997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

More Road Rage against a Porsche

Old 09-12-2011, 01:13 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by IamRobG
You could do what i do. Shave your head, work out a little (i'm not big by any stretch, 5'8 170lbs) and have a bunch of tattoo's. People tend to avoid people with shaved heads and tattoo's. Last time i was in my 997 some d*** in a lifted pick up blatantly cut me off and gave me the finger, i let it slide until he proceeded to do 15MPH in a 40 and continually break check me for no reason. I did my usual honk, flash and point to pull over. He pulled over, got out of the car as did I ( i guess he expecting an older calmer gentleman), i started screaming and running at him. He got in his truck and took off, unfortunately for him not fast enough. I ran him down, double yellow line passed him, locked up my breaks and got out of the car again and made him apologize or some unsavory things were going to happen. This was on the North Shore of long island btw.

Just so you know i have been known to have a screw loose from time to time so i dont think things through. I'm sure 90% of the people on this board don't react the way i do. Either way, everyone says you never know what the other person is capable of. I look at it different, they don't know what i'm capable of.
I live on the South Shore (Brightwaters). I'll be sure not to brake check you when I am visiting the Gold Coast. LOL.

Seriously, there are some very big tool bags on the Island. And it gets worse every day.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:52 PM
IamRobG is on a distinguished road
People just can't mind their own business and be civil. Its a shame. I don't go out and key bentleys and rolls royces even though i want one. Some people just need to be taken out back and shot.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Manifold
That's a crazy story. I've only had my 911 for a couple of months, but can already report a potentially related incident.

I was behind a guy in a low-end Hyundai doing about 30 in a 40 mph zone on a two-lane road for about a mile, and couldn't take it anymore, so I decided to pass (admittedly crossing a double-yellow stripe, but I had plenty of visibility relative to his speed). Whenever I pass, I try to do it quickly, so I hit the gas, and the guy immediately swerved to block me. I quickly swerved all the way into the opposite shoulder to get around him, otherwise I would have hit him (hard). And of course when I did pass him and pull far ahead, he immediately speeded up to try to close the gap.

I don't know if an anti-Porsche factor was involved (it was a working class area), but I've never had that happen before.
Not so crazy Manifold....maybe he's had a tough life and just exhausted his 2 years of unemployment.....and he couldn't figure out how to get any more of other people's money........and instead of aspiring to your Porsche he resents you for owning it. Man....whare's your empathy?

Old 09-12-2011, 07:24 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Wink

Originally Posted by Manifold
That's a crazy story. I've only had my 911 for a couple of months, but can already report a potentially related incident.

I was behind a guy in a low-end Hyundai doing about 30 in a 40 mph zone on a two-lane road for about a mile, and couldn't take it anymore, so I decided to pass (admittedly crossing a double-yellow stripe, but I had plenty of visibility relative to his speed). Whenever I pass, I try to do it quickly, so I hit the gas, and the guy immediately swerved to block me. I quickly swerved all the way into the opposite shoulder to get around him, otherwise I would have hit him (hard). And of course when I did pass him and pull far ahead, he immediately speeded up to try to close the gap.

I don't know if an anti-Porsche factor was involved (it was a working class area), but I've never had that happen before.

Hey manifold....not so crazy......maybe he had a tough life....maybe he ran out of his 2 years of unemployment and he ran out of other people's money to take....Have a heart.........he's just a little upset the OP had enough money to buy a Porsche and he couldn't.......completely understandable.....where's your empathy my friend

Old 09-12-2011, 08:44 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LambOfGod
Conceal & Carry man! No telling what this joker would have done had all of you stopped. Good to have back up. Cops are nothing but tax collectors.
I heard that. Always good to have back up.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:49 PM
LambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these parts
Fortunately, I've had nothing but: I love your car, thumbs up, bad *** car, your car is awesome everything has be pleasant. Although, when I was in Illinois at a Best Buy some assneck screwed with my car by moving my side mirrors.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:38 PM
stockid will become famous soon enoughstockid will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear that your car got dinged by another road rage idiot. But, after reading the posts I really don't see what point it is that the driver was Black. Does that make your ding worse somehow? Should we fear all black drivers now? Just don't equate the senselessness with the color of the driver. Most drivers are idiots and out here most would be asian and a woman. Color does not pre-dispose one to do one kind of an act or another. So, don't go out and try to fight the first old black guy you see cause it was not his fault.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:08 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
fighting over car is stupid, especially if you are not alone. any sort of rage is a waste of time... as of guns - well, so you get angry and shoot him dead. what`s next? nothing much good i would think. time when you had an entitlement to protect your property is long gone. i would simply try to avoid places where scambags seem to be in big numbers and drive cheaper car around. or just stop paying attention to any dents on exterior.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:10 AM
EDOD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Bux996tt
You need a trunk monkey.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:10 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
Maybe

