997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension 500 Wireless Ipod System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 07:43 AM
dastro has a spectacular aura aboutdastro has a spectacular aura about
Dension 500 Wireless Ipod System

Hello,

I wanted to share a DIY wireless Ipod system I installed in my '05 C2S Cab. I had the Dension 500 installed yesterday (main unit and Aux unit installed on top of NAV drive). I had the cables run to the cabin for manual Ipod control because the interface via PCM is non-intuitive, time-consuming, and more dangerous, IMO ( tend to constantly change artists, songs, etc.).

Taking the install one step further, I then installed my AudioEngine W2 wireless Ipod system. This simply involved plugging the wireless receiver into the USB input and connecting it to the aux audio input via 3.5mm male to stereo RCA cable. I then connected the wireless transmitter to the Ipod via 30 pin connector.

This enables you to freely use the Ipod and place it anywhere you want without worrying about cable issues. It also makes for a nice, uncluttered looking cabin. Sound-wise, I can't detect a difference between it and the wired connection. The wireless system employed has higher resolution than bluetooth- the mfr. specs CD quality.

If anyone would like pics or more info, just let me know.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
cool - post some pix please. Presume you don't get PCM display b/c it's thru the USB?

Thanks for sharing

Old 09-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Burg,

No PCM display since it's via ipod UI. I'll post pics when I get a chance. Thanks.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:22 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dastro
Burg,

No PCM display since it's via ipod UI. I'll post pics when I get a chance. Thanks.

i have an audioengine5 in the house. Top notch and incredible sound. I am really interested in this set up too. What did parts and installation cost?

Old 09-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Wireless Dension

I had a local car audio company in Columbus, OH do the full install except for the wireless part, which literally took 30 seconds. I had them run an aux cable to the open area under PCM, and the Ipod cable to the glove box, which took them some time to do properly. The total bill for equipment and install was about $700.

I have attached 2 pics.

Attached Images   
Old 09-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Ilias4s is an unknown quantity at this point
I have dension if you connect the ipod with this w2 way can you watch the songs from pcm and with charge of the iPod what are you doing ?

Old 09-09-2011, 06:45 AM
No, you have to use ipod manually and there is no information on PCM. You can't charge it this way either, but you should have the Ipod cable installed somewhere in the cabin so you can still use it via PCM and charge it if you want.