997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

More Road Rage against a Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 07:50 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
More Road Rage against a Porsche

I experienced road rage this last month while driving my Cayenne to the beach in St. Peterburg FL going through a toll plaza and trying to merge into traffic. a guy in a old pick up truck got pissed I and a few others were trying to merge and he threw a hand full of change at my Cayenne denting the side door and chipping the window. I got his tag number and called the police. They did not really want to do anything about it. I pressed on gave them his tag number and they said they would be back with a line up of pictures. I pointed him right out and so did my wife as we were both seperated. The police paid him a visit and of course this guy said he didn't do anything and doesn't know what they are talking about. So far the police have done nothing about this.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:04 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mdrums
I experienced road rage this last month while driving my Cayenne to the beach in St. Peterburg FL going through a toll plaza and trying to merge into traffic. a guy in a old pick up truck got pissed I and a few others were trying to merge and he threw a hand full of change at my Cayenne denting the side door and chipping the window. I got his tag number and called the police. They did not really want to do anything about it. I pressed on gave them his tag number and they said they would be back with a line up of pictures. I pointed him right out and so did my wife as we were both seperated. The police paid him a visit and of course this guy said he didn't do anything and doesn't know what they are talking about. So far the police have done nothing about this.
And, sadly, I doubt that they will. Nothing against LEOs but I doubt they will expend the manpower to do anything other than generate a report and tell you to run it through your insurance.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:25 AM
1beastnstl is on a distinguished road
I hate when that happens...............

Old 09-09-2011, 08:32 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
typical Florida

Old 09-09-2011, 08:36 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slant83
typical Florida
This wasn't a young guy either. This guy is mid 50's, black, past criminal records, poor and angry at everyone it seems.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:38 AM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
That's a slam dunk assault charge!
Only more do if you've got damage consistent with your description of the incident.
Call the prosecutors office, politely demand action.
And (depending on your deductable) file in civil court, or make sure your insurance company does. Maybe they'll be inclined to do so if you ask for the full-Monty repair.

My brother got hit in the face by a bunch of change. He was on his bike (the pedaling type). A**hats in an oncoming pickup thought it'd be a good idea to assault someone for no reason. They chucked out a bunch of coins at 50mph., so the closing speed was close to 70mph. Busted a couple of his teeth, wrecked his bike, and nearly took out an older female rider in the incident.

Me- I'm in favor of caning for these type of offenses. Not a joke.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
This wasn't a young guy either. This guy is mid 50's, black, past criminal records, poor and angry at everyone it seems.
That sucks. Last Saturday we were driving back to Ocala from Tampa and while in route this older white guy in a Camary brake checked 2 different cars for no reason. I think they thought they were too close behind him so he stabbed the brakes . . . These people are idiots . . .

Mike, if that guy would have thrown change at my truck I would have pitted him off the road . . . LOL.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 AM
bilh1963 is on a distinguished road
Are you white, asian, etc.? Tell them you want to file a hate crime charge.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:18 PM
LambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these parts
Conceal & Carry man! No telling what this joker would have done had all of you stopped. Good to have back up. Cops are nothing but tax collectors.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:25 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
People get weird when they are behind the wheel. I also ride a bike (cyclist) and I get a huge amount of crap from people in their cars.

OP:

Sorry to hear of your incident. I hope it works out, but based on what you know about the guy that did it, it may be best to just move on.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
That's a crime in itself being black

Old 09-09-2011, 02:37 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
There are two separate issues : 1) payment for the car damage and 2) the possibility of criminal charges against the coin tosser.

1) Payment -- My opinion is that you take the police report and the claim to your insurance company . They will pay for the repair and investigate it further and it may take time but you might even get the deductible back.

2) Criminal charges - Apparently the police has the info and did not make an arrest . One can speculate as to the "why" . Maybe the cops lacked evidence on a he said /she said claim but an attorney contacting them on yoir behalf in writing has a better chance of getting that answer . I don't think it's worth it though

At least you guys are ok .

Old 09-09-2011, 02:51 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Mike,

If this guy is crazy enough to do something like this, then I suggest you let your insurance company deal with it. Report the tags to them, ask the police for a case number, and if they feel that there is reasonable amount of info to chase it down, then let them.

In the end it is just a car, and you and your wife's safety is more important. There is no telling what people will do.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:03 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
and you think this is "road rage against your Porsche"????

Lamb of God suggests concealed carry????

Dented the door and chipped the window... What was he throwing? Twenty dollar gold pieces?????

Old 09-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Bux996tt will become famous soon enoughBux996tt will become famous soon enough
You need a trunk monkey.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More Road Rage against a Porsche