Originally Posted by tommyv
Hey manifold....not so crazy......maybe he had a tough life....maybe he ran out of his 2 years of unemployment and he ran out of other people's money to take....Have a heart.........he's just a little upset the OP had enough money to buy a Porsche and he couldn't.......completely understandable.....where's your empathy my friend
Sure that's possible. Maybe likely.

Or maybe he's your neighbor.
Or the guy who fixed your roof, or balanced your tires last time.
Maybe he changed the oil in your kid's car. Or your wife's.
And maybe he just found out his wife has cancer.
Or maybe he was on his way back from the hospital because his kid got hit crossing the street.
And maybe he was thinking about the retirement he'll never have because it's going to take everything he's got plus the insurance to give that kid a chance.
Or maybe he just got laid off from the first decent job he'd ever had because he's dyslexic - and in the school he went to, they never knew about it until it was too late.
Or maybe he put everything he had into a little two-bedroom at the height of the market because some mortgage-flipper convinced him if he waited it's be too late...and it's all gone now.
Or maybe he just had another bad day of people telling him he's a no-count POS because he works hard at a job they don't want to do.

Maybe. Maybe not.
Maybe he was just a dink.
It's a big world out there.
Not everybody else is a POS.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:38 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TomE
Sure that's possible. Maybe likely.

Or maybe he's your neighbor.
Or the guy who fixed your roof, or balanced your tires last time.
Maybe he changed the oil in your kid's car. Or your wife's.
And maybe he just found out his wife has cancer.
Or maybe he was on his way back from the hospital because his kid got hit crossing the street.
And maybe he was thinking about the retirement he'll never have because it's going to take everything he's got plus the insurance to give that kid a chance.
Or maybe he just got laid off from the first decent job he'd ever had because he's dyslexic - and in the school he went to, they never knew about it until it was too late.
Or maybe he put everything he had into a little two-bedroom at the height of the market because some mortgage-flipper convinced him if he waited it's be too late...and it's all gone now.
Or maybe he just had another bad day of people telling him he's a no-count POS because he works hard at a job they don't want to do.

Maybe. Maybe not.
Maybe he was just a dink.
It's a big world out there.
Not everybody else is a POS.
And none of this justifies damaging another man's property.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:11 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
In NY that would be Criminal Mischief in the fourth degree, a class A or B misdemeanor depending on the estimate of damage, iirc.. The OP is within his rights to request an official police report and an arrest made. A citizen in NY can make a citizen's arrest for an incident like this.

When I say arrest I don't necessarily mean incarceration, although that is always plausible, I mean an appearance ticket compelling that person to go to court to answer the charge. It is the same criminal charge, however, the appearance ticket serves in lieu of physical arrest.

I would make a complaint to I.A.D. and/or the D.A's Office requesting action by the police. This was an intentional act, there is a witness and physical evidence. This is not a he said, she (he) said scenario. The police have probable cause for an arrest and a duty to make one.

Last edited by 911dev; 09-13-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:24 PM
gadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to behold
http://www.news4jax.com/news/28777091/detail.html

Here's a story in Jacksonville FL where a victim used his concealed weapon in self defense on a road rage on the Buckman Bridge.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:36 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
I agree

Originally Posted by cavsct94
And none of this justifies damaging another man's property.
Agree 100%. It doesn't at all.
And it sure as heck doesn't justify putting anybody's life at risk.
Which this other driver did. (He didn't throw anything / do damage.)
But - no disrespect to the OP intended - we've got one side of a story here.
Even if true, it's not a reason to belittle anybody who might be down on their luck.
That's what the responder did.
Just my point of view -
It's a big world. And everybody else in it isn't a POS.

Last edited by TomE; 09-13-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:53 PM
PKing Fast has a spectacular aura aboutPKing Fast has a spectacular aura aboutPKing Fast has a spectacular aura about
----

Last edited by PKing Fast; 10-09-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More Road Rage against a Porsche