997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How to set Garage Door Opener on 997.1S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 05:40 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Auto Amateur
Thanks! I've now finally managed to program the car, getting the fog light to flash three times (woohoo!) but I can't for the life of me, figure out how to get it to work with my garage door opener. I've pressed the "learn" but and gone back to my 997 to press the Homelink button I programmed two and three times, pressing and holding for a second or two then releasing. NOTHING! What's annoying is that at this point my portable garage door opener stops working and I have to pair it with the garage door opener again. WTF?!
Go here and get the Homelink instructions specific to your opener.

http://homelink.com/program

Old 08-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Auto Amateur is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all the advice folks!! Nothing worked. The dealer couldn't figure it out, the Homelink website didn't help, the instructions in the user manuals didn't help... I gave up and called the guys who installed the garage door opener in the first place. They figured it out and got both the Porsche and the Camry hooked up in about 10 mins. Amazing! $50 minimum call out fee and that was it. Deal. There was something going on with the garage door opener itself, they powered it off, on.... reset both Homelink systems in the cars and boom, reprogrammed them too, done.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:05 PM
jfort is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a year-old liftmaster opener. i can use the lift master app on iPhone and it works fine. i like that it notifies me if the door opens. but i could never get it to work with 07 C2S. when i contacted the company, they said my car was too old and sent a wireless relay thing. i think it receives the signal from the (old) car, changes the signal for the opener and radiates it. i never used it as i have too few power recepticals in the garage as it is. so, I use the "clipped to the visor" remote like the old(er) days

Old 08-04-2017, 02:51 PM
steben is on a distinguished road
Same problem

Originally Posted by jfort
I have a year-old liftmaster opener. i can use the lift master app on iPhone and it works fine. i like that it notifies me if the door opens. but i could never get it to work with 07 C2S. when i contacted the company, they said my car was too old and sent a wireless relay thing. i think it receives the signal from the (old) car, changes the signal for the opener and radiates it. i never used it as i have too few power recepticals in the garage as it is. so, I use the "clipped to the visor" remote like the old(er) days

The Homelink on my 2007 C2S worked perfectly until I had to replace my opener (Both old and new openers were Liftmaster). My car is not compatible with the new opener. I went back to old school with the remote clipped to my visor

Old 09-11-2017, 08:24 AM
REGANS12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have used the simple solution to set the garage door opener which i have read on a manual and it works fine with it. Also thanks all the folks for sharing your thoughts regarding this.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-11-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:31 PM
G Reddekopp is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ballgie
Anyone have experience how to set the homelink garage door opener on 2006 997s? I did follow the user manual and step by step but still can't successful. But it is easy setup on my 2011 Panamera 4. Stange.....
I have a 2006 997 and I tried for hours to get the home link to program. I found out that the 2006 and older do not work with the modern Home link system. I bought a Lift master repeater kit. Cost me $45. and it took me about 2 minutes to install it. Programmed my 997 factory button in two minutes. It was so easy when I had the repeater kit.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:36 AM
KeepUp.1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by G Reddekopp
I have a 2006 997 and I tried for hours to get the home link to program. I found out that the 2006 and older do not work with the modern Home link system. I bought a Lift master repeater kit. Cost me $45. and it took me about 2 minutes to install it. Programmed my 997 factory button in two minutes. It was so easy when I had the repeater kit.
Funny timing, I just got my 07 turbo today and couldn’t get it to learn, it says the cutoff is 06 but I suspect I need the repeater too looking at my lift master 8500w instructions.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:18 AM
boxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud of
I just followed her instructions on my 997.1S cab, and it worked great:

Old 05-17-2021, 10:24 PM
JasonR_in_NYC is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by boxtaboy
I just followed her instructions on my 997.1S cab, and it worked great:
Worked great for me too. I had to do the additional steps of hitting the programming button on my opener base and then hitting the homelink button.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:08 PM
dandaman19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Success

Originally Posted by Ynot
I always thought it was common sense, you first sync it with the remote, so that it has the ability to 'learn' the code, once you press the 'learn' button in the garage, press the homelink button in the car to learn the code. Just image how dangerous it is if you can just learn the code with the remote. I had to do the same with my Honda, Nissan, Mercedes, and Porsche. Nearly all the cars I have has to be program this way.
this is the way, the truth and the light!

Old 02-12-2022, 06:39 PM
Soroboto is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it the same process for the 997.2?