997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How to set Garage Door Opener on 997.1S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Fnulli997tt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Did you guys try the homelink instructions I linked you to - looks like you got as far as step 5 - only steps 6,7,8 and 9 left. I'm 67 years old and I've been able to figure it out on 3 different 997's
OK I'm a bit further now...
"Press and hold the trained HomeLink® button and observe the indicator light.
If the indicator light is solid/continuous, training is complete and your device should activate when the HomeLink® button is pressed and released.
If the indicator light blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns a solid/continuous light, proceed with the following training instructions for a rolling code device. A second person may make the following steps quicker & easier."

My indicator blinks rapidly for 2 sec and then turns to a solid light!

I can see that I then need to move on with 6-9 but now I can't seem to find the learner button on the electrical device in the garage

Last edited by Fnulli997tt; 08-01-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:26 PM
drive2006c4s is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
It takes patience - if you got the foglights to flash 3x they you completed the most difficult step. Don't turn on the fog lights - the flashing just indicates you successfully completed that step. You don't need to start the engine either...but the ignition does need to be on. After you complete the "learn" step you may have to push your Homelink button a third time to get it to work - make sure the car isn't under the door.
yeah, please be careful!!!

Old 08-01-2011, 05:27 PM
YEEEEEEEEEES I just got it to work :-)

Let me just say that it did help pressing the "learner button" on the electrical unit in the garage!

Thanks a lot guys ;-)

Last edited by Fnulli997tt; 08-01-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:32 PM
drive2006c4s is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fnulli997tt
YEEEEEEEEEES I just got it to work :-)

Let me just say that it helped pressing the "learner button" on the electrical unit in the garage!

Thanks a lot guys ;-)
Awesome! you must have different door opener than mine.
anyways, Congratulation!

Old 08-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I always thought it was common sense, you first sync it with the remote, so that it has the ability to 'learn' the code, once you press the 'learn' button in the garage, press the homelink button in the car to learn the code. Just image how dangerous it is if you can just learn the code with the remote. I had to do the same with my Honda, Nissan, Mercedes, and Porsche. Nearly all the cars I have has to be program this way.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:24 PM
CMXCVII has a spectacular aura aboutCMXCVII has a spectacular aura about
Haha, this about drove me nuts. Turns out, mine will not open the garage door from within the garage. From the outside, it works great. Took longer than I care to repeat to try it from outside of the garage ....

Old 08-01-2011, 06:49 PM
TT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really nice
I didn't have any issues programming the HomeLink unit but I do have another weird issue. All of my other cars (Audi TT, Merc ML320, Ford F350) have Homelink and will open the garage door from the end of the driveway, almost 150' away. But on the P car the nose of the vehicle literally must almost be touching the same garage door before it will open the door. It seems like the transmit power is WAY down in the P car for it to be doing this. Any ideas?

Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by TT2911
I didn't have any issues programming the HomeLink unit but I do have another weird issue. All of my other cars (Audi TT, Merc ML320, Ford F350) have Homelink and will open the garage door from the end of the driveway, almost 150' away. But on the P car the nose of the vehicle literally must almost be touching the same garage door before it will open the door. It seems like the transmit power is WAY down in the P car for it to be doing this. Any ideas?

I might be totally wrong here but....
When I lived in Denmark I had the same problem with my Cayenne Turbo!
Can it have anything to do with the windscreen (the sun protection filter thing)
In my Cayenne the Brobizz (similar to a Sunpass) wouldn't react from the inside but only if I held it close the sunroof or out of the window!

I'm just thinking if the windscreen can interfere with the "signal"

Old 08-01-2011, 07:38 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fnulli997tt
I might be totally wrong here but....
When I lived in Denmark I had the same problem with my Cayenne Turbo!
Can it have anything to do with the windscreen (the sun protection filter thing)
In my Cayenne the Brobizz (similar to a Sunpass) wouldn't react from the inside but only if I held it close the sunroof or out of the window!

I'm just thinking if the windscreen can interfere with the "signal"
The transmitter in the 997 is in the bumper...thats why you have to go to the front of the car as part of the programming...so windscreen wouldn't cause any interference.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:38 AM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Omg Brennan you rule! Too funny.

I thankfully didn't have to use the learner button on my garage remote when I set my homelink. Was very easy.

Originally Posted by jhbrennan:3275110
Did you guys try the homelink instructions I linked you to - looks like you got as far as step 5 - only steps 6,7,8 and 9 left. I'm 67 years old and I've been able to figure it out on 3 different 997's

Old 08-02-2011, 02:10 PM
RED HORSE is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TT2911
I would suspect the antenna on the head unit in the garage. If someone took it off because they thought it was just an extra wire hanging out that could be the problem.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:17 PM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
RED HORSE,

That's what happened at out beach condo. 10 out of the 16 units had their antenna wires clipped off.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:52 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
I ran into this about a year ago when trying to program a 997TT homelink. Absolutely wouldn't work. Turns out, the module was never activated from the factory, so the dealer had to do a turnover procedure to activate it. After that it programmed just fine.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:46 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
This thread is Hilarious, I feel your pain.

Until a few years ago I was unable to figure out how to program the universal remotes on these new cars. When I finally figured it out it was like I split the atom, because I am usually techno stupid. Then I taught my friend and he almost hugged me and said "everytime I car saleman said the car had unverisal remote, he wanted to slap him" because it pissed us off that it was so hard to figure out and seemed like a worthless option.
So I have been reading this and laughing because I know how you feel.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:17 PM
TT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really nice
Originally Posted by RED HORSE
I would suspect the antenna on the head unit in the garage. If someone took it off because they thought it was just an extra wire hanging out that could be the problem.
If that was the case then the other 3 vehicles would be having the same issue. Im going to ask the dealer if there is a way for them to check the tx power on the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to set Garage Door Opener on 997.1S?