997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

More Road Rage against a Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 03:53 PM
dndodd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bux996tt
You need a trunk monkey.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y

Old 09-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Bux996tt will become famous soon enoughBux996tt will become famous soon enough

Old 09-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
That's a crazy story. I've only had my 911 for a couple of months, but can already report a potentially related incident.

I was behind a guy in a low-end Hyundai doing about 30 in a 40 mph zone on a two-lane road for about a mile, and couldn't take it anymore, so I decided to pass (admittedly crossing a double-yellow stripe, but I had plenty of visibility relative to his speed). Whenever I pass, I try to do it quickly, so I hit the gas, and the guy immediately swerved to block me. I quickly swerved all the way into the opposite shoulder to get around him, otherwise I would have hit him (hard). And of course when I did pass him and pull far ahead, he immediately speeded up to try to close the gap.

I don't know if an anti-Porsche factor was involved (it was a working class area), but I've never had that happen before.

Last edited by Manifold; 09-09-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:19 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
It's scary out there!

Old 09-09-2011, 06:21 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jakesdad
and you think this is "road rage against your Porsche"????

Lamb of God suggests concealed carry????

Dented the door and chipped the window... What was he throwing? Twenty dollar gold pieces?????
Honestly, it was just road rage and would have happened probably if I was driving anything but driving a nice car could have edged him on...either he was either throwning coins or nuts and bolts...seeing he just went through a toll plaza both the police and I figured it was quarters.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
He couldn't afford to throw quarters, probably keeps an ashtray full of nuts and bolts for occasions like this. Obviously he is going nowhere fast.

Last edited by Vancouver-BC; 09-09-2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Correction, it's been a long day.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:56 PM
ol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry this happened, know the feeling well. I'm out a taillight for no reason what so ever, other then I drive a Porsche. But, as stated above your safety is the important thing.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:11 AM
gray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud of
You need this. Very compact and will fit in a 911.

Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2011, 07:50 AM
LambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these parts
Yesssss....

Originally Posted by gray911
You need this. Very compact and will fit in a 911.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:57 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I had a road rage incident that resulted in damage to my Land Cruiser (keyed the car and broke the window!!!). The LOE at first didnt show up and called me and said "I left because I couldn't find you, I've been waiting 20 minutes". Well I was there the whole time and he was flat lying. He then tried to blow it off. He said it was a "he said she said" deal and a waste of time because I would never win it in court. I told him that push turned to shove when the guy started threatening me and damaged my car.

The LOE then tried to turn on me by saying "you seem pretty angry are you an angry person? Are you being hostile toward me?". At that point, I started ending every sentence with his name "Officer XXXXX". He then saw I was serious and went to his squad car. He was in the car for 40 minutes, I thought writing out a report. It was winter and my window was busted out and i was freezing. He finally comes back and hands me a completely blank report form to fill out.

I stood my ground and had to force the Leo to take the report. I prevailed (I guess) because the jerk had to pay restitution for the damage and plead guilty to the lesser offense of property damage (they dropped the threats). Whole experience was very negative, except for the detective assigned to my case.

Last edited by DoninDEN; 09-10-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:02 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i would call the internal affair office of the PD to file a complaint against the officer or PD for not acting on your case. A letter to the DA is also a good idea.

If nothing else, get photos of the damage and you can always take him to small claim court.

These low life need to learn a lesson.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:29 AM
lonewolfdj has a spectacular aura aboutlonewolfdj has a spectacular aura about
I'd pay off someone to run his plates and then go repay the favor.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:59 AM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
My friend parked his X5 in a cafe lot and happend to park next to another x5 we go inside to find out we have 15min wait so we b/s outside then we notice a 60 year old guy who owns the x5 next to my friends take off our rear wiper blade to swap it with his! And the wife aka granny was the look out!! We walk over ofcourse ur not gona rip the blade out of his hand and beat him with it. We ask wat he was doing he goes oo im just measuring the 2 blades rrrrright anyway granny was embaresed she walkes away we got our blade bak. Very strange world we live in.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:25 AM
IamRobG is on a distinguished road
You could do what i do. Shave your head, work out a little (i'm not big by any stretch, 5'8 170lbs) and have a bunch of tattoo's. People tend to avoid people with shaved heads and tattoo's. Last time i was in my 997 some d*** in a lifted pick up blatantly cut me off and gave me the finger, i let it slide until he proceeded to do 15MPH in a 40 and continually break check me for no reason. I did my usual honk, flash and point to pull over. He pulled over, got out of the car as did I ( i guess he expecting an older calmer gentleman), i started screaming and running at him. He got in his truck and took off, unfortunately for him not fast enough. I ran him down, double yellow line passed him, locked up my breaks and got out of the car again and made him apologize or some unsavory things were going to happen. This was on the North Shore of long island btw.

Just so you know i have been known to have a screw loose from time to time so i dont think things through. I'm sure 90% of the people on this board don't react the way i do. Either way, everyone says you never know what the other person is capable of. I look at it different, they don't know what i'm capable of.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:44 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I believe in FL that would be a flying/deadly missle charge and it can be a felony. Don't ask me how I know. I would follow up with the police and ask them if you need to move forward with reporting it to the State Troopers (most agencies hate other agencies looking into their mess). Plus turn it in to your insurance. At least you with have all sorts of people pestering him.
Glad you are OK.

Last edited by function12; 09-12-2011 at 01:26 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More Road Rage against a Porsche