997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My first Porsche - 911 C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 10:50 AM
dtchui is on a distinguished road
very nice congrats

Old 11-15-2011, 12:51 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Dropped off the p-car at the body shop today for the GT3RS rear bumper conversion. More to come soon including more CF bits, a front lip, and a Turbo wing

Old 11-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K-E-V
Dropped off the p-car at the body shop today for the GT3RS rear bumper conversion. More to come soon including more CF bits, a front lip, and a Turbo wing
Patiently waiting for the results.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:34 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Everything sounds awesome except the turbo wing? Regardless, can't wait to see the mods. Looks amazing so far.

Originally Posted by K-E-V

Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Looks stunning Kev!

Old 11-15-2011, 02:21 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
Everything sounds awesome except the turbo wing? Regardless, can't wait to see the mods. Looks amazing so far.
I don't see how that's different from any other wing that people put on their 911. It's just a wing like any other OEM or aftermarket wing. It's not like I'm going to badge it as turbo an then pose it as a turbo. The rear decklid is going to have a custom decal in silver that reads "C4S".

Old 11-15-2011, 02:40 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
I love the Turbo wing, much better than my Aero / GT3 one. Is it going to be functional?

Old 11-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
I love the Turbo wing, much better than my Aero / GT3 one. Is it going to be functional?
It will probably have a different wing blade, like a Mischa GT2M or AP GT2 carbon wing blade. The goal is to make it fully functional and modify the stock intake snorkel to fit the more caudad placement of the 997.2 intake box. This is the reference thread of a functional turbo wing conversion on an NB 997.2:

Turbo Wing on 997.2 C2S - 6speedonline.com Forums

Old 11-15-2011, 08:22 PM
petporcheman is on a distinguished road
redmond meet

when is the redmond meet and where. i live in kirkland and would like to go.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 PM
pictures

i have rouble uploading pictures they are probably too large

Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2011, 08:30 PM
pictures

mas or may not get an upload

Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 PM
pictures

pictures

Old 11-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Today, the GT3RS bumpers were prepped for paint. Since it didn't come with the PDC openings, the shop had to drill them out for me. Other than that, it is also missing a vent, some fasterners, and a tow hook cover, so those have to be ordered. Looks like I'll have it back early next week.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:24 PM
The car will be one tomorrow. According to the shop owner, the Cargraphic x-pipe improved the tone of the side mufflers further.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Talking GT3 RS rear bumper = DONE!

Picked up the car from the body shop this morning and here's a sneak peek of the rear:

The quality of the workmanship is GREAT. The fit and finish are very well done. There's no problem with paint matching. The tips were tricky to fit per the body shop owner, but they lined it up REALLY well.

The x-pipe / center muffler delete kit from CG really improved the sound of the exhaust. I already have the valvetronic side cans from CG. Now with the x-pipe, the noise of acceleration from 3k all the way to red line is just intoxicating. Anyone who is contemplating about the center muffler bypass should just do it, even with the valves of the side cans closed, the difference is still noticeable.

This was the initial inspiration of my current build:

Hoping to see the FVD front lip early next week so we'll tackle the wing and the lip simultaneously.

Last edited by K-E-V; 11-21-2011 at 11:32 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My first Porsche - 911 C4S