spade terminal connector. There are plenty of unused, switched and un-switched fuse locations in the panel to plug into (they vary depending on coupe or cab so see your fuse guide inside access door for which one you'd specifically like). As I recall, they generally seem to be in the C row... It's how I did mine and now issues what so ever.

Just hit your local parts store, Lowes, or radio shack for one of these (on the right) ...

Good luck

Old 06-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
997 uses an ATO size fuse.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
The 997 uses an ATO size fuse. If you want the number on an empty fuse slot that will supply switched power let me know.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:57 PM
adrozd is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Dadio
The 997 uses an ATO size fuse. If you want the number on an empty fuse slot that will supply switched power let me know.
Sorry so late.

Yes! Can you please provide unused fuse spot on a 2006 911 that I can use for Switched power for a stereo?

Thanx,

AD

Old 05-23-2016, 07:54 PM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
You can see the switched power I used in a photo in this post: http://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum...l#post11077838. I used the same one on my prior 2006 Carrera as well.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:13 PM
markj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the rough
What year car? You have to be careful, later models have some type of energy saving feature that does not allow you to tap in just anywhere. When I put my Max 360 in I had to run a new wire into the fuse box, to a main line, maybe someone can better detail this.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:29 AM
adrozd is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by markj
What year car? You have to be careful, later models have some type of energy saving feature that does not allow you to tap in just anywhere. When I put my Max 360 in I had to run a new wire into the fuse box, to a main line, maybe someone can better detail this.
Hi... Thanx...
It is a 2006 Carrera Coupe. (Regular, not S or anything).

Looks like you used "C-2"? That would be Climatronic, Diag (TRM15), etc? Did you not find any on the open unused fuses like: B-5, B-7, C-1, D-2, D-8, E-4 ?

Thanx,

AD

Last edited by adrozd; 05-24-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:51 PM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
It is actually C1, which was unused. It can be hard to tell in the photo I guess. Here is a diagram: http://rennlist.com/how-tos/a/porsch...diagram-376033.

Although the add-a-fuse allows you to drop it into place on an existing used spot, I didn't use it that way. I only used it to provide a wired plugin point. It's hard to tell, but I don't have the second fuse in the add-a-fuse, there is only the one for the electronics I added off of the red wire.

Last edited by StormRune; 05-24-2016 at 01:54 PM